Diamond Coating Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 6.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Diamond Coating Market Analysis
The Global Diamond Coating Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Several countries were forced to go in lockdown owing to the pandemic scenario, which led to the shutdown of manufacturing facilities of almost every industry worldwide for a specified time. The electronics industry, one of the major consumers of diamond coating, was immensely affected. The electronics supply chain was already in the throes of disruption before the outbreak. The tariff war between the United States and China forced the relocation of some high-profile electronics manufacturers from China to Southeast Asia. Then with the pandemic happening, the production of electronics was halted due to a logistical slowdown and a lack of workforce availability around the world. Furthermore, disruptions to supply chains, caused further shipment delays for electronics manufacturers, thereby affecting the market studied. However, the industry started to revive in the latter half of 2020.
- Over the long term, the major factor driving the market is the increasing demand from the consumer electronics industry.
- On the flip side, high capital investment is expected to hinder the growth of the diamond coatings market.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market, owing to the increasing consumption from countries, such as China, India, and Japan.
Diamond Coating Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Diamond Coating Market according to our research experts:
Growing Demand from the Electrical and Electronics Industry
- Diamond coatings find extensive use in consumer electronics owing to their properties, such as high thermal conductivity, strength, electrical resistivity, and low coefficient of friction.
- Diamond is the hardest material, and it possesses unique qualities, such as high thermal conductivity, high resistivity, and low coefficient of friction. These properties make diamonds suitable for diverse applications. However, the extensive use of diamond for these applications would be costly, so technologies like CVD and PVD were developed to make the process feasible.
- Diamond-like carbon or diamond coating is a kind of amorphous carbon, which holds the properties of diamond such as high electrical resistivity making it favorable for new generation high-performance consumer electronics gadgets.
- With the advent of new technologies, the global electronics industry has been under pressure to deliver better every time. New technologies like 5G, the Internet of Things, and augmented virtual reality rely on materials that are strong and difficult to machine.
- The electronics industry is continuously making remarkable progress and development, the demand for the market studied is growing rapidly. The production of cellular phones, portable computing devices, gaming systems, and other personal electronic devices will continue to spark the demand for semiconductors, capacitors, and other electronic components.
- According to Zentralverband Elektrotechnik- und Elektronikindustrie e.V. (ZVEI), the German Electrical And Electronic Manufacturers' Association, the global electric production was valued at EUR 4.2 trillion in 2017, which increased by EUR 4.4 trillion in 2018, and it was further estimated to reach EUR 4.5 trillion in 2019. However, the industry was estimated to decline to EUR 4.4 trillion by the end of 2020, severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2019, the industry registered a growth rate of more than 2%, which declined to -3% (estimated) in 2020 but is expected to recover and reach more than 6% in 2021.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned factors and the rising demand for diamond coating from the global electrical and electronics industry, the market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing market, owing to the huge demand of the market studied from various end-user industries in the region.
- China dominates electronics production in the global market. The country's electronics production, which was steadily increasing through the years, has recently suffered from deceleration owing to the ongoing trade war between China and the United States, forcing various electronics producers to shift their base from China to other countries in the Asia-Pacific region. However, the country still continues to dominate the electronics production in the global market,
- In India, electronics production was valued at around USD 63.62 billion in 2018-2019. The National Policy on Electronics 2019 planned to advance local assembling and fare in the whole worth chain of Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) to accomplish a turnover of USD 400 billion by 2025. India is expected to become the fifth-largest consumer electronics and appliances industry in the world by 2025. Additionally, in India, technology transitions, such as the rollout of 4G/LTE networks and IoT (Internet of Things), are driving the adoption of electronics products.
- The growing medical industry in the region further has increased the demand for diamond-coated medical devices and equipment, and this is expected to propel the market studied in the region.
- The market for medical devices is expected to rise the fastest in Asia-Pacific due to rapid growth in the healthcare segment in the region. India is an attractive destination for healthcare tourism and is known for its economic treatment. This has led to a growth in the healthcare segment in the region, which has increased the demand for the market studied from the medical devices industry.
- In India, the government anticipated the healthcare industry to register three-fold growth to USD 133.44 billion by 2022. Moreover, the government is planning to increase public health expenditure to 2.5% of the country's GDP by 2025.
- The medical device market in China has been witnessing strong growth with a growing number of hospitals and increasing demand for medical assistance. According to the China Association for Medical Device Industry, the medical device market size was recorded to be around ~USD 80 billion in 2019. About 70% of the growth was majorly fueled by hospital procurement.
- Medical devices are found to constitute a thriving industry in Thailand, with the country acclaimed as a major healthcare hub in Asia. Thailand, as a leader in Asia, is found to be playing a vital role in many regional and international organizations dedicated to promoting the advancement of medical devices in the area. Most of the medical devices manufactured in Thailand for export fall into the category of single-use devices, and approximately 84% of the revenue of all medical supplies exported are in this group.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the growth of the diamond coating market in the region, during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Diamond Coating Industry Overview
The diamond coating market is partially consolidated in nature. Some key players of the market studied include NeoCoat SA, Element Six (UK) Ltd, SP3 Diamond Tech, United Protective Technologies LLC, and OC Oerlikon Management AG.
Diamond Coating Market Leaders
Element Six (UK) Ltd
SP3 Diamond Tech
United Protective Technologies, LLC
OC Oerlikon Management AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Diamond Coating Market News
- In April 2019, John Crane announced that it completed the acquisition of Advanced Diamond Technologies (ADT), Industrial Division. ADT, based in Romeoville, Illinois, the United States, is a leader in the development and application of diamond films for industrial, electronic, mechanical, and medical applications.
Diamond Coating Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Consumer Electronics
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 High Capital Investment
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD)
5.1.2 Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD)
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Electrical and Electronics
5.2.4 Other End-user Industries
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Diamond Product Solutions
6.4.3 Element Six UK Ltd
6.4.4 JCS Technologies Pte Ltd
6.4.5 John Crane
6.4.6 NeoCoat SA
6.4.7 OC Oerlikon Management AG
6.4.8 SP3 Diamond Tech
6.4.9 Surface Technology Inc.
6.4.10 United Protective Technologies LLC
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Diamond Coating Market Research FAQs
What is the current Diamond Coating Market size?
The Diamond Coating Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 6% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Diamond Coating Market?
NeoCoat SA, Element Six (UK) Ltd, SP3 Diamond Tech, United Protective Technologies, LLC and OC Oerlikon Management AG are the major companies operating in the Diamond Coating Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Diamond Coating Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Diamond Coating Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Diamond Coating Market.
Diamond Coating Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Diamond Coating market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Diamond Coating analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.