Advanced Airport Technologies Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 4.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Advanced Airport Technologies Market Analysis
The advanced airport technologies market is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 outbreak preceded one of the major challenges to the sustainability of the air travel industry at the worldwide level. Despite the decrease in revenues of airport operators due to the impact of the pandemic, the authorities continued to invent advanced airport technologies. With passenger traffic projected to witness a gradual recovery, airport operators were expected to increase their investments in airport technologies in the coming years.
- Airports are now recognizing the need to move toward more efficient and less intrusive security to help them reduce the high cost of security implementation and to provide a hassle-free experience to travelers.
- The rise in the number of passengers has caused problems for the airports in dealing with the arising passenger problems. Service disruptions, long check-in lines, and baggage issues are the three main areas of passenger discomfort. To tackle these challenges and improve the experience of the customer, airports worldwide have adopted newer technologies, such as self-check-in kiosks and face recognition systems, that are helping the airports revolutionize the check-in process.
- The privatization of airports has helped the market, as airport operators are providing world-class facilities and systems to gain a competitive advantage over others.
Advanced Airport Technologies Market Trends
The Digital Signage Systems Segment to Grow with the Highest CAGR During the Forecast Period
- Currently, the passenger, baggage, and cargo handling control systems segment have the highest market share of all the segments, as they are now used widely in terminal operations and airline departure control, like passenger check-in, customs, baggage handling, screening, etc. But the growth of the airport digital signage systems segment is anticipated to be more during the forecast period.
- As the airports and airlines modernize and adopt solutions to make the airports more automated, digital displays are now being adopted on a large scale in every sphere of the airport. Digital signage and touch-enabled kiosks are installed to help ease and enrich the passenger journey, boost passenger satisfaction, and ensure safety at airports.
- Advancements in the integration of smartphones with Bluetooth-enabled beacon technology are helping the development of digital signs, which can deliver highly relevant information to passengers passing by, alert them regarding the whereabouts of shops and restaurants, and simplify the airline lounge admission for members. Thus, the high adoption of these technologies is driving the growth of the segment.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Market to Grow Rapidly in the Future
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest demand during the forecast period. The growth of the demand for the market is due to the ongoing investment plans of the civil aviation authorities to construct new airports and the increasing threat of terrorist activities at the airports in the region. With the recovering passenger traffic at the airports in the region, countries like China and India are increasing their investments in constructing new airports, expanding existing airports, and modernization of aviation infrastructure in the region.
- Currently, more than USD 200 billion in airport infrastructure projects are ongoing in the Asia-Pacific region. China, India, South Korea, the Philippines, and Vietnam are major countries undertaking such projects. In addition to investments in constructing new airports, airport operators are partnering with companies to introduce innovative security systems.
- On this note, in October 2021, Kansai Airports deployed Secom Robot X2 at Terminal 2 of Kansai International Airport and the airport's railway station. The new robots can autonomously navigate patrol routes that feature a 360° camera, a stereo camera, a PTZ camera, sensing functions laser sensor, an internal temperature and battery temperature sensor bumper sensor, an ultrasonic sensor, and a PSD sensor. Such investments are anticipated to generate demand for new advanced airport technologies for airports and new facilities during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Advanced Airport Technologies Industry Overview
Hitachi Ltd, Honeywell International Inc., Smiths Detection Group Ltd., Leidos Holdings Inc, and Thales Group are some of the prominent players in the market currently. The market is fragmented, with many players providing airport infrastructure at different levels. With technologies like IoT and other cloud-based applications continually improving, there is a lot of scope for the development of new technologies and systems in the market. Players must make sure that their products are continually evolving to match the trends in the industry. This may help them gain a stronger foothold in the market by attracting new customers.
Advanced Airport Technologies Market Leaders
Honeywell International Inc.
Smiths Detection Group Ltd.
Leidos Holdings Inc
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Advanced Airport Technologies Market News
- February 2022: Perth Airport unveiled its commitment to invest USD 93 million (AUD 13 million) in upgrading the checked baggage screening system across all terminals. The airport's initiative is in response to the federal government's mandate to strengthen Australia's domestic and international aviation security through modernizing security screening equipment.
- December 2021: Westminster Group secured a contract to provide and install advanced screening and surveillance equipment at two Southeast African airports. The contract entails the installation of cutting-edge CCTV surveillance systems, state-of-the-art x-ray screening and metal detection equipment, and advanced control and command centers at both airports, bolstering their security measures.
Advanced Airport Technologies Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Airport Communications
5.1.2 Airport Management Software
5.1.3 Car Parking Systems
5.1.4 Passenger, Baggage, and Cargo Handling Control Systems
5.1.5 Airport Digital Signage Systems
5.1.6 Landing Aids, Guidance, and Lighting
5.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share**
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 Hitachi Ltd
6.2.2 Honeywell International Inc.
6.2.3 Johnson Controls International PLC
6.2.4 NEC Corp
6.2.5 Smiths Detection Group Ltd
6.2.6 Leidos Holdings Inc
6.2.7 Analogic Corporation
6.2.8 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.2.9 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
6.2.10 Matrix LLC
6.2.11 Thales Group
6.2.12 Rapiscan System Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Advanced Airport Technologies Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Advanced Airport Technologies Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Advanced Airport Technologies Market?
The Advanced Airport Technologies Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
What is Advanced Airport Technologies Market size in 2018?
The Advanced Airport Technologies Market is valued at 1 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Advanced Airport Technologies Market size in 2028?
The Advanced Airport Technologies Market is valued at 2 Billion USD in 2028.
Which region has highest growth rate in Advanced Airport Technologies Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Advanced Airport Technologies Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Advanced Airport Technologies Market?
Hitachi Ltd, Honeywell International Inc., Smiths Detection Group Ltd., Leidos Holdings Inc, Thales Group are the major companies operating in Advanced Airport Technologies Market.
Advanced Airport Technologies Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Advanced Airport Technologies market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Advanced Airport Technologies analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.