Europe Digital Signal Processor Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Digital Signal Processor Market Analysis
Europe digital signal processor market is valued at USD 863.55 million in the current year. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period to become USD 1180.89 million by the next five years.
Europe's digital signal processor market is anticipated to grow significantly due to the excessive usage of digital signal processor chips in consumer electronics. Several consumer electronics, such as mobile phones, have become a major requirement and have observed a considerable user surge.
Smartphones are popular among customers in the mobile phone industry. In 2021, 474 million people (86% of the population) in Europe subscribed to mobile services, and this figure is expected to rise to 480 million by 2025. Mobile devices are the most common users of digital signal processors, and their continued growth is expected to increase the market size for digital signal processors during the forecast period.
Furthermore, increased data traffic and technologies such as Internet Protocol (IP) cameras for video surveillance are expected to drive up European product demand. Furthermore, because of its cost advantages, digital signal processing has emerged as the dominant technology for developing high-performance communication systems.
However, due to challenging real-time constraints, performance has always been the most critical parameter for comparing digital signal processor quality over the last two decades. Power consumption and cost have become critical parameters when selecting a digital signal processor due to the rapid migration of digital signal processors from military applications to low-cost applications in portable devices such as laptops, smartphones, and CD players.
Furthermore, COVID-19's impact on the digital signal processor has been moderate. Furthermore, the pandemic altered perceptions of the current global supply chain in manufacturing, potentially leading to more localized value chains and further regionalization in the near future to minimize similar risks.
Europe Digital Signal Processor Market Trends
Growing Applications in Automotive Industry
Digital signal processors find widespread usage in the automotive sector for manufacturing vehicle surveillance equipment and vehicle parts. Location-based service vendors use these processors for remote diagnostic, alignment, and intelligent transportation systems to fine-tune engine performance, track vehicles, and control traffic flow.
Digital signal processors are often used in in-cabin infotainment and control systems, which have demanding signal-processing performance needs. These processors involve specialized features such as high memory bandwidth, fast multiply-accumulate hardware, and instructions that combine multiple operations.
Further, an increase in the requirement for safety boosts the usage of digital signal processor-controlled braking, collision avoidance systems, and airbags in vehicles. Thus, contributing to the growth of the market.
For instance, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders stats, Automotive-related manufacturing contributes EUR 67 billion in turnovers, and EUR 14 billion value added to the United Kingdom economy and typically invests around EUR 3 billion each year in R&D.
Several heavy-duty truck manufacturers in Europe have been investing in integrating novel technology to meet the zero-emission objective from 2025 onwards to avoid paying high penalties for non-compliance with EU norms. The European Union has established carbon-neutrality goals and criteria for heavy-duty vehicles. These include a 15% decrease beginning in 2025 and increasing to 30% by 2030, with zero emissions by 2050.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
High usage of digital signal processor chips in consumer electronics will boost market
- The demand for these digital signal processors is increasing. The growing popularity of high-definition video has increased the pixel rate that video processors must handle, both at the set-top and on mobile devices. Similarly, high-definition audio with surround sound has increased the precision and performance demands on digital signal processors used in audio processing.
- Moreover, with the introduction of features such as image stabilization and automatic face detection, even relatively simple systems such as digital cameras are expanding their requirements. For instance, according to Ericsson, 5G subscriptions in Western Europe are expected to reach 433 million by 2027. In 2022, there were 68.6 million 5G subscriptions in Western Europe.
- Furthermore, the proliferation of these digital signal processors is being facilitated by Internet convergence. Television set-top boxes, Internet Protocol (IP) telephones, cameras, gaming systems, and media players are combining in various ways, exchanging data and connecting to the Internet as a whole. As standalone consumer devices evolve, their core digital signal processing functions will require enhancement to handle wireless communications and the new media they must now manage.
- Additionally, an accelerator coprocessor is common in applications with relatively stable, well-bounded digital signal processor functionality requirements. In a DVD player, the microcontroller that handles the user interface and system control can be assisted by coprocessors that handle demanding functions such as video and audio decoding. These engines are typically digital signal processor-based, but they are designed to meet specific application requirements through a combination of integrated peripherals.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Digital Signal Processor Industry Overview
Europe Digital Signal Processor Market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players such as Texas Instruments Inc., Intel Corporation, Analog Devices Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors NV, etc. In terms of market share, few major players currently dominate the market. Many companies, however, are expanding their market presence by securing new contracts and entering new markets through innovations and technological advancements. The following are some recent market developments:
September 2022: SiFive announced the release of three RISC-V automobile processors. Car component makers such as Renesas and Siemens will employ the new E6-A, S7-A, and X280-A RISC-V-based processors to drive safety-critical computing applications, sensor arrays, AI-assisted driving systems, and I.C. parts utilized by HUDs or electrification routes.
February 2022: NXP Semiconductors introduced the S32G GoldVIP to assist with the real-time and application programming problems of software-defined cars that use S32G vehicle networking processors. This innovative vehicle connection platform provides several value offerings for S32G processor assessment, software development, and quick prototyping operations.
June 2022: NXP Semiconductors N.V. unveiled two new processor types that add secure, high-performance real-time computing to NXP's revolutionary S32 automotive platform. The S32Z and S32E processor families assist the automotive sector in accelerating the incorporation of various real-time systems for domains and zonal control, safety processing, and automobile electrification, which are crucial to the next generations of safer and more economical automobiles. The S32Z processors are suitable for safety processing, domains, zonal control, and smart actuation, whereas the S32E processors are perfect for electric vehicle (xEV) management and smart actuation.
Europe Digital Signal Processor Market Leaders
Texas Instruments Inc.
Analog Devices Inc.
NXP Semiconductors NV
Infineon Technologies AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Digital Signal Processor Market News
- February 2022: STMicroelectronics launched Intelligent Sensor Processing Unit (ISPU), which combines a DSP suitable for running AI algorithms and MEMS sensors on the same silicon. Besides reducing the size of system-in-package devices and power consumption by up to 80%, merging sensors and AI poses electronic decision-making in the application Edge.
- January 2022: Infineon Technologies AG introduced a new AURIX TC4x family of 28 nm microcontrollers (MCUs) for next-generation eMobility, ADAS, automotive E/E architectures, and affordable AI applications. The new AURIX TC4x family features the next-generation TriCore 1.8 and scalable performance improvements from the AURIX accelerator suite. This comprises the novel parallel processing unit (PPU), a SIMD vector digital signal processor that addresses several AI topologies' demands.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power Of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat Of Substitute
4.2.5 Intensity Of Competition Rivarly
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID- on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1.1 Significant developments in wireless infrastructure
5.1.2 Growing demand for VoIP and IP video
5.1.3 Rise in adoption of connected devices
5.2.1 High complexity and initial development costs
5.2.2 Trade-off between performance, power consumption, and price
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Core
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.3 Consumer Electronics
6.2.5 Aerospace & Defense
6.3 By Country
6.3.1 United Kingdom
6.3.4 Rest of the Europe
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Texas Instruments Inc
7.1.2 Intel Corporation
7.1.3 Analog Devices Inc
7.1.4 Infineon Technologies AG
7.1.5 NXP Semiconductors NV
7.1.6 Renesas Electronics Corp
7.1.7 Xilinx Inc
7.1.8 Broadcom Inc
7.1.9 Toshiba Corp
7.1.10 Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
7.1.11 STMicroelectronics NV
7.1.12 Cirrus Logic Inc
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current Europe Digital Signal Processor Market size?
The Europe Digital Signal Processor Market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Europe Digital Signal Processor Market?
Intel Corporation, Texas Instruments Inc., Analog Devices Inc., NXP Semiconductors NV and Infineon Technologies AG are the major companies operating in the Europe Digital Signal Processor Market.
Europe Digital Signal Processor Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Digital Signal Processor market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Digital Signal Processor analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.