Enterprise Performance Management Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Enterprise Performance Management Market Analysis
The Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of about 7.57% over the forecast period. The increasing need to have a transparent business strategy, growing focus on core business, overall improvement in performance, and rising data-driven decision-making in the organization are driving the growth of the EPM market.
- The increase in the adoption of cloud-based EPM worldwide is gaining market traction. For instance, in July 2022, JTEKT reported a 25% reduction in budgeting time, reduced project delivery time, and improved forecast and assertiveness, as the company utilized Oracle Cloud EPM software and its related features in areas like business, finance, information technology, and human resources.
- Integrating Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Tools in enterprise performance management is one of the critical EPM market trends influencing growth. Including RPA in the enterprise’s performance management processes will enable employees to focus more on core operations. In December 2021, Oracle Corporation announced significant investments under its Intelligent Performance Management (IPM) initiative for integrating new-age technologies like robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, and machine learning into EPM offerings.
- The increasing regulatory requirements owing to the rising volume and sensitive nature of data being generated across industries are prompting the deployment of EPM software. Moreover, the companies are adapting to various merger and acquisition strategies to develop new products and expand their product portfolio to different data analytics features in EPM products.
- However, enterprises are still unaware of the tremendous benefits of EPM software. The companies are yet to leverage the real-time benefits, coupled with the new technologies, to analyze their business metrics in advance and streamline their decision-making processes with added transparency. The EPM software providers can market the products among clients by introducing more affordable packages for the services.
- COVID-19 is expected to have a positive impact on the market studied. Since the financial disruption for some of the businesses is unprecedented, companies are expected to deploy EPM software for impact analysis. With many companies, like TCS, already planning to restructure business processes, remote performance management modules are also likely to be added to the existing EPM Tools.
Enterprise Performance Management Industry Segments
Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) is a software solution that helps analyze, understand, and report business requirements. It is the process designed to help organizations plan, budget, forecast, report on business performance, and consolidate financial results driven by the need to minimize operational expenses.
EPM solutions are majorly used by CFOs and the office of finance, while other functional areas, such as HR, sales, marketing, and IT, use EPM for operational planning, budgeting, and reporting.
The reports cover the emerging trends in enterprise performance management segmented by deployment, size of the enterprise, and end-user vertical across different regions studied. The market is segmented by deployment (on-premise and cloud), size of the enterprise (small and medium enterprise, large enterprise), end-user industry (BFSI, telecommunication, healthcare), and geography.
|Size of Enterprise|
|Small and Medium|
|Other End -user Industries|
|Rest of World|
Enterprise Performance Management Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Enterprise Performance Management Market according to our research experts:
BFSI Sector is Expected to Account for Major Market Share
- Later the global financial crisis, the banks have become very conscious about the measure that helps them reduce risk on their balance sheet and are restructuring their cost bases leveraging economic prosperity and liquidity. However, many banks remain vulnerable to customers' financial circumstances, such as loan debts added with the commercialization of banks, giving rise to cut-throat competition.
- Thereby, companies in the BFSI sector are increasingly deploying EPM applications to streamline financial planning and budgeting processes. Industries such as the Swedish and Thai banking industries have started implementing progress management solutions into their core operations.
- Also, the introduction of cloud-based bespoke solutions has enabled the broader deployment of EPM solutions across the industry. For instance, according to the update issued by Oracle Corporation for SAP customers in July 2022, Oracle Exodata Database Machine consolidated SAP and non-SAP Databases into private Database Cloud form, handling the data almost ten times faster or more. This helps in the circulation and utilization of storing the data for further analytics in SAP and other Oracle tools for optimizing system performance.
- Similarly, Oracle offers SAP S/4HANA Finance, an ERP financial management, and accounting software solution that covers everything from business planning and analysis to treasury management and collaborative finance operations. The integration of the cloud helps access performance-related information remotely.
- Additionally, the global COVID-19 pandemic causing the disruption in business operations in the BFSI sector is expected to enable companies to deploy EPM software for business impact analysis. Moreover, with various companies working remotely, the EPM software provides much-needed support to maintain the business requirements. For instance, Oracle Hyperion EPM is evaluating the user environment and determining the needs to be tuned to optimize the experience of remote users.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest-Growing Market
- The market growth is expected to be driven by the development of the end-user segments. The retail and E-commerce vertical is expected to hold the largest market size in the region during the forecast period.
- As emerging countries such as India in the region with the growing regulatory controls, rapid and highly competitive business across the industries has increased the need for the guidance of business strategies added with the unprecedented and unrelenting pressure on finance professionals is driving the demand for EPM solutions.
- According to The Economic Times, in April 2022, Mesh, Inc, an Indian start-up providing Performance Management software, raised USD 11 million in funding led by RTL Group for plans to expand across the Asia Pacific and the United States. Similarly, in June 2021, the company raised USD 5.1 million as a part of its seed round. The company also reported its revenue to have grown 16 times since its foundation.
- Also, the growing 5G networks are expected to aid the remote deployment of such software in end-user segments like banking, leveraging the cloud iterations of the software and related tools utilizing the outcomes. According to gadgets360.com, in August 2022, the website reported that the Department of Telecom confirmed 13 Indian cities to get high-speed internet services the following month as it issued spectrum assignment letters to the bidders for radio wave channels.
- Besides, China's government has launched the 'Made in China 2025' initiative to improve the country's manufacturing competitiveness. The goal of upgrading the nation's manufacturing capacity is expected to lead to higher deployment of software like EPM to bolster informed growth and decision-making, leveraging other benefits for managing businesses effectively.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Enterprise Performance Management Market Competitor Analysis
The enterprise performance management market is moderately fragmented, with intense competition among the service providers. The vendors continually add new modules to their existing solutions to aid better performance management of customers. Strategic acquisitions and partnerships continue to shape the ecosystem, with companies opting for services customized as per the size and requirements of the organizations. Also, incorporation of the cloud and other latest technologies is seen for upgrading the
- August 2022 - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd selected Anaplan, Inc. to collect and analyze global data worldwide. Nissan aimed to streamline complex operations, making more informed and prompt business decisions by using Anaplan to collect and analyze global data across its businesses, enabling real-time performance management and faster business decisions for the future.
- July 2022 - Oracle Corporation released Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) 11.2.10, available for download on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. The new version included features like Java 8 Update 331, an updated Wallet creation section in the EPM Security guide, Oracle 21c database support, and other features.
Enterprise Performance Management Market Top Players
CA Technologies (Broadcom Inc.)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Enterprise Performance Management Market Recent Developments
- April 2022 - Oracle Corporation extended support for the Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management 11.2, including Oracle Applications Unlimited, through at least 2033. The Oracle Applications covered under the extension include Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Siebel CRM, Oracle E-Business Suite, and others.
- January 2022 - PT Metrodata Electronics Tbk (Metrodata) became a regional integration partner of Anaplan Insights Inc. to deliver cloud-based enterprise performance management to its clients in Indonesia. Metrodata is among the prominent technology distributors and resellers in Indonesia. This partnership would introduce Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform to enterprise and corporate clients looking for agility and real-time insights.
Enterprise Performance Management Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Need for Minimizing Operational Expenses
4.2.2 Proliferation of Data Driven Decision Making
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of Awareness and Knowledge Among Enterprises
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 Size of Enterprise
5.2.1 Small and Medium
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.5 Other End -user Industries
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Rest of World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 IBM Corporation
6.1.2 SAP SE
6.1.3 CA Technologies (Broadcom Inc.)
6.1.4 Oracle Corporation
6.1.5 Capgemini SE
6.1.6 Anaplan Inc. (Thoma Bravo)
6.1.7 Workiva Inc.
6.1.8 HCL Technologies Limited
6.1.9 Adaptive Insights Inc. (Workday Inc.)
6.1.10 Vena Solutions
6.1.11 Talentia Software
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Enterprise Performance Management Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Enterprise Performance Management Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Enterprise Performance Management Market?
The Enterprise Performance Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.57% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Enterprise Performance Management Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Enterprise Performance Management Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Enterprise Performance Management Market?
IBM Corporation, SAP SE, Oracle Corporation, CA Technologies (Broadcom Inc.), Capgemini SE are the major companies operating in Enterprise Performance Management Market.
Enterprise Performance Management Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Enterprise Performance Management sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Enterprise Performance Management research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Enterprise Performance Management report PDF.