Europe Access Control Hardware Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Access Control Hardware Market Analysis
Europe Access Control Hardware Market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.89% during the forecasted period. From protecting the perimeter to securing high-value assets, access control systems are a fundamental responsibility for organizational security departments. A study commissioned by HID Global of security directors, managers, and consultants indicated that companies are investing in more advanced access control technology. While the pace may be slow, there is a trend of organizations employing more secure and easier to deploy and use technology.
- Most modern Access Control Systems use some combination of servers and workstations. The servers store all system configurations and historical data, manage communications throughout the system, and serve the workstations with real-time data and reports. Servers also control system decisions or functions across multiple Access Control Panels.
- Biometrics have existed since the start of access control technology for decades, limited by high cost, accuracy issues, privacy concerns, and other issues. But with prices dropping and quality improving, it has become a viable access control technology.
- Access control is an instrument in which a mechanism allows or disallows the privilege to obtain information or complete a task to improve security by enabling an individual to adjust database security protocols while controlling user access. These systems work by storing a person's identity using biometrics or an access card. They confirm this to grant access to a certain sector of the company. It protects personal data from being compromised by preventing unauthorized viruses and hackers from misusing personal information.
- Many firms are using access control gear to regulate workplace personnel due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The requirement to check persons entering a property for their temperature using biometrics and vein recognition technology aids in identifying people who may contaminate with illnesses and viruses due to social distancing standards and the fear of viral propagation. Furthermore, because workplaces are excellent areas for viruses like COVID-19 to proliferate, coronavirus office rules have shifted significantly. As a result, during the COVID-19 outbreak, the need for access control increased dramatically.
Europe Access Control Hardware Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Access Control Hardware Market according to our research experts:
Biometric readers expected to have the highest growth rate in future
- One of the most quickly growing perimeter security options is Biometrics. Biometrics provides for the identification of a person's physical characteristics to provide controlled physical access to infrastructure. Government institutions, manufacturing enterprises, power plants, military establishments, and businesses rapidly use this technology. Furthermore, speech and facial recognition are biometrics technologies that are non-contact, non-intrusive, and simple. Individuals are spending more money on biometric readers because of the contactless method of identifying and authenticating.
- Furthermore, as online transactions become more prevalent, organizations must have an authentication system that allows for secure and efficient access to information. Furthermore, single-factor authentication systems require the user to confirm his identity by matching only one factor. By 2027, these factors will likely propel the biometric reader market forward.
- The increased integration of biometric systems with IoT devices, as well as the expanding use of smartphones around the world, are likely to boost the expansion of the biometrics reader market (Access Control Hardware Market).
- In February 2022 - Vsblty, a security and retail analytics company announced a new relationship with Farleigh Consultants, a UK-based Profile Security Group division, to sell security solutions in the UK and EU. Farleigh professes to be dedicated to public safety and the ethical collection, use, and storage of personal information. Vsblty's technology will be offered as a GDPR-compliant solution.
- In March 2021 - NEXT Biometrics struck a five-year cooperation agreement with a global biometric market leader. The agreement involves FAP20 sensors, a promising business sector for NEXT. The NEXT high-profile FAP20 sensor is the focus of the 5-year international agreement. Several market projects are already in the works as part of this collaboration. NEXT fingerprint sensors will be integrated into biometric fingerprint readers and other fingerprint-enabled devices, according to the partnership. NEXT's new customer is a global market leader in multiple markets. It is the ideal partner for establishing NEXT Active Thermal technology as the preferred choice in the big area sensor industry.
Commercial Application to drive the Market
- Organizing the company means ensuring the necessary safety, controlling processes optimally, and offering the highest possible level of convenience. The well-organized and controlled access to company sites, offices, and facilities provides security and enhances trust in staff, customers, and suppliers.
- According to employee fraud stats, two-thirds of all US-based small businesses fall victim to employee theft (National Federation of Independent Business). According to employee fraud case stats, 59% of ex-employees admitted to stealing the company's sensitive information when leaving previous jobs (American Bar Association).
- Currently, numerous companies offer access control services in the security field, which different businesses can choose to install. Other access control systems come with various identification protocols, like smart card identification, biometric identification, mobile access identification, and proximity identification.
- While smart office technology is growing in popularity, access control systems can be a key piece of this technology, and security will likely prioritize making access control system decisions. Traditionally, access control has been a hardware sales-driven business model. However, updates need to be manually programmed, and IT staff is required for operation, resulting in adopting a subscription-based access control model for businesses.
- With the advancement in wireless technology, wireless hardware components are enhanced to cater to the growing demand for physical security, such as wireless locks and wireless controllers, across the access control systems, thereby minimizing the usage of physical cables and conduits. Also, the growing adoption of cloud technology services reduces the requirement for servers and software, further reducing the time and cost of installing physical devices in the long run and facilitating secure remote access.
Europe Access Control Hardware Industry Overview
The access control industry is highly fragmented, with a few worldwide competitors and local players in several countries. The companies are involved in various strategies such as mergers and acquisitions and product innovations. 3M Cogent, Inc., Hanwha Techwin Co., Ltd., Honeywell Security Group, and others are key competitors in the industry.
- May 2022 - Brivo, a leading provider of cloud-based access control and smart building technologies, recently announced a partnership with Doyle Security Systems Inc., the largest family-owned provider of residential and commercial security, fire, and medical monitoring systems in New York State and northwest Pennsylvania, announced a partnership with Doyle Security Systems Inc. Doyle will expand its product offering to include Brivo Access, Brivo's hallmark cloud-based access control product, and will provide cloud-based access control to its customers as a result of the relationship.
- June 2021 - Brivo Snapshot, high-accuracy video analytics and forensic tool that uses machine learning to deliver advanced facial and person detection using a fusion of access control and video data streams was launched by Brivo, the global leader in cloud-based access control and smart building technologies.
Europe Access Control Hardware Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Access Control Hardware Market News
- January 2022 - Access Control Technologies has been acquired by Access Control Systems ("ACS") ("ACT"). ACT has almost a century of combined expertise and experience in the automated gate sector. Mike Knarreborg and his partners sold ACT to ACT.
- July 2021 - Allegion plc, a prominent worldwide security products and solutions supplier has purchased some assets of Astrum Benelux B.V. (Belgium) and privately held WorkforceIT B.V. through its subsidiaries (the Netherlands).
Europe Access Control Hardware Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Adoption of Access Control Systems Owing to Rising Crime Rates and Threats
5.1.2 Technological Advancements
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Operational and ROI Concerns
5.3 Market Opportunities
6. TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT
6.1 Evolution of Access Control Solutions
6.2 Comparative Analysis of RFID and NFC Technology
6.3 Key Technological Trends
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Type
7.1.1 Card Reader and Access Control Devices
184.108.40.206 Smart Card (Contact and Contactless)
7.1.2 Biometric Readers
7.1.3 Electronic Locks
7.2 By End-user Vertical
7.2.5 Transport and Logistics
7.2.7 Military and Defense
7.2.8 Other End-user Verticals
7.3 By Country
7.3.1 United Kingdom
7.3.6 Rest of Europe
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Hanwha Techwin Co. Ltd
8.2 Thales Group (Gemalto NV)
8.3 Bosch Security System Inc.
8.4 Honeywell International Inc.
8.5 Tyco Fire and Security (Johnson Controls)
8.6 Allegion PLC
8.7 Assa Abloy AB Group
8.8 Schneider Electric SE
8.9 Panasonic Corporation
8.10 Identiv Inc.
8.11 Nedap NV
8.12 Dormakaba Holding AG
8.13 NEC Corporation
8.14 Idemia Group
8.15 Axis Communications Aba
8.16 Open Path Security Inc.
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Europe Access Control Hardware Market Research FAQs
What is the current Europe Access Control Hardware Market size?
The Europe Access Control Hardware Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.89% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Europe Access Control Hardware Market?
Thales, Bosch, Honeywell, Schneider Electric and Panasonic are the major companies operating in the Europe Access Control Hardware Market.
What years does this Europe Access Control Hardware Market cover?
The report covers the Europe Access Control Hardware Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Europe Access Control Hardware Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Europe Access Control Hardware Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Europe Access Control Hardware market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Access Control Hardware analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.