The Europe organophosphate pesticide market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period 2017-2022.
Organophosphates were initially developed as highly toxic biological warfare agents in 1940s, and have become one of the most widely used pesticides around the globe. They work by blocking the enzyme acetylcholinesterase causing nervous and respiratory damage, resulting in the death of insects/pests.
Factors like growing food demand and the need for higher agricultural productivity coupled with high performance and availability of organophosphates against insects and pests have led to a continuous market growth for the industry. Product development and sustainable farming options are identified opportunities for the industry’s future growth. However, the toxicity of chemicals towards the environment and stringent regulations from FDA leads to regulatory issues in the region. High research and development costs and a girth of alternative options may act as obstacles to market growth.
By active ingredients, the market is classified into parathion, malathion, chloropyriphos, diazinon, dimethoate, glyphosate, methamidophos and other organophosphates. For various crops, diverse pesticides are used as they are classified into herbicide, insecticides, fungicides and other pesticides. The market is also segmented by their usage in crops like cereals and grains, oilseeds, fruits, and vegetables etc. Non-crop utilization of organophosphates in turfs, ornamentals etc. is also studied. Cereals and grains consumed the highest market in the use of insecticide products. This can be attributed to food safety and a wide variety of uses of cereals and grains.
The European market demand for organophosphate pesticides is led by countries like Germany, UK, France and Spain etc. Due to strong government control over the harmful effects of chemicals on humans and environment, the market in Europe would grow at a rather static pace.
Key Industry Players
The European organophosphate pesticides market attracts a lot of investments from agricultural inputs companies. All major companies are investing profoundly in new product development to keep up with competition and gain market share. Acquisitions, joint ventures, and investments are seen as short-term strategies for market growth.
The major companies in the European organophosphates pesticides market are:
- Bayer CropScience AG
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Europe organophosphate pesticides market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on European and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on the Europe and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Europe organophosphate pesticides market on both Europe and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.1 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Growing Food Demand
184.108.40.206 High Efficiency and Low Cost
220.127.116.11 Food Productivity Issue and Shrinking Farmland
18.104.22.168 Regulatory and Environmental Constraints
22.214.171.124 Research and Development Costs Burgeoning
126.96.36.199 Availability of Eco-friendly Alternatives
188.8.131.52 Product and Technological Innovation
184.108.40.206 Sustainable and Integrated Pest Management Techniques
4.1.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
18.104.22.168 Bargaining Power of Buyers
22.214.171.124 Threat of New Entrants
126.96.36.199 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
188.8.131.52 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Active Ingredients
5.1.8 Other Organophophates
5.2 By Type
5.3 By Application
184.108.40.206 Cereals & Grains
220.127.116.11 Fruits & Vegetables
18.104.22.168 Turf & Ornamental Grass
5.4 By Geography
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Cheminova AS
7.4 Bayer CropScience AG
7.5 BASF SE
7.6 Dow AgroSciences
7.7 Sociedad Química Y Minera S.A.
7.9 Arysta Lifescience