|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Hydraulic Fluids|
The France Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is at 162.38 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 1.85% to reach 177.95 million liters in 2026. The impact of the social restrictions implemented to curb COVID-19 was less severe on commercial vehicles in comparison to passenger vehicles, as freight transportation was considered an essential activity and exempted from travel restrictions in many regions of the country.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and low drain intervals. It is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Hydraulic Fluids : In France, the expected recovery in the production and sales of commercial vehicles since 2021 is likely to boost their grease consumption during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- After gradual growth during 2015-2017, the consumption of lubricants for commercial vehicles in France has been reducing since 2018 due to the continuously declining average annual mileage of commercial vehicles.
- Post the COVID-19 outbreak, freight transportation in the country has been negatively affected due to the social restrictions imposed due to the pandemic during the first half of 2020. As a result, lubricant consumption in commercial vehicles in the country decreased by 14.12% due to delayed maintenance requirements.
- The recovering commercial vehicle sales in the country are likely to boost lubricant consumption in the coming years. However, the expected growth in the penetration of electric vehicles is anticipated to reduce engine oil consumption. Thus, commercial vehicle lubricant consumption is expected to increase, recording a CAGR of 1.85% during 2021-2026.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The France Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 78.20%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), CHEVRON CORPORATION, ExxonMobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- January 2022: Effective April 1, ExxonMobil Corporation was organized along three business lines – ExxonMobil Upstream Company, ExxonMobil Product Solutions and ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions.
- March 2021: Castrol announced the launch of Castrol ON (a Castrol e-fluid range that includes e-gear oils, e-coolants, and e-greases) to its product portfolio. This range is specially designed for electric vehicles.
- March 2021: Hyundai Motor Company and Royal Dutch Shell PLC announced a five-year global business cooperation agreement, with a new focus on clean energy and carbon reduction, to help Hyundai continue its transformation as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 CHEVRON CORPORATION
5.3.4 Eni SpA
5.3.5 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, FRANCE, 2015 - 2026
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
FRANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Commercial Vehicles are considered under the commercial vehicle lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission & gear oils, hydraulic fluids and greases are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service/maintenance refill is considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for commercial vehicles, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced commercial vehicles are considered under the study.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms