Converted Flexible Packaging Market Snapshot
|Study Period:||2018 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Converted Flexible Packaging Market is expected to reach a CAGR of 5.79% during the forecast period 2021 -2026. Innovative packaging solutions with advancements in numerous critical fields of product performance, along with growing utilization in end-use sectors, including food & beverage, pharmaceuticals and, health & beauty, are expected to encourage market forecasts. The ongoing conversion from rigid to flexible formats and consumer interest in single-use packaging will continue to drive gains.
- Besides, increasing demand for further-processed food products such as convenience-oriented foods that generally use high-barrier, premium packaging materials for higher shelf life is also poised to encourage the need for converted flexible packaging. The industry is also witnessing an increasing trend towards Eco-friendly formats. Innovative products such as self-venting films, which allow frozen as well as other foods to be steam cooked within their packaging, are likely to take significant strides in terms of technology enhancements and development.
- The converted flexible packaging industry is being challenged by rising material costs and higher demand for products such as low-fat snacks, which require innovative technologies and substrate combinations to meet packager needs for freshness. Technological advances encompass controlled-atmosphere and modified-atmosphere packaging (CAP/MAP), which result in much longer shelf life for produce, meats, and other products; novel resins such as metallocenes that are stronger and more breathable than traditional films; and convenience features such as zippered bags and specialized closures.
- During and after the lockdown due to COVID-19, a large number of consumers opted to online grocery shopping, a trend that will undoubtedly continue. For 2020, due to pandemic, online grocery’s percentage of the USD 1.04 trillion grocery market is pegged at 10.2%, or about USD 106 billion, up from 3.4%. Further, Online grocery will swell to 21.5% of total U.S. grocery sales by 2025, more than doubling its current share of the overall grocery market, a new study by grocery e-commerce specialist Mercatus. Such stats clearly indicates that the pandemic has catered the market growth in the online sector.
Scope of the Report
Converted flexible is a packaging type, which involves combining raw materials such as adhesives, plastics, polyesters, paper & paperboard, to create new packaging results, such as bags and pouches. It is broadly utilized over end-users such as food & beverages, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, and personal care.
|Food & Beverage|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
Seafood to Drive Growth in the Converted Flexible Packaging Market
- Seafood will continue to be one of the leading food markets driving growth in the converted flexible packaging sector. Seafood will continue to lead the market as against meat and poultry over the next coming years and will be supported by ongoing consumer demand for individually wrapped portions as well as case-ready and pre-seasoned proteins.
- Pouches and bags used in the meat, poultry, and seafood markets are typically high-barrier products that help extend the shelf life of these products, which tend to be highly perishable. Additionally, a wide range of value-added features is used in this market to add convenience or marketability.
- Value-added uses for converted flexible packaging in the perishable proteins market include easy-peel films, cook-in bags and films, improved leak and puncture resistance, odor control and freshness extending components, films that allow for high-quality printing, and resealable bags and pouches (using zippers or peel and reseal films).
- Indian seafood exporters expect demand from the US and Europe to rise in 2021. Apart from US, the Chinese buyers were also making enquiries on prices and availability for shrimps and other seafoods. In 2020, the sales value of processed meat and seafood in the Indian packaged foods market amounted to USD 239.6 million. This was a significant rise from the sales value of about USD 120 million in 2012 in this packaged food segment (source: USDA Foreign Agricultural Service).
- Continued expansion to new applications based on advantages over rigid packaging, sustainability concerns prioritizing lighter weight of flexible packaging, and faster gains for pouches, due to increasing use of value-added convenience features are the key trends expected to influence the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Holds a Dominant Position in the Market
- Asia-Pacific represents the most significant and fastest-growing regional market. Given the vast potential in developing markets such as China and India, the globalconverted flexible packaging industry has recently been witnessing heightened strategic partnerships, asset exchanges, capacity expansions, mergers and acquisitions, and the establishment of modern manufacturing facilities.
- Seafood is one of the major reasons for the growth of the converted flexible packaging market. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), an additional 40 million tonnes of seafood, or a nearly 30% increase, will be required by 2030 to fulfill rising demand. The consumption of frozen and processed seafood is expected to rise steadily as China's processing, distribution, and cold chain systems improve. Furthermore, the growing popularity of high-end supermarkets and consumer desire for a more diverse and nutritious diet that includes seafood considered expanding sales of frozen and processed fish.
- Healthy economic development, accelerated growth in GDP, an increase in standards of living, and a parallel growth in consumer expense on durable, food, and pharmaceuticals are all determinants responsible for driving the growth of flexible packaging solutions in the region. Also, the need for converted materials in the area is principally centered around pharmaceuticals and food & beverage categories such as baked confectionery, dairy, goods, meat, and fried foods.
- Also, the growth in the region is anticipated to be bolstered by opportunities in printed ream wrap and increased specialized film packaging from meat products. Polyethylene is expected to remain the most regularly used film in the Asia Pacific, owing to its cost-effectiveness, versatility, down-gauging suitability, and excellent barrier characteristics.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Converted Flexible Packaging Market is moderately competitive and concentrated and consists of some influential players. In terms of market share, some of these major players currently dominate the market. The market shows an augmented growth speed due to the constructive power exerted by the market forces both internally and externally. Specific areas in the market are anticipated to accomplish an absolute lead in the marketplace owing to improved strategies. The absorbed costs in the market are effortlessly dealt with, unlocking more room for expansion in the market.
- July 2020 - ProAmpac announced that it has acquired UK-based Ultimate Packaging, a pioneer in flexographic and digitally-printed flexible packaging. We specialize in the development of new, eco-friendly packaging solutions for a wide range of product categories. In making this acquisition, ProAmpac enhances its position in flexible food packaging, broadens its range of environmentally friendly products, and expands its presence throughout the United Kingdom.
- August 2021 - Amcor announced plans to build two new state-of-the-art innovation centers. The new facilities in Ghent, Belgium, and Jiangyin, China, will welcome customers as of mid-2022, with full build-out over the next two years. The total investment is expected to be approximately USD 35 million.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Augmented Demand for Convenient Packaging
4.3.2 Need for Longer Shelf Life and Changing Lifestyles
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Concerns about the Environment and Recycling
4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Impact of Covid-19 on the market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.1.1 Plastic Film
5.1.3 Aluminum Foil
5.1.4 Other Materials
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Food & Beverage
5.2.5 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Vendor Profiles
6.1.2 Amcor Plc
6.1.3 Sealed Air Corporation
6.1.4 Sonoco Products Company
6.1.5 Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH
6.1.6 Graphics Packaging Holding Company
6.1.7 Bischof + Klein SE & Co. KG
6.1.8 Honeywell International Incorporated
6.1.9 Oracle Packaging Inc. (Tekni-Plex Inc.)
6.1.10 Transcontinental Inc.
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Converted Flexible Packaging Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Converted Flexible Packaging Market?
The Converted Flexible Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.79% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Converted Flexible Packaging Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Converted Flexible Packaging Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Converted Flexible Packaging Market?
ProAmpac, Amcor Plc, Sealed Air Corporation , Sonoco Products Company, Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH are the major companies operating in Converted Flexible Packaging Market.