Germany Facility Management Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
|> 3.50 %
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Germany Facility Management Market Analysis
The Germany Facility Management Market is expected to register a CAGR above 3.58% from 2022 to 2027. The growth in German facility management services is attributed to the increasing demand for customized in-house and outsourced facility management solutions. Moreover, the rising number of commercial and residential buildings in major cities pushes the demand for facility management services across the country.
- The growing investments in commercial properties are expected to increase the region's demand for facility management services. It is quite evident with the recent developments happening in the country. For instance, in August 2021, Google is opening a new Google Cloud region in Berlin-Brandenburg, with investment plans in renewable energy. The company plans to further invest in Germany's transition to a digital and sustainable economy. The company plans to invest approximately EUR 1 billion in digital infrastructure and clean energy by 2030.
- Additionally, rapid infrastructure development and the rising focus on integrated facility management services are anticipated to positively influence the German facility management market over the coming years.
- Further, the facility manager's role is growing more notable and changing from operational to strategic. This COVID-19 pandemic is an opportunity for the facility manager to consolidate the new office environment and the demands of employees in terms of working from home in the corporate culture. Though, more compliance is anticipated, also concerning suppliers. The focus will be more on quality and results and smaller on a fixed schedule.
Germany Facility Management Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Germany Facility Management Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand for Customized Solutions
- Despite the tremendous income potential of outsourced FM, services are becoming more commoditized across Europe, and organic growth is difficult to come by. Service integration and advanced advisory services focusing on productivity, user experience, and sustainability will become the norm in the business. According to CBRE Group, technology is fueling interest in managed workspace and co-working, with 60% of occupiers believing serviced offices will play a part in managing their accommodation needs in the next three years.
- Co-working will entail numerous organizations, businesses, and individuals sharing space, similar to managed workspace, where a third party provides space and facilities. As it has been labeled, the co-working revolution reflects a growing demand among professionals and creatives for autonomy, a lack of hierarchy, flexibility, and community.
- The growth in German facility management services is attributed to the increasing demand for customized in-house and outsourced facility management solutions. Moreover, the rising number of commercial and residential buildings in major cities pushes the demand for facility management services across the country. Rapid infrastructure development and the rising focus on integrated facility management services are anticipated to positively influence the studied market.
- Further, in July 2021- Intel announced to invest of USD 20 billion to begin constructing eight chip plant facilities in Belgium, Germany, France, and the Netherlands in early 2021. Such developments are driving more opportunities for vendors to have security services for facility management. Overall, with increased expansion of manufacturing facilities in the region is expected to drive the demand for facility management.
Growing Investments in Commercial Properties
- According to Savills, a real estate company, approximately EUR 22.9 billion was invested in German commercial property during the first half of 2021. With EUR 13 billion, the investment volume in Q2 was the second-highest of any quarter since the country's outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic but remained around 17% below the five-year average quarterly volume before the pandemic.
- Thus, the growing investments in commercial properties are expected to increase the region's demand for facility management services. It is quite evident with the recent developments happening in the region. For instance, in August 2021, Google is opening a new Google Cloud region in Berlin-Brandenburg with investment plans in renewable energy. The company plans to further invest in Germany's transition to a digital and sustainable economy. The company plans to invest approximately EUR 1 billion in digital infrastructure and clean energy by 2030.
- Modern offices with long-term tenants remain highly sought-after by investors despite all the discussions surrounding hybrid working. The growing business acumen among industry leaders and diversification of the economy from automobile industries to other avenues is expected to increase the demand for facility management services in the country.
- Moreover, in October 2021, SPIE, an independent multi-technical services provider in energy and communications, renewed its partnership with Siemens Energy for the coming three years. The multi-technical service provider will be responsible for the technical facility management of 385,000 square meters of office and production space occupied by Siemens Energy.
Germany Facility Management Industry Overview
The Germany Facility Management Market is moderately competitive with diverse firms of different sizes. This market is anticipated to encounter several partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as organizations continue to invest strategically in offsetting the present slowdowns they are experiencing. The clients in this region are employing FM services to increase the ease of their business operations. The market comprises key solutions and service providers, such as Strabag SE, Bilfinger SE, Dussmann Group, Wisag Facility Service Holding GmbH, and Compass Group PLC.
- February 2022 - Bilfinger signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Rock Tech Lithium on the construction of the German facility. According to the MoU, Bilfinger would be overtaking engineering, procurement, and construction management services.
Germany Facility Management Market Leaders
Compass Group PLC
Wisag Facility Service Holding GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Germany Facility Management Market News
- April 2022 - Facility management and technical building services company Koberl Group completed the acquisition of Wiesbaden-based air conditioning and refrigeration contractor Kriotec. The acquisition would enable the company to expand its products and services portfolio. Further, with the acquisition of Kriotec Kalte- und Klimatechnik GmbH and Kriotec Gewerbekälte GmbH, the company could directly offer its customers refrigeration, cooling, and air conditioning technology along with strengthening its presence in the Frankfurt/Rhein-Main region.
- April 2021 - VertiGIS, a leading geographic information systems (GIS) solution provider and software developer, acquired the longstanding development partner KMS Computer GmbH, a leading computer-aided facility management (CAFM) software specialist based in Dresden, Germany.
Germany Facility Management Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Trend Toward Commoditization of Facility Management
5.1.2 Growing Investments in Commercial Properties
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Ongoing Changes in Macro-environment
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Facility Management
6.1.1 Inhouse Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
184.108.40.206 Single FM
220.127.116.11 Bundled FM
18.104.22.168 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offering Type
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End-User
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Strabag SE
7.1.2 Bilfinger SE
7.1.3 Dussmann Group
7.1.4 Compass Group PLC
7.1.5 Wisag Facility Service Holding GmbH
7.1.6 Vinci SA
7.1.7 Spie Group
7.1.9 Cushman & Wakefield PLC
7.1.10 ISS Facilities Services Inc.
7.1.11 Sodexo Inc.
7.1.12 Apleona GmbH
7.1.13 Kotter GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.14 Koberl Group
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Germany Facility Management Market Research FAQs
What is the current Germany Facility Management Market size?
The Germany Facility Management Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 3.5% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Germany Facility Management Market?
Bilfinger SE, Dussmann Group, Compass Group PLC, Strabag SE and Wisag Facility Service Holding GmbH are the major companies operating in the Germany Facility Management Market.
What years does this Germany Facility Management Market cover?
The report covers the Germany Facility Management Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Germany Facility Management Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Germany Facility Management Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Germany Facility Management market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Germany Facility Management analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.