|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Commercial Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Motorcycles|
The France Automotive Engine Oils Market is at 193.29 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 1.99% to reach 213.25 million liters in 2026. In 2020, COVID-19 resulted in a significant drop in passenger car and truck sales in the country, owing to the reduced travel needs of the population. Another major challenge faced by the market segment has been the low incentives for the dealers to move cars. Comparatively, the effect of the lockdown on commercial vehicle sales is lower than on passenger vehicles.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : The high average engine oil volume requirement of commercial vehicles, in turn, contributed to the highest engine oil consumption in the French commercial vehicles sector.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Motorcycles : In France, the expected recovery in the production and sales of motorcycles since 2021 is likely to boost their engine oil consumption during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Commercial Vehicles
- After steady growth during 2015-2017, France's automotive engine oil consumption has been consistently decreasing since 2018. Due to the country's strict emission standards, the declining diesel-based passenger fleet has been the major factor dictating this trend.
- In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak resulted in a major decline in the usage of the existing vehicle fleet of the country, in turn causing 17.61% decline in engine oil consumption compared to 2019.
- Despite the expected recovery in sales and production of passenger vehicles, an increase in the penetration of electric vehicles is likely to have a negative impact on engine oil consumption. Additionally, the persisting COVID-19 crisis is expected to hinder the growth of engine oil consumption in the country for a brief period. Hence, engine oil consumption is anticipated to record a CAGR of 1.99% during 2021-2026.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The France Automotive Engine Oils Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 80.15%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), ExxonMobil Corporation, Motul, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerships with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- May 2021: Shell introduced a two-piece, modern stainless steel container for its lubricant products to test France's Loop reusable shopping platform.
- April 2021: Texaco Lubricants introduced three new engine oils within the successful Texaco Havoline ProDS range, each with manufacturer approvals. The oils have been designed to provide enhanced wear protection even with a lubricant layer of 2 microns.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Grade
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2 CHEVRON CORPORATION
5.3.3 Eni SpA
5.3.4 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.7 LIQUI MOLY
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, FRANCE, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, FRANCE, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, FRANCE, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, FRANCE, 2015 - 2026
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
FRANCE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms