|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Passenger Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Passenger Vehicles|
The China Automotive Engine Oils Market stood at 2.82 billion liters in 2020 and is projected to register a CAGR of 5.71% to reach 3.94 billion liters in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : Large active vehicle fleet, higher average travel rates, and growing sales of SUVs are the factors projected to drive engine oil’s demand from the passenger vehicle sector.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : As China’s social distancing restrictions are gradually lifted, the usage of passenger vehicles is increasing, resulting in higher engine oil consumption from the sector.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Passenger Vehicles
- In China, engine oils account for the major share of automotive lubricants. During 2015-2019, engine oil consumption in China recorded a CAGR of over 5%. The rise in vehicle population and sales have been the major factors driving automotive engine oil consumption in the country.
- In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak resulted in a massive decline in the usage rate of the existing vehicle fleets in the country, which led to only a 2% growth in engine oil consumption. Also, the country has been registering a Y-o-Y dip in engine oil consumption with rising electric vehicles share on the back of government incentives.
- Over the forecast period, the passenger vehicle segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of about 5.45% in engine oil consumption, followed by commercial vehicles (4.87%) and motorcycles (1.77%), respectively.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The China Automotive Engine Oils Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 72.43%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), China National Petroleum Corporation, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, ExxonMobil Corporation and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (sorted alphabetically).
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Grade
4.2 By Vehicle Type
4.2.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.2.3 Passenger Vehicles
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2 Chevron Corporation
5.3.3 China National Petroleum Corporation
5.3.4 China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
5.3.5 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.6 Jiangsu Lopal Tech Co. Ltd
5.3.7 Qingdao COPTON Technology Co. Ltd
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
5.3.9 Tongyi Petrochemical Co. Ltd
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CHINA, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CHINA, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CHINA, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, CHINA, 2015 - 2026
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
CHINA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms