Europe Marketing Automation Software Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Marketing Automation Software Market Analysis
The Europe marketing automation software market is expected to register a CAGR of 14.2% during the forecast period.
- Marketing automation is software that exists intending to automate marketing actions. To increase the alignment between marketing and sales, it is a platform where dealers may handle a variety of marketing communications. Dealers can generate qualified leads and drive multi-touch marketing communications through platforms like HubSpot, Eloqua, and Marketo.
- Most European B2B marketers using automated marketing platforms stated they must use them to their full potential. The vendors are focusing on a couple of their software platform offerings with marketing services to provide customized services, strengthening the Marketing as a Service (MaaS) concept among the region's business circles. The growing marketplace and the increasing number of marketing channels are also boosting companies to explore new markets by increasing their businesses' reach, which drives the growth in marketing and pushes companies to deploy automation to streamline the process.
- The growing adoption of digital marketing, SaaS cloud services, increasing demand for data integration services, and expanding 5G network coverage are some of the significant factors that the market studied is estimated to have a massive scope in the region. The market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period due to increased marketing investment by most regional end-user verticals and an ever-growing social media penetration making the region a lucrative hub for the studied market.
- New marketing automation technologies have emerged to help B2C marketers manage customer engagement. B2B marketers manage leads, and marketers of both types manage other marketing processes, such as campaigns and digital asset management (DAM). Many new marketing automation projects were standalone implementations with little integration into back-office systems. A recent survey by the Royal Mail Market Reach of 200 CMOs in the United Kingdom's Marketing Directors and Heads of Marketing of companies having more than 250 employees revealed that 80% had already installed a marketing automation solution.
- The rise in demand to integrate marketing efforts that include building awareness, customer communication, content scheduling, social media management, lead nurturing, positioning, supporting, and customer evaluation drives the need for Marketing Automation solutions. Automation aims to increase efficiency while optimizing the organization's resources, time, and cost. The advent of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) has further propelled the growth of predictive personalization, which is expected to be the most prolific advantage of utilizing marketing automation over the forecast period.
- The need for more skilled professionals to instruct consumers on how to make the most of analytics solutions and use them for helpful information and insights in the region due to the introduction of automation solutions could restrain the market growth. However, considering the need for digital transformation, there is a demand for software development services in Europe, as every company needs a software service. Outsourcing the service creates a demand for Automation software services and could overcome the restraining factor.
- The COVID-19 outbreak negatively impacted the market. However, there was a slight decrease in demand for Automation software services. During the pandemic, many marketing companies adopted a play-it-safe approach by reducing their marketing expenses so that the impact was less on their businesses, and they had to wait for the economic scenario to improve. According to a Hubspot survey, many enterprises reduced their marketing budgets by between 1% and 25%. Additionally, many physical stores were forced to close during the pandemic and switch to online sales and marketing, which boosted e-commerce and increased the need for Marketing Automation Software services. This trend continues to grow post-pandemic owing to the increasing demand for online services and smartphone penetration.
Europe Marketing Automation Software Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Marketing Automation Software Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Demand for Digital Marketing is Driving the Market Growth
- Marketing managers are strategically spending on marketing automation solutions and tools to adopt the latest digital marketing trends to keep businesses updated with the recent technological disruptions. From social media marketing to SEO or content marketing, marketing managers make significant investments to support and boost their sales.
- With social media marketing, a high priority for entertainment and marketing vendors to maintain automated fan-base engagement, the need for software that can manage multiple social media platforms simultaneously is also driving the demand for the market. According to Sortlist, digital strategy and online advertising (19.3%), social edia (14.5%), website creation and e-commerce (13.9%), and traditional advertising (13.3%) are the most invested areas of marketing in the Europe region last year.
- For instance, 7Mind offers daily live meditation across all social media channels, helping users meditate together. It is also engaging with its community on the active Facebook group, where it gets a lot of requests from users asking for advice. The CRM campaigns run by the brand about different tips on releasing stress and how to deal with the situation saw an overwhelmingly positive response from users.
- 7Mind ensures that the content assets, i.e., the copy and creatives, are focusing on stress reduction without concentrating on the COVID-19 situation, which the users are tired of hearing about. It noticed that CPI/CPS dropped considerably, making user acquisition cheaper, depending on channels.
- Moreover, email marketing is anticipated to gain significant recognition. According to Royal Mail Market Reach, 49% more consumers in the United Kingdom are willing to receive a piece of mail than they do an email. The latest Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) study shows that over 12 months, 38% of consumers bought or ordered products or services after receiving mail. This is anticipated to drive demand for marketing automation in email marketing in the region.
- The marketing email open rates in Europe are better than in North America. According to GetResponse Benchmarking, the region has an average open rate of 21.75% compared to 18.13% in North America. Also, the click-through rate is 2.64% compared to 2.41% in North America. The open email rates suggest that email marketing is one of the main channels in the region.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Italy Holds Significant Market Share
- The growing significance of marketing in generating sales and customer retention, coupled with increased automation in various industries, is increasing the need for automated marketing services. Adopting Industry 4.0 would enable companies to understand their customers' needs better, improve their manufacturing capabilities locally, and develop new ways to integrate their customers and preferences.
- Email marketing is the most used tool by companies to engage existing clients or to acquire potential customers in Italy. With companies going digital, the dependence on email marketing has grown drastically. The combined receiving rate of B2B and B2C emails is 98.5% among Italian companies. According to a survey conducted by AKQA, a digital agency specializing in creating digital services and products, multinational companies in the country spent, on average, USD 120 thousand on ongoing campaigns and USD 61 thousand on one-shot initiatives and influencer marketing last year. At the same time, small- and medium-sized companies spent an average of USD 61000 for ongoing campaigns and EUR 30000 (USDE 32000) for single marketing actions.
- The e-commerce sector is expected to boost retail sales in the country significantly. Enterprises in the country are already running with recommendation engines that use artificial language (AI) and machine language (ML) to create hyper-personalized customer experiences. Trading Economics said retail sales rose by 1.3% in October this year compared to the previous year. Such an increase in the e-commerce and retail sector drives the need for marketing automation software in the country.
- The growth of predictive personalization is paving the way to the future, resulting in more personalized content suggestions through mass customization strategies for specific strata of clientele. Furthermore, automated social media marketing enables social media managers to schedule posts in advance, allowing teams to reschedule evergreen content to attract new readers and a platform for understanding social media analytics, like mentions and replies.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe ing Automation Software Industry Overview
The Europe marketing automation software market is competitive due to various domestic and international players. Players in the market adopt multiple strategic initiatives such as collaboration, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions to grow and compete. Many organizations believe in upgrading their current portfolio to attract their customers. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
In December 2022, Really Simple Systems, a cloud CRM vendor, launched its new workflow automation feature, which allows users to create workflows in the CRM, remove repetitive tasks, allowing businesses to streamline processes and improve productivity.
In June 2022, Campaigner launched its new office in Newcastle, UK, and created a huge opportunity for UK businesses to take advantage of SMS marketing, customer-journey automation, conversion tracking, and reputation defender tools and benefit from the support of local teams.
Europe Marketing Automation Software Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Marketing Automation Software Market News
- December 2022: LocaliQ, the digital marketing solutions company, launched a new scheduling management software for small businesses. This software enables small businesses to set up customized scheduling links by setting hours of availability, configuring types of appointments, and even integrating with Google calendar. Additionally, it offers a variety of marketing automation, channel campaign management, customer relationship management (CRM), insight tools, and customized services to support companies and make their resources connect with clients through the most effective channels.
- November 2022: CitiusTech London, a leader in healthcare technology and consulting services, acquired Wilco Source, a salesforce consulting and implementation services provider for healthcare and life sciences companies, and developed multiple accelerators and solutions for marketing automation called Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This acquisition could deepen CitiusTech's healthcare domain expertise, build complementary technology capabilities, expand into new geographies, and strengthen relationships with key clients.
Europe Marketing Automation Software Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Demand for Digital Marketing
5.1.2 Rising Demand to Integrate Marketing Efforts
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Skilled Professionals Across the Industry
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Campaign Management
6.2.2 E-mail Marketing
6.2.3 In-bound Marketing
6.2.4 Mobile Marketing
6.2.5 Social Media Marketing
6.2.6 Other Applications
6.3 By End-User Verticals
6.3.1 Entertainment and Media
6.3.2 Financial Services
6.3.7 Other End-User Verticals
6.4 By Country
6.4.1 United Kingdom
6.4.5 Rest of Europe
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Salesforce Inc.
7.1.2 Oracle Corporation
7.1.3 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.4 Hubspot Inc.
7.1.5 Marketo Inc.
7.1.6 Salesfusion Inc.
7.1.7 SAS Institute
7.1.8 Act-on Software Inc.
7.1.9 Dotmailer Ltd
7.1.11 Adobe Systems Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Europe Marketing Automation Software Market Research FAQs
What is the current Europe Marketing Automation Software Market size?
The Europe Marketing Automation Software Market is projected to register a CAGR of 14.2% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Europe Marketing Automation Software Market?
Adobe Systems, Salesforce Inc., Oracle Corporation, Microsoft Corporation and Hubspot Inc. are the major companies operating in the Europe Marketing Automation Software Market.
Europe ing Automation Software Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe ing Automation Software market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe ing Automation Software analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.