Marketing Automation Software Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 5.75 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 13.48 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||18.58 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Marketing Automation Software Market Analysis
The Marketing Automation Software Market size is expected to grow from USD 5.75 billion in 2023 to USD 13.48 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 18.58% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Due to the increasing significance of marketing in generating sales and customer retention, marketing services are witnessing a rise in spending.
- In Order to keep businesses updated with the recent technological disruptions worldwide, marketing managers are strategically spending on marketing automation solutions and tools to adopt the latest digital marketing trends.
- Marketing automation is a technology that aids businesses in creating stronger consumer engagement campaigns by removing tedious activities and allowing the marketing staff to concentrate on more important factors. In addition to other things, the technology makes it easier to manage lead generation and customer lifecycle marketing. As a result, Automated Marketing Tools have drawn a lot of attention in recent years, and it is anticipated that they will continue to rise during the research period.
- From social media marketing to SEO or content marketing, marketing managers are investing significantly to support and boost their sales. Artificial intelligence (AI), data-driven promotion, and search engine optimization (SEO) will give marketing solution providers an advantage in the era of digitization and aggressive promotion techniques. In the upcoming years, AI will present possible opportunities for businesses, sectors, and nations.
- Organic visibility is expected to increase due to the growth in social media marketing campaigns. Various brands improve their return on investment (ROI) by increasing their social media marketing budget. Social media advertisement targeting will likely become highly targeted by mirroring Google's Adwords platform.
- With the introduction of new automation technologies, the market is also experiencing a lack of qualified individuals who can instruct consumers on how to make the most of analytics solutions and use them for helpful information and insights. However, large-sized businesses are concentrating on acquiring smaller ones and providing integrated software suites termed "Marketing Cloud" with the aid of cloud technologies and platforms like IaaS and SaaS. Through mergers and acquisitions, companies can grow their market share and domination by acquiring the necessary knowledge, technology, and client base.
- With the onset of the COVID-19 outbreak, many B2B marketing companies adopted a "play it safe" approach through which they reduced their marketing budgets until they could analyze the impact on their businesses and had to wait for the economic scenario to improve.
Marketing Automation Software Market Trends
Entertainment and Media Expected to have a Significant Market Share
- Virtual reality (VR), over-the-top (OTT) video and online advertising are projected to be among the fastest-growing revenue generators for entertainment and media companies in developing economies where technology adoption is dominant, like the United States internet advertising and marketing market, and globally. These trends increase the need for high internet marketing activity, and the rising automation adoption for these activities supports the substantial scope for the vendors in the market studied.
- With smartphone adoption reaching nearly 70% of the global mobile user base, according to GSMA Mobile Economy, data generation has exponentially increased. Such statistics further indicate the need for mobile-optimized marketing and automation-supporting software. According to GSMA, in 2022, 68% of the global population was reported to have had a mobile subscription. This figure is expected to reach 73% by 2030.
- Compared to other industries, open email rates for media and entertainment are the highest globally, according to TrackMaven. With customer insights from social media analytics tools, media and entertainment companies can use segmented marketing data (based on demographics and interest) to direct specific content.
- For instance, India and Canada's entertainment and media sectors have positioned themselves on the verge of an intense growth phase, backed by digitization and improving advertising revenues, owing to the enormous consumer demand. The rising rate of investments by foreign media and entertainment majors in the region has developed the M&E infrastructure to a higher extent.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Region is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- The North American region includes the United States and Canada. The region is home to a number of prominent vendors in the market, including Adobe, HubSpot, Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce Pardot, and others, which increases competition on crucial aspects such as new prices offered, target group, and features offered.
- The adoption of marketing automation software has been increasing in the region as there has been a shift to digital omnichannel marketing compared to traditional marketing. According to the CMO Survey by American Marketing Association and Duke University (n=356), in January 2021, B2B product marketers in the United States suggested that their spending on traditional advertising was expected to decline by 0.61% in the following year, while the digital marketing spending was projected to increase by 14.32%
- The growing adoption of SaaS cloud services, increasing demand for data integration services, and expanding 5G network coverage are some of the significant factors that the market studied is estimated to have a massive scope in the region.
- The use of analytics for repetitive tasks such as email marketing and marketing technologies such as marketing automation software that helps efficient use and analysis of data collected during bulk email campaigns has become imperative for marketers. Vendors such as SharpSpring offers email tracking and analytics features with their marketing automation platform. Personalization services are also becoming a vital driver for the market as they offer a high probability of return on investment. According to Instapage, a provider of personalized landing pages, 88% of US marketers reported seeing measurable improvements due to personalization.
- Thus, the market for North America is growing at a rapid pace owing to the adoption of digital marketing channels, government initiatives, and vendor-related investments.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Marketing Automation Software Industry Overview
The marketing automation software market has several products available with a number of companies in the market, making it highly fragmented. Hence, innovation in the market is crucial, as consumers opt for products with the latest features. The capital expenditure is also high, which has helped companies with powerful competitive strategies to move forward rapidly.
- March 2023 - Keap, one of the leading companies in sales and marketing automation software for small businesses, announced that it had acquired The Factory. A former Keap partner, The Factory assists small business owners with building powerful marketing strategies and implementing sales and marketing automation.
- January 2023 - Yodelpop, a women-owned digital agency serving associations and nonprofits, launched RaiserSync and YourMemberSync, two easy-install integrations for HubSpot Marketing Hub. These newly launched integrations allow associations and nonprofits to connect the YourMembership association management system or Raiser's Edge NXT donor management system to HubSpot's marketing automation software to create efficient and engaging marketing campaigns and communications.
Marketing Automation Software Market Leaders
Adobe Systems Incorporated (Marketo Inc.)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Marketing Automation Software Market News
- December 2022 - GetResponse, a marketing automation and email marketing software provider, has announced the acquisition of Recostream, a provider of AI/ML-based personalized recommendations. Businesses using GetResponse may display personalized product and content recommendations to visitors to their website and increase conversions by integrating AI product recommendations powered by the Recostream technology.
- September 2022 - As a part of its unified channel management platform, ZINFI Technologies, a provider of through-channel marketing automation and partner relationship management solutions, has introduced a number of affiliate marketing management (AMM) solutions. Through a worldwide dispersed affiliate network, businesses will be able to market their brands and generate referrals and lead for their products and services thanks to the recently introduced AMM capabilities.
- February 2022 - Hubspot Inc. announced that it entered an agreement to acquire The Hustle, a media company is dealing in newsletters, podcasts, and premium research content development. The acquisition aimed to expand the scope of marketers with valuable content based on various topics and a diverse set of media.
Marketing Automation Software Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Ongoing Shift Toward Digital-based Campaigns
4.2.2 Organizations Realizing the Benefits of Data-backed Decision Process
4.2.3 Sustained Increase in Adoption of SMAC-based Technologies
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Legacy-related Implementation Challenges
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.5 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
4.6 Impact of COVID-19 on the Marketing Automation Software Market
4.6.1 Short-term Impact
188.8.131.52 Changes in B2B marketing budgets and their overall impact on martech budget allocations
4.6.2 Long-term Impact
184.108.40.206 Migration to Digital Mediums and Need for Personalized Campaigns to Gather Traction
220.127.116.11 Growth in Collation Of Data Has Increased the Need for Contextualization
18.104.22.168 Large-scale Organizations Which Account for a Sizeable Share Remain Relatively Unaffected
22.214.171.124 Vendors such as HubSpot Have Successfully Created a Supporting Ecosystem Which Has Helped Them Onboard SMEs
4.7 Impact of Higher Adoption of Digital Transformation Practices and Ongoing Move towards an Integrated CRM Space
4.8 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.8.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.8.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.8.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.8.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 Organization Size
5.3.1 Campaign Management
5.3.2 Lead Management
5.3.3 Sales Enablement Programs
5.3.4 Analytics & Reporting Solutions
5.3.5 Other Applications
5.4 End-user Vertical
5.4.1 Entertainment & Media
5.4.2 Financial Services
5.4.7 Other End-user Verticals
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 Latin America
5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Hubspot, Inc.
6.1.2 Adobe Systems Incorporated
6.1.3 Oracle (Eloqua)
6.1.4 Acoustic, L.P.
6.1.5 Marketo Inc. (Adobe)
6.1.6 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.7 Salesforce (Pardot)
6.1.8 Salesfusion Inc. (Sugar CRM)
6.1.9 SAS SE
6.1.10 Teradata Corporation
6.1.11 SAP SE
6.1.12 Act-On Software
6.1.14 Active Campaign
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. Strategic Recommendations from MI
7.1 Analysis of Key Initiatives Undertaken by Vendors in the Post-COVID World
7.2 Major Takeaways from the Strategic Initiatives Implemented by Major Vendors such as Hubspot
7.3 Analysis of Conservative, Realistic, and Optimistic Scenarios on the Recovery of the Market Demand�
7.4 Analyst Insights on the MAS Market Landscape
8. Vendor Positioning Analysis
9. Market outlook
Marketing Automation Software Market Research FAQs
How big is the Marketing Automation Software Market?
The Marketing Automation Software Market size is expected to reach USD 5.75 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 18.58% to reach USD 13.48 billion by 2028.
What is the current Marketing Automation Software Market size?
In 2023, the Marketing Automation Software Market size is expected to reach USD 5.75 billion.
Who are the key players in Marketing Automation Software Market?
Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce.com Inc., Adobe Systems Incorporated (Marketo Inc.) and SAP S.E. are the major companies operating in the Marketing Automation Software Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Marketing Automation Software Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Marketing Automation Software Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Marketing Automation Software Market.
ing Automation Software Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 ing Automation Software market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. ing Automation Software analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.