Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 15.68 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 30.19 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||14.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market Analysis
The ANC Headphones Market size is expected to grow from USD 15.68 billion in 2023 to USD 30.19 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The growing acceptance of smart wearables, such as wireless headphones with active noise-canceling, has augmented hearing and increased control over ambient sounds, propelling the demand for active noise-canceling headphones.
- The growing awareness toward hearing disorders, the transition to being hearable in the connected environment, the increasing number of smartphone users and tech-savvy consumers, and the adoption of new audio technology are some prominent factors expected to drive the ANC headphones market. According to Ericsson, the number of smartphone subscriptions worldwide surpasses six billion and is expected to grow by several hundred million in the next few years. China, India, and the United States have the highest number of smartphone users.
- The growing inclination of consumers toward headphones that offer higher audio quality encourages audio device companies to incorporate advanced technologies and provide noise-canceling features in headphones, further fuelling the market growth. For instance, in September 2022, Bose launched another pair of headphones, QuietComfort SE. The new QuietComfort SE was rebranded with minor improvements to the Bose QuietComfort 45, which was replaced by Bose QuietComfort 35 II. The QuietComfort SEs deliver 24-hour playtime on a single charge and need 2.5 hours to get fully recharged. A 15-minute short mission is enough for a 3-hour playback.
- The rise in digital platform penetration and the surge in intelligent devices allow several music and entertainment customers to use wireless ANC headphones for better quality. According to IBEF, MeitY collaborated with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to establish a quantum computing applications lab in India to accelerate quantum computing-driven research and development and enable new scientific discoveries. Some vendors are focusing on launching competitive prices at lower prices to make their products popular among consumers. For instance, Sony kept the price of its noise-cancellation headphone at just USD 68 on Amazon Prime Day Sale. The availability of noise-canceling headphones at a lower price may further drive market growth.
- Furthermore, the need for high capital and technological expertise may be significant barriers to the entrance of small and medium-scale manufacturers into the active noise-canceling headphones market. In-ear active noise-canceling headphones are likely to witness traction during the forecast period. A significant reason for the high market penetration of these headphones is their cost-efficiency. Further, the increased adoption of in-ear headphones by sports and music enthusiasts is another factor for the high application of in-ear headphones.
Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Adoption of Smart Phones is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The increasing penetration of smartphones and connected mobile phones is driving the demand for active noise-canceling headphones worldwide. Vendors are incorporating several smart and intelligent features in their products, affecting the global sale of active noise-cancellation headphones. There is a high demand for innovative entry-level products in developing countries, which local manufacturers currently fulfill.
- In September 2022, Sony added to its smartphone lineup with its latest launch, the Xperia 5 IV. The compact smartphone has a smaller screen but can easily compete with the other flagships with its big-phone features. The device comes with a 6.1-inch OLED display with a refresh rate of 120 Hz, which is said to be 50% brighter than the Xperia 5 III's panel.
- According to CISCO Annual Internet Report, 2018-2023, the total number of global mobile subscribers is expected to rise from 5.6 billion in 2022 to 5.7 billion by 2023. The increasing number of mobile subscribers represents a positive outlook for the market.
- The increasing trend of making smartphones slimmer and thinner has resulted in manufacturers removing the headphones jack. This propels consumers to adopt advanced headphones with unique features, which will likely boost the market growth over the forecast period. Further, in January 2022, according to the US Census Bureau, the sales of smartphones sold in the United States increased by USD 1.7 billion to USD 74.7 billion.
- Furthermore, according to IBEF, shipments of "Made in India" smartphones increased 7% Y-o-Y in Q1 of this year, reaching over 48 million units, while over 190 million smartphones made in India were shipped.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Experience Significant Market Growth
- Asia-Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest growth over the forecast period, owing to some major players in the region. The presence, coupled with the extensive research and development activities carried out by these players, has resulted in the region's wide-scale adoption of active noise-cancellation headphones.
- In February 2022, Sony expanded its product lineup with the launch of Sony WH-XB910N noise-canceling headphones. The Bluetooth headphones have active noise cancellation functionality and are part of the company's Extra Bass range. The headphones come with LDAC support and offer up to 30 hours of battery backup on a single charge.
- Asia-Pacific players are introducing innovative features of noise-canceling headphones to meet the dynamic consumer demands and attract a large consumer base in the region. Furthermore, the adoption of innovative marketing strategies is expected to emerge as a popular trend among noise-canceling headphones market players in the Asia-Pacific region in the upcoming years.
- Further, emerging markets in Asian countries have witnessed an unexpected growth in the demand for premium headphones, which can be attributed to the rising disposable income. Moreover, they are adopting smart headphones with add-on functionalities, such as active noise cancellation, augmented hearing, and higher control over ambient sounds.
- For instance, in April 2022, Sennheiser, the German audio giant, established CX Plus and CX True Wireless (TWS) earphones in the Indian market. With added qualities such as Active Noise Cancellation and transparent hearing, the new CX Plus earphones create a companion for everyday listening. Sennheiser's range of unique TWS earphones features the proprietary True Response transducer, developed for Sennheiser's range of premium earphones.
- Furthermore, the penetration by foreign players in the region providing technologically advanced premium products and better experiences has fueled the demand for active noise cancellation headphones. This is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Industry Overview
The active noise cancellation headphones market is favorably competitive due to few competitors in the market. Market players and stakeholders are constantly adopting creative technologies and trying to roll out new features of noise-canceling headphones to maintain an edge in the market as the technologies and preferences of consumers are continuously evolving.
- February 2022: Boat added another headphone to its portfolio. The homegrown firm launched boAt Nirvana 751 headphones in India. The boAt Nirvana is the company's first wireless headphones with active noise cancellation. There is a dedicated button to activate noise cancellation. The headphones also come with up to 65 hours of playback, fast charging, and other essential features.
- January 2022: Sennheiser extended its audio product lineup with the launch of Sennheiser HD 450SE wireless headphones. The headphones come with active noise cancellation and offer similar features to HD 450BT headphones. The latest Bluetooth headphones from Sennheiser come with built-in Alexa support, Google Assistant, and Siri. The headphones feature a foldable design and have a frequency response capacity of 18Hz to 22,000Hz.
Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market Leaders
Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market News
- October 2022: Sony India announced the release of the WH-1000XM5, the long-awaited successor to Sony's award-winning 1000XM family, which offers Sony's legacy audio quality from the hugely popular WH-1000XM4. This new model provides users with an immersive, distraction-free sound experience, and the implementation of new technologies elevates the WH-1000XM5's already industry-leading noise canceling and audio quality to a new level.
- October 2022: Apple launched new second-generation noise-canceling AirPods. The AirPods Pro 2 earphones feature 2x better noise-canceling technology, improved transparency mode, and an H2 chip. The AirPods Pro 2 are equivalent in design to the actual AirPods Pro, featuring a rounded design with silicone ear tips and a short stem.
- August 2022: Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro launched TWS headphones with improved sound quality, noise cancellation, and up to 29 hours of battery energy for USD 230.
Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Affinity of the Millennial Population toward Technologically Advanced Appliances
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Need for High Capital and Technological Expertise
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Price Range
5.3 By Distribution Channel
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Bose Corporation
6.1.3 Sony Corporation
6.1.4 Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.5 Apple Inc.
6.1.6 AsusTek Computer Inc.
6.1.7 Logitech International S.A
6.1.8 Pioneer Corporation
6.1.9 Toshiba Corporation
6.1.10 Skullcandy Inc.
6.1.11 Xiaomi Corporation
6.1.12 Plantronics Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Active Noise Cancellation Headphones Market Research FAQs
How big is the ANC Headphones Market?
The ANC Headphones Market size is expected to reach USD 15.68 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 14% to reach USD 30.19 billion by 2028.
What is the current ANC Headphones Market size?
In 2023, the ANC Headphones Market size is expected to reach USD 15.68 billion.
Who are the key players in ANC Headphones Market?
Bose Corporation, Samsung, Sony Corporation, Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG and Apple Inc. are the major companies operating in the ANC Headphones Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in ANC Headphones Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in ANC Headphones Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the ANC Headphones Market.
ANC Headphones Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 ANC Headphones market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. ANC Headphones analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.