There has been a change in the aseptic packaging market in Europe for a few years. This has been the case because more retail companies have opened many more product lines. Due to larger vertical integration, the retailers have enjoyed more efficient distribution and logistics. In the year 2012, the retail and the wholesale services represented 11% of EUs GDP. There are more than 6 million companies active in this sector.
The Europe aseptic packaging market is expected to grow from USD 7.21 billion in 2016 to USD 11.18 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 9.17%. Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom are set to be the biggest markets in terms of revenue.
Logistics is a very key component of the aseptic packaging market because of the reduced shelf life of the food products. The connectivity in Europe, intra country and inter country, is very good. This helps aseptic packaging because of the fast delivery of products even with a very less perishable time. Due to this factor the aseptic packaging market is growing at a good pace in this region.
There is an increase in demand for longer shelf life products from consumers and retail outlets as well as guarantee that these products will not be soiled if transported to long distance. Furthermore, environmental concerns and laws force manufacturers to use those packaging solutions which can meet these demands. Aseptic packaging helps in addressing these concerns while maintaining the required established quality standards.
Aseptic packaging is the technology in which sterilized product is sealed under unsterilized atmosphere. There are basically two types of applications of aseptic packaging technology: packaging of pre-sterilized and sterile products and packaging of non-sterile products. Aseptic packaging products can range from bags and pouches to metal cans.
The major challenges in this region are the consequences of the financial crisis on the consumer’s purchasing power, rising prices of the commodities and the aging problem of the European population. Although the financial crisis hit the European Union pretty badly but with the help of the ECB and other financial institutions the economy is looking to come out of the economic slump.
Some the major vendors in aseptic packaging are Amcor, Bemis, Krones, Bosch, CFT and DuPont. Some other companies with innovative products mentioned in the report are Evergreen Packaging, Lamican, Wild Flavours GmbH and Graham Packaging Company.
Demand for longer product shelf life, expansion of large multinational companies to emerging markets and new innovative packaging technologies are the major drivers for the high growth of the aseptic packaging market.
Concern about the environmental effects of aseptic packages; increased government regulations regarding the recycling of these materials. Further, rising raw materials cost will be a major challenge for the market growth over the coming years.
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different aseptic packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends of type of aseptic packaging technology and by applications.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of aseptic packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who is this report useful for?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wishes to know more about this market.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Demand for Longer Product Shelf Life
4.2.2 Improved Technologies in Packaging and Processing of Aseptic Products
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns over Environment and Recycling
4.3.2 Increasing Cost of Raw Materials
4.4 Opportunities in the MEA Aseptic packaging market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among the existing Competitors
5. Technology Overview
6. Europe Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Materials
7. Europe Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Type
7.1 Carton Boxes
7.2 Bags and Pouches
7.3 Cups and Trays
7.4 Bottles and Jars
7.5 Metal Cans
7.6 Plastic Cans
7.7 Composite Cans
8. Europe Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by End-User Industry
8.3 Pharmaceutical & Medical
9. Europe Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Countries
9.1 United Kingdom
10. Key Vendors – Company Profiles (List Populated Globally)
10.2 Bemis Company
10.3 Krones, Inc.
10.5 CFT S.P.A.
10.6 Coesia S.P.A.
10.7 DS Smith Plc
10.8 Aseptic Solutions USA
10.9 Schott AG
10.10 Goglio S.P.A.
10.12 Tetra Laval
10.13 Greatview Aseptic Packaging
10.14 Reynolds Group Holdings
10.15 Ecolean Packaging
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the Europe Aseptic Packaging Market