With more than 11% of the European Union’s (EU) GDP contribution, retail and wholesale services are key for the EU’s economy. The 6 million companies present in the region provide around 33 million jobs and in the last few years, the sector has seen a lot of changes. Due to larger vertical integration, the retailers have enjoyed more efficient distribution and logistics with international retailers who have been keen to expand their presence in Europe. However, they are more cautious and selective in doing so. Cities like London, Paris, Moscow, Milan and Madrid flock lot of tourists and are high on the list of luxury brands. This enables the retail automation market to grow at a steady pace to help the retail industry in the region.
Automation will be playing a major part in the growth of the retail industry, since, as they grow they push retailers to invest in automation products and services as it helps them to cut down costs and boost efficiency. These solutions also enhance the customer experience as well as the efficiency of retail store employees. There are various automated products available in the retail automation market like a barcode reader, currency counter, bill printer, cash register, kiosks, which are enhancing the retailing process.
Europe retail automation market report talks about the key factors that contribute to the growth of the market, discussing the technology overview and the trends, providing the recent developments and the products available in the market. To discuss this, the market has been segmented based on the types of category, that is, either the one with partial or manual intervention or the one that is completely automated, like that of unattended terminals, along with which it is also segmented based on products like barcode reader market, weighing scale market, currency counter market, bill printer market, cash register market, card reader market, kiosks market, self-checkout systems market among others.
It also provides country-specific forecasts of the market, giving a detailed insight into the market’s performance. Some of the major vendors manufacturing retail automation solutions like Siemens, Fujitsu, Casio, Motorola, Honeywell, Toshiba, Seiko Epson, NCR Corporation, First Data Corporation and Wincor Nixdorf have been studied and their strategies analyzed.
Factors driving this market are:
- Increasing retail stores
- Cost pressures and business process optimization
- Growth in retail industry worldwide
Factors restraining this market are:
- Constant watch required over kiosks
- Self-service systems cause are inconvenient to some customers
What the report offers
- Market definition for Europe retail automation market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for Europe retail automation market, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe retail automation market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Europe Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Product Type
6.1 Point-of-Sale Systems Requiring Manual Intervention
6.2 Unattended Terminals
7. Europe Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Products
7.1 Barcode reader
7.2 Weighing scale
7.3 Currency Counter
7.4 Bill Printer
7.5 Cash Register
7.6 Card Reader
7.8 Self-Checkout Systems
8. Europe Retail Automation Market Segmentation by Industry Vertical
8.2 Oil & Gas
8.3 Transportation & Logistics
8.4 Health & Personal Care
9. Europe Retail Automation Market by Country
9.1 United Kingdom
10. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
10.1 Fujitsu Ltd.
10.2 Casio Computer Co. Ltd.
10.3 Motorola Inc.
10.4 Toshiba Corporation
10.5 Wincor Nixdorf
10.6 Seiko Epson Corporation
10.7 Honeywell International Inc.
10.8 First Data Corporation
10.9 The NCR Corporation
10.10 Datalogic S.P.A
11. Investment Analysis – Mergers & Acquisitions, Investment Outlook
12. Future of Europe Retail Automation Market