Disinfectant Robot Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Disinfectant Robot Market Analysis
The disinfectant robot market is expected to register a CAGR of 24.6% over the forecast period. The rapid rise in healthcare and sanitation spending due to the COVID-19 Outbreak and high investments in the field of disinfectant robots has increased the demand for growth in the market.
- Recently, the need for disinfection robots increased in order to decrease HAIs without adding to personnel expenditures. Processes like hydrogen peroxide and ultraviolet disinfection are carried out by manual labor because disinfection robots are still relatively recent inventions in the healthcare market in many nations. The pharmaceutical sector has been utilizing UV-C in cleanroom settings for more than ten years.
- The industry is primarily observing a trend of mobile robots that can UV-sanitize spaces. The market under study will advance due to the rising need for service robots, particularly in the healthcare sector.
- Sanitizing and disinfectant have become an area of concern, especially in highly populated areas, including hospitals, restaurants, hotels, airports, and schools. Due to this, the market is witnessing more companies and institutions that shifted to automation for disinfecting applications, hence, investing in robots.
- The higher costs of disinfectant robots are associated with effective and robust hardware and efficient software. Automation equipment includes higher capital expenditure required to invest in automation technologies (an automated system can cost millions of dollars to design, fabricate, and install). And with increasing advancement and functionality, the cost also increases.
- The COVID -19 pandemic increased and highlighted the value of robotic and automated technology. In addition to assisting in overcoming the difficulties faced by the human workforce during the pandemic, these technologies substantially reduce the virus's impact.
Disinfectant Robot Industry Segmentation
Disinfectant robots generally leverage HPV, UV-C, or other disinfection technologies to destroy viruses and deactivate pathogens and bacteria from air or surfaces. The need for disinfection robots has evolved recently to reduce hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) without incurring additional labor costs. The disinfectant robot market is segmented by product type (UV-C and HPV) and geography. The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|HPV and Others|
|Rest of the World|
Disinfectant Robot Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Disinfectant Robot Market according to our research experts:
Technological Advancements to Enable Robots to Operate as a Value-added Entity (Collaborative) in the Disinfection Process
- Most of the first generation of automated disinfectant systems were complex machines that were neither too flexible nor limited in scope. Therefore, most of its customers were high-end hospitals that wanted performance enhancement. However, the robots' advancement with the advent of second-generation robots has added extra value to the disinfectant process.
- Furthermore, most of these robots work as collaborative robots with many safety features and disinfectant features. For instance, as UV-C light exposure should be avoided, many robots contain several safety features. For example, many robots come with a tablet on the patient room door that acts as a motion sensor, which automatically disengages the UV-C light if someone wants to enter the room.
- For instance, in April 2021, TMI Robotics, a Shanghai-based company, produced autonomous disinfection robots that can be pre-programmed. These robots use ultraviolet, ultra-dry vaporized hydrogen peroxide, and air filtration methods to disinfect surfaces. UV disinfection combined with air filtration will enable these robots to disinfect the surfaces and the air around them.
- Several robots now also come with various safety features, including an auto-shutdown function if a person goes in the room while it is on and door motion sensors to detect people trying to enter. Autonomous is another feature and software integration that further adds value to the overall disinfectant process.
- The third-generation disinfectant robots mainly leverage machine learning and IoT-enabled smart wireless connectivity and safety features. Standard features include touch screens, Integrated sensors, surveillance, automated reports, and IoT. Recently, UVD robots showcased their 3rd generation of autonomous mobile UV-C disinfection robot. The robot has the latest safety system that utilizes four safety layers, enabling the robot to move around in different environments. It has a distinct capability to sense, document, and show the users how well-disinfected an area is, enabling the user to easily and quickly adjust the process and optimize the quality if needed.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- The Asia Pacific is quickly becoming one of the significant regions driving disinfectant robot production and use. Leveraging the market under study is also made possible by the region's expanding market share in the global robot industry.
- Countries like Australia, South Korea, Japan, India, China, and Singapore are investing in the market studied across the value chain. South Korea, Japan, India, and China are global robot manufacturing hubs. Hong Kong, India, and Singapore are also emerging as robotic start-up hubs globally. Southeast Asia is emerging as a significant investment due to the upgrade of its healthcare facility and support of its economy.
- For instance, in February 2021, Reliance Industries' subsidiary Reliance Strategic Business Ventures Limited (RSBVL) purchased a further equity position in its investee firm skyTran Inc. for USD 26.76 million, bringing its shareholding to 54.46% on a fully diluted basis. SkyTran is a technological business based in the United States. It has created ground-breaking passive magnetic levitation and propulsion technology for personal transportation to alleviate traffic congestion globally.
- The china region is witnessing many local vendors and start-ups participating and investing in the global disinfectant robot market, helping the area create dominance in the market studied; for instance, Xenex Disinfectant Systems, a Chinese agritech company, recently released a fund of CNY 5 million (~USD 0.7 million) to initiate drone disinfection operations amidst the pandemic. The company leveraged its agricultural drones to disinfect the public spaces in the nation. Drones are an impactful robotic disinfectant solution since they can be operated in a contactless manner and can cover a broader area in less time.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Disinfectant Robot Industry Overview
The competitive rivalry among major players is high in the disinfectant robot market. By introducing new products, providing items with proprietary technology, and reaching agreements with end-users, the industry's vendors are increasing their overall market share.
- January 2022 - Blue Ocean Robotics announced the roll expansion of mobile robot solutions globally with an investment of DKK 335 million (USD 43.55 million) to meet the growing demand for service robots that can assist companies and institutions.
Disinfectant Robot Market Leaders
Blue Ocean Robotics
Xenex Disinfectant Systems
Finsen Technologies (Thor UV-C)
Skytron (Infection Prevention Technologies)
Tru-D SmartUVC LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Disinfectant Robot Market News
- January 2022 - Blue Ocean Robotics' portfolio of robots brand UVD Robots joined Ecolab's global infection prevention offerings. Through a programmatic approach to maintaining staff and facility hygiene, and has been added to its global portfolio of infection prevention solutions for healthcare customers, including hospitals, in-patient, and out-patient clinics, ambulatory surgical facilities, rehabilitation clinics, and other care facilities.
- January 2022 - Start-up with self-driving technology Seeds Capital, Enterprise Singapore's investment arm, Trive, and World Trading Innovation, a German-based industrial equipment company, has invested USD 5.7 million in Sesto Robotics (WTI).
Disinfectant Robot Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Stakeholder Analysis
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.5 Major Partnerships and Collaborations
4.6 Key Technical and Social Considerations in the Deployment of Disinfectant Robots
4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 High Incidence of Hospital-acquired Infections in Major Markets Worldwide
5.1.2 Technological Advancements Enable Robots to Operate as a Value-added Entity (Collaborative) in the Disinfection Process
5.1.3 Rapid Rise in Healthcare and Sanitation Spending due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
5.1.4 High Investments in the Field of Disinfectant Robots
5.2 Market Restraints
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Product Type
6.1.2 HPV and Others
6.2.1 North America
6.2.3 Asia Pacific
6.2.4 Rest of the World
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Blue Ocean Robotics
7.1.2 Xenex Disinfectant Systems
7.1.3 Finsen Technologies (Thor UV-C)
7.1.4 Skytron (Infection Prevention Technologies)
7.1.5 Tru-d Smartuvc
7.1.6 Akara Robotics Ltd
7.1.7 Mediland Enterprise Corporation
7.1.8 Tmirob Technology
7.1.9 OTSAW Digital Pte Ltd
7.1.10 Bioquell PLC (Ecolab Inc.)
7.1.11 Bridgeport Magnetics
7.1.12 Decon-X International
7.1.13 MTR Corporation (Joint venture)
7.1.14 Fetch Robotics Inc.
7.1.16 Ateago Technology
7.1.17 Time Medical Holding Robotics
7.1.18 AUDITE Robotics
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS AND MARKET OUTLOOK
Disinfectant Robot Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Disinfectant Robot Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Disinfectant Robot Market?
The Disinfectant Robot Market is growing at a CAGR of 24.6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Disinfectant Robot Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Disinfectant Robot Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Disinfectant Robot Market?
Blue Ocean Robotics , Xenex Disinfectant Systems, Finsen Technologies (Thor UV-C), Skytron (Infection Prevention Technologies), Tru-D SmartUVC LLC are the major companies operating in Disinfectant Robot Market.
Disinfectant Robot Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Disinfectant Robot market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Disinfectant Robot analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.