|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Europe Excavator and Loaders Market was valued at USD 15.34 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 23.32 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 6.98% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026).
The outbreak of covid-19 pandemic hindered the growth of excavator and loaders market in the region owing to continuous lockdowns and travel restrictions imposed by government. The lockdown has resulted in various infrastructure project sites staring at closure as it is mainly due to an effect on the labor movement due to the lockdown and due to supply chain disruptions market anticipated to face challenges.
However, market expected to witness steady and consistent growth during forecast period as economic activities resumed across region. Growing infrastructure projects and expenditure by government and private players to enhance the demand in market. Moreover, rising technological and product innovations likely to contribute for overall development of market.
Indeed, growing environmental regulations and rental market to offer challenges for market players in the region. Germany and United Kingdom anticipated to witness optimistic growth during the forecast period owing to government intiatives and rising adoption of environmentally sustainable products in the market.
Scope of the Report
Excavator consisting of a boom, dipper (or stick), bucket and cab on a rotating platform known as the "house". The house sits atop an undercarriage with tracks or wheels. Loaders, on the other hand, are more often fitted with a bucket that faces away from the operator. The Scope of the report covers latest technologies and trends in the market.
The Europe Excavator and Loaders market report offers segmentation based on Machinery Type, Drive type and Geography. By Machinery type, the market is segmented into Excavator and Loaders, and by Drive Type, the market is segmented into Hydraulic, Electric, and Hybrid.
By Country, the market is segmented into Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy and Rest of Europe. For each segment, market sizing and forecast have been done on basis of value (USD billion).
|By Machinery Type|
|By Drive Type|
|Rest of Europe|
Key Market Trends
Technological Advancements and Product Innovations to Drive Demand in the Market
Digitalization and technological advancements have become an indispensable part of the construction industry. Various market participants have already adopted much advancement and others are following the trend. For instance,
- In October 2020, Bobcat, a loaders company, announced developments in their compact loaders range for Europe and Middle East & Africa (EMEA), which offer more choice of features for the Bobcat compact track skid-steer, and all-wheel steer loader ranges.
The evolving demand by the government to move towards greener vehicles, excavators, and loaders manufacturers are turning their conventional vehicles to electric and hybrid to adopt the changes. Most automakers are introducing new electric excavators and loaders models. For instance,
- In January 2019, Volvo Construction Equipment unveiled two zero-emissions machines – the ECR25 excavator and L25 wheel loader – from its new range of electric compact machines.
Companies have been focusing on developing new models of excavators and loaders with enhanced performance characteristics and environment-friendly features to gain momentum in the market studied. This is likely to attract customers during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany Anticipated to Hold Significant Market Share
Germany expected to witness fastest growth and likely to hold significant market share during the forecast period. The country is early adaptor of latest technology and the construction companies in the country are investing heavily in procuring latest equipment to reduce the carbon footprints. For instance,
- In April 2021, it was reported that the federal government in the country was increasing its expenditure in rail and road infrastructure. This increased spending on transportation infrastructure provides EUR 270 billion (USD 324 billion) in funding to improve roads, rail, and waterway, over the next 10 to 15 years.
Factors influencing the growth in the market are increasing public infrastructure spending and extremely low-interest rates. Companies are launching new products and are entering to colloborations for strengthening their position in market.For instance,
- In 2019, Case Construction Equipment has announced their first European sale of its Stage V excavator rangeCX90D which has a Yanmar Stage V engine. Along with that, it has a maximum reach of 7,560mm and a maximum digging depth of 4,670mm, maximum travel speed of 5.1km/h and an operating mass of 8,630kg.
With the aforementioned trends and developments, market likely to have optimistic growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Europe Excavator and Loaders market is moderately consolidated due to the presence of global players holding significant shares in market. These companies are focusing on product innovations and partnerships to gain competitive edge in the market over other players. For instance,
- In April 2020, Komatsu Europe announces the launch of its latest model WB97R-8 a backhoe loader. The WB97R-8 is equipped with two-wheel steering, powershift transmission. It has an operating weight of 8.145 kg, and an improved EU Stage IV Komatsu engine with 75 kW power, with lower fuel consumption.
- In February 2021, Volvo Construction Equipment unveiled the EX03, the company’s first electric prototype in the mid-size excavator range. The 14-ton EX03 is equipped with a battery pack from Volvo Trucks, lower noise levels, and reduced total cost of ownership compared to its conventional counterparts.
Some of the prominent companies in the market are Caterpillar Inc., Liebherr-International, Komatsu Ltd, Volvo amongst others. Moreover, several players are launching a dedicated product for the European market to get more shares in the local market. For instance,
- In April 2021, Liebherr introduced two new electric crawler excavators R 976-E and R 980 SME-E, which will be developed and produced by Liebherr-France SAS in Colmar.
- In March 2021, Liebherr launched its R 96600 hydraulic mining excavator with new standards in open pit mining. The machine comes equipped with assistance systems and semi-automated functions, indicating Liebherr’s interest toward autonomy.
- In April 2021, Manitou Group announced an investment of EUR 80 million for the expansion of production sites in Ancencis, Cande, and Lailie in France, in line with the company’s plans to move toward electrification of its entire product portfolio.
- In June 2021, Komatsu and Honda announced joint development of Micro Electric excavators, powered by Honda’s Mobile Power Pack batteries, and the new establishment of battery sharing system for the civil and construction equipment industry.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Challenges
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Machinery Type
5.2 By Drive Type
5.3 By Country
5.3.2 United Kingdom
5.3.5 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Caterpillar Inc.
6.2.2 CNH Industrial N.V.
6.2.3 Kobelco Construction Machinery Co., Ltd
6.2.4 Deere & Company
6.2.5 Liebherr-International Deutschland GmbH
6.2.6 Hitachi Construction Machinery Co Ltd
6.2.7 Komatsu Ltd
6.2.8 Manitou BF, SA
6.2.9 Doosan Infracore Co Ltd
6.2.10 Yanmar Construction Equipment Co Ltd
6.2.11 Volvo Construction Equipment
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Excavator and Loaders Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Europe Excavator and Loaders Market?
The Europe Excavator and Loaders Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.98% over the next 5 years.
What is Europe Excavator and Loaders Market size in 2018?
The Europe Excavator and Loaders Market is valued at 15 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Europe Excavator and Loaders Market size in 2026?
The Europe Excavator and Loaders Market is valued at 23 Billion USD in 2026.
Who are the key players in Europe Excavator and Loaders Market?
Caterpillar Inc., Komastu Ltd, Liebherr International , Kubota Corporation, Volvo Construction equipment are the major companies operating in Europe Excavator and Loaders Market.