|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The digital signage media player is expected to register a CAGR of over 8.71% during the forecast period 2021-2026. The COVID-19 outbreak has affected the studied market, as the manufacturing facilities were closed in the initial phase and work from home trends also reflected the demand decrease. However, the scenario expanded the scope of marketing through digital signage across many industries, especially in hospitals and public places, which utilized the technology for displaying important information.
- Digital signage has played an important factor in influencing the purchase decision, and institutions, like government, healthcare, public transit, and retail stores, which have been heavily relying on it to better engage their targeted audiences to communicate their message.
- As digital signage enables content and messages to be displayed on an electronic screen or digital sign, the content can be changed without modification to the physical sign. This is aligned toward an aggressive growth over the next few years across various emerging economies. The adoption of digital signage is growing more popular and mainstream with technological improvements and a decrease in price.
- Progressing installations of signage solutions in bars, restaurants, and similar establishments to enhance the customer experience is expected to impel the digital signage media player market demand over the foreseen period. To substitute the conventional way of informing customers through menu cards, these devices are employed to power screens to display attention-grabbing advertisements and providing notable market opportunities to the industry. Furthermore, the penetration of such devices in the retail sector is ascending, following the rising need for brand visibility, servicing the digital signage media player market demand.
- Factors, like the introduction of displays with built-in media players by manufacturers, such as Samsung, LG, and NEC Display Solutions, are coupled with compatibility issues in old digital signage. The embedded displays have the potential to streamline the installation method and enhance the performance and safety of digital signage.
Scope of the Report
Digital signage players are physical devices that play content on screens. While they are not software themselves, they players work hand-in-hand with digital signage software and typically connect to digital signage content management systems (CMS). The studied market is segmented by component, such as hardware and software, amongst different product types, and applications.
Key Market Trends
Steady increase in DOOH spending
- The traditional out-of-home ad performance nevermore tried to compete directly with internet advertising. The Out of Home Advertising Association of America (OAAA) has updated its guidelines and recommends shifting to an impression-based measurement system. The goal is to provide forecast and “reconciled-as-delivered” daily impressions versus the customary method of relying on ad exposure.
- Also, out of home is forecasted to experience a significant uptick in 2021, primarily digital, as per OAAA. Furthermore, programmatics in out of home is growing over 100% Y-o-Y, despite being relatively small base of spending. The ability to transact and use more common digital ad sales methodologies for advertisers in out-of-home environments has become a huge opportunity for the industry.
- As per Dentsu's recent report, the recovery of auto and passenger traffic, OOH ad spend is expected to recover at 14.9% growth in 2021. Its 2021 forecast for Global Advertising Spend report analyzes data from 59 markets with results depicting global ad spend growth of 5.8% in 2021, amounting to USD 579 billion. Ad spends in Asia Pacific, suggests that it has become home to 60% of the world’s population, is expected to grow by 5.9%, with a share of digital forecast to increase 9.1% to a share of 57.5% of all spending.
- End users, through strategic partnerships, have been working closely to further the DOOH market. A gradual return to normality is expected as lockdowns have eased in 2021, the impact on media consumption behaviors is likely to continue. However, understanding permanent vs. temporary changes in consumer behavior is witnessed as a number one challenge facing many brands.
- The increasing adoption of specific programmatic buying of DOOH advertisement (software enabled to purchase with no human intervention) is expected to fuel the demand for the DOOH, over the forecast period, across the United States.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States to Account for Significant Share
- The United States is one of the largest markets for digital signage. The United States was the early adopter of digital signage in various applications, including retail stores, transportation systems, outdoor advertising, restaurants, museums, corporate buildings, and public places.
- The media player is the crucial component for digital signage, which is experiencing a rapid transformation in technology, network connectivity, and ease of use. For instance, in May 2021, BrightSignLLC, a US provider of digital signage media players, launched BrightSignMobile, a new solution to connect media players to the cloud where traditional network connectivity methods are challenging to achieve. For connectivity, this solution includes a USB regional modem with an installed SIM card.
- In addition to that, Sharp NEC Display's MediaPlayersoftware enables remote operation of digital signage setups in single displays and multiple screens. Users can run files media files from internal memory as well as external USB media. NEC MediaPlayerinterface enables users to select their preferred digital signage CMS partner and additional functions such as browser playback; timeline creation; video streaming over RTP, UDP, HTTP; content scheduling; and screen power scheduling for cost-saving.
- In the post-COVID-19 pandemic situation, digital signage solutions are seeing increased usage in the industry to manage their workforces. Digital signage, particularly health monitoring systems, represents many technologies introduced to incorporate diverse offerings, such as temperature detection, population monitoring identity verification, and more others. For instance, 22Miles' TempDefend is a digital signage communication and direction tool, which provides the building's first point of communication and management in the prevention of viral spread.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The digital signage media player market, globally, is characterized by intense competition among key market players and an increase in the number of new entrants. Market players are further focusing more and more on research and development to integrate advanced functions and capabilities into media players. Also, the digital signage media player market is highly fragmented in nature. A huge number of global and regional players are operating in the industry, holding a minimal share in the overall marketplace. Various sectors are heavily investing in these solutions, considering the benefits offered, such as enhanced customer engagement, increased footprint, and improved overall experience.
- March 2020 - Cayin Technology Co. Ltd launched its SMP-2300 fanless embedded digital signage player and Cayin Signage Assistant, an Android app for large scale display networks. The player supports 4K content, dual LAN ports and comes with a built-in firewall.
- May 2021 - BrightSign, LLC launched BrightSignMobile, a new solution for connecting media devices to the cloud in places where standard network connectivity is problematic.
- May 2021 - BroadSign International extended its partnership with Clear Channel Europe to transform the DOOH sales experience. The collaboration aligns with CCE’s strategic plans to optimize media selling and buying across its global network of inventory using technology from Broadsign, Microsoft, and Salesforce.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Trends Favoring the Growth of Context-aware Advertising and Enrich Customer Experience
4.2.2 Steady Increase in DOOH Spending
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Technical and Standardization Complexity
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.1 Entry Level
5.2.2 Advanced Level
5.2.3 Enterprise Level
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 3M Company
6.1.2 Advantech Co. Ltd
6.1.3 AOPEN Inc.
6.1.5 BrightSign LLC
6.1.7 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.9 Dell Inc.
6.1.11 HaiVision Inc.
6.1.12 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Digital Signage Media Player Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Digital Signage Media Player Market ?
The Digital Signage Media Player Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.71% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Digital Signage Media Player Market ?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Digital Signage Media Player Market ?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Digital Signage Media Player Market ?
3M Company , Advantech Co. Ltd , AOPEN Inc. , Barco, BrightSign LLC are the major companies operating in Digital Signage Media Player Market .