United States Digital Signage Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 7.87 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 11.50 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||7.88 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
United States Digital Signage Market Analysis
The United States Digital Signage Market size is expected to grow from USD 7.87 billion in 2023 to USD 11.50 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 7.88% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
A digital signage system delivers and displays content, such as digital images, video, streaming media, and information. The displayed content is filed, and the schedule information is edited in the content management system. The data is stored in the CMS and distributed to the media players.
- Digital signage is gaining popularity in the United States due to the recent technological advancement in the display, connectivity, and monitoring space. Furthermore, the increasing adoption has resulted in the prices of display panels coming down significantly.
- Digital outdoor signage is one part of the audio and visual market that has grown steadily over the last decade, and that growth is only accelerating. Digital outdoor signage is now being used in almost every industry, with applications in restaurants and hotels, retail places, transit facilities, and entertainment events. According to screen fluency 2021 statistics, because of the signage, 76% of American consumers enter stores they had never visited before. 68% of Americans have paid for a product or service because its signage drew their attention.
- Digital content is considerably more likely to be noticed and remembered by consumers than static print-based signs. There are several reasons at work here, but the primary one is that people are drawn to movement, color, and freshness.
- The rising need for enhanced customer experience has created a dramatic surge in digital integration initiatives rolling out on a chain-wide basis in various applications. Turnkey solutions are witnessing huge demand in the current market scenario to cater to this demand and organize and coordinate all elements of specialized digital signage.
- Control of consumer privacy is essential for digital signage applications, such as advertising, to maintain consumer trust, which, in turn, is crucial if the industry is to continue growing at its current explosive pace. Unless the industry adopts robust self-regulation, it will likely face consumer backlash and reactive government regulation that may stifle innovation.
- During the pandemic, companies developed products to make consumers aware of the preventive measures to reduce virus flow. For Example, Allsee created hand sanitizer Android advertising displays that combine an immediately updatable LCD panel with an automatic hand sanitizer dispenser.
United States Digital Signage Market Trends
OLED Displays to Grow Significantly
- OLED technology allows for cutting-edge new consumer display screens and noticeably increased image quality. It is usually praised as the future direction of digital displays and screens.
- Due to the heightened reality and dynamic form that OLED delivers, it is the only technology that gets around the drawbacks of traditional displays. OLED offers greater light and color expression based on light sources that generate light independently. Because of the creation of cutting-edge OLED materials, it is flexible and transparent.
- OLED displays perform remarkably well in contrast (basically delivering an "infinite" contrast ratio) since they don't have a backlight. OLED displays have an exact black backdrop, which LCDs do not have.
- OLED is increasingly being used in digital signage for indoor branding and experiential media because of its enhanced media presentation, energy efficiency, and lightweight.
- A brand-new display technology known as Quantum Dot OLED, or QD-OLED, was launched in the year of 2022. As a result of new TV models from Sony and Samsung, as well as computer monitors from Dell's Alienware line, QD-OLED has already begun to transform the TV landscape.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Retail Sector to Exhibit Maximum Adoption
- In order to leverage advanced signage technologies, the retail players are integrating the digital tools at their disposal to share relevant and profitable content at their premises and integrate digital ads into their retail stores to create a distinct in-store user experience.
- The companies are fusing the digital and physical modes of shopping to create a cohesive multichannel experience, thus, reshaping different parameters, such as prices, contents, features, mode of advertisement, etc.
- Moreover, retailers are striving to update the user-interactive screens in real-time to reflect the current trends in terms of in-store age or gender demographics to promote specific items or remove sold-out products from the screen.
- According to Scala Digital Signage, 74% of US retailers believe that creating an engaging in-store customer experience is important, and 42% of sales are projected to come from online, mobile, and social commerce sites.
- Most millennial shoppers visit retail stores to have an interactive experience. As retail stores display multiple ads on multiple screens, over 40% of consumers tend to ignore signage, which is a major problem for advertising content providers.
United States Digital Signage Industry Overview
The United States Digital Signage Market is moderately consolidated, with many major players in the United States providing the solution. The market players are viewing product innovation as a lucrative path toward expanding their market share. Hence, the new players, as well as the existing players, are significantly investing in their R&D capabilities and launching new products or making product developments to capture the maximum market share.
- April 2022 - Sharp NEC Display Solutions is about to showcase two display solutions for better hybrid workplace collaboration at ISE 2022, to be held in Barcelona. The 55'' NEC multisync WD551 windows collaboration display and the 70'' sharp PN- CD 701 collaboration display.
- March 2022 - Planar has launched two new LED video wall display families designed to serve the needs of fast-paced events and high-ambient light environments; the Planar Luminate Pro Series and Planar Venue Pro Series. The new families feature mechanical elements that accelerate set-up and takedown for temporary and mobile events but also feature full front installation and serviceability, opening the door to more permanent wall-mounted applications.
United States Digital Signage Market Leaders
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Cisco System, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
United States Digital Signage Market News
- November 2022 - At Electronica, printed e-paper display manufacturer Ynvisible Interactive Inc. introduced its new Digital Signage Solution. The company positions its technology as the least energy-intensive printed e-paper display on the market. Ynvisible continues to decisively direct its activities and resources to hasten the transformation of its organization from one focused on project sales to one based on products. A straightforward big-size e-paper display with digital and alphanumeric capabilities is included in this new, cost-efficient family of devices that is intended for ultra-low power applications.
- April 2022 - Sharp NEC Display Solutions is launching the new NEC PX 2201 UL projector model. The ultra-bright 1DLP model with RB laser technology is expected to enhance color performance and is highly compact.
United States Digital Signage Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumption and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Distribution Channel Analysis
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Technology Snapshot
4.5.1 Evolution of Digital Signage Solutions in the United States
4.5.2 Key Technological Trends to Drive Adoption
4.6 Assessment of the Impact Of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Evolution of Turnkey Solutions
5.1.2 Trends Favoring the Growth of Context-aware Advertising as Opposed to Conventional Modes of Advertising
5.1.3 Steady Increase in DOOH Spending in the United States to Continue to Supplement Market Growth
5.2 Market Challenges/Restraints
5.2.1 Concerns Over Invasion of Customer Privacy
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
18.104.22.168 LCD/LED Display
22.214.171.124 OLED Display
126.96.36.199 Media Players
188.8.131.52 Projectors/ Projection Screens
184.108.40.206 Other Hardware
6.2 By End User
6.2.7 Other End Users
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 NEC Display Solutions Ltd.
7.1.2 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
7.1.3 LG Display Co. Ltd.
7.1.4 Panasonic Corporation
7.1.5 Sony Corporation
7.1.6 Sharp Corporation
7.1.7 Planar Systems Inc.
7.1.8 Hitachi Ltd.
7.1.9 Barco NV
7.1.10 Goodview Electronic Co Ltd.
7.1.11 Cisco Systems Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. ANALYSIS OF THE KEY DIGITAL SIGNAGE SOFTWARE VENDORS
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
United States Digital Signage Market Research FAQs
How big is the US Digital Signage Market?
The US Digital Signage Market size is expected to reach USD 7.87 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 7.88% to reach USD 11.50 billion by 2028.
What is the current US Digital Signage Market size?
In 2023, the US Digital Signage Market size is expected to reach USD 7.87 billion.
Who are the key players in US Digital Signage Market?
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Sony Corporation, Cisco System, Inc. and Nec Corporation are the major companies operating in the US Digital Signage Market.
United States Digital Signage Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 United States Digital Signage market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. United States Digital Signage analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.