Europe Functional Beverage Market Insights
The Europe functional beverage market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.42%, during the forecast period.
Functional drinks offer numerous health benefits such as hydration, the maintenance of body fluid level and good health. Herbal drinks form a part of functional beverage segment and is gaining popularity with each passing day. Even tea and tea based products have become some of the most important beverages being sold around the world.
Europe Functional Beverage Market Dynamics
One of the reasons why people are being attracted towards functional drinks is the branding of the functionality. Energy drinks consumers want less sugar content, but expect a lab-engineered, high performance beverage that delivers on its core functional claim.
In Europe, herbal and tea brands have been moving their product offerings towards functionality, emphasizing on the potential health benefits of tea. Following the trend, manufacturers have been developing fortified teas, with added nutrients.
Europe Functional Beverage Market Segmentation
On the basis of application, functional foods can be divided into 3 broad categories, Vitamin drinks (For positive impact on overall physical condition and well-being), isotonic drinks (designed for people who are physically active) and energy drinks (Intended for people who want to raise their physical or concentration level)
In Europe, the beverage market is dominated by sports and energy drinks, while the remainder consists of fortified and functional products. Sports Market is the most established market in the region.
Some part of the market share is captured by vitamin and mineral drinks and herbal drinks.
Europe Functional Beverage Market Regional Analysis
Germany is one of the few countries who have a considerable market for ACE drinks (Products containing vitamins A, C and E). More than 100 German manufacturers’ offers such products in various flavors like Orange, carrot and Lemon, with a juice content of 30%.
Europe functional beverage market is highly fragmented with a wide variety of product launches.
Europe Functional Beverage Market Key Development
March 2017 – Lifeway Foods expanded their product line by introducing new Elixir sparkling probiotic beverages
Europe Functional Beverage Market Competitive landscape
Major Players - Aventure AB, Raisio, General Mills, Nestle, PepsiCo, Arla Brands and Lifeway Foods among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Europe Functional Beverage Market Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimates sheet in excel.
Customization of the Europe Functional Beverage Market Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Study
2. Europe Functional Beverage Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Europe Functional Beverage Market Dynamics
4. Europe Functional Beverage Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Energy Drinks
4.1.2 Fortified Juice
4.1.3 Sports Drinks
4.1.4 Dairy and Dairy Alternative Drinks
4.2 By Sales Channel
4.2.3 Health Stores
4.2.4 Convenience Stores
4.2.5 Online Retailing
5. Functional Beverage Market Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2018-2023)
5.1 Europe Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.1 Germany Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.2 United Kingdom Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.3 France Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.4 Spain Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.5 Russia Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.6 Italy Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.5 Rest of Europe Functional Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. Europe Functional Beverage Market Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Aventure AB
7.2 Raisio plc
7.3 General Mills
7.4 Nestle Group
7.5 PepsiCo Inc.
7.6 Arla Brands
7.7 Clover Industries
7.8 Probi AB
7.9 Fonterra Co-operative Group
7.10 Lifeway Foods