Seed treatments offer the perfect illustration of how the seed and crop protection sectors have undertaken innovative initiatives for advancing the future of contemporary agriculture. North America has been witnessing a sustained demand for seed treatment and is among the fastest growing global market after Asia Pacific over the coming half-a-decade. Canada seed treatment market was worth around USD 102 million in 2016 and is expected to cross USD 161 million by 2022 growing at the CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period 2017-2022.
The demand for crops has stimulated due to rise in the consumption of crops. Rise in the cost of seeds is one of the factor alluring the market. Increase in farm sizes along with crop rotations getting shorter are expected to drive the demand for seed treatment market. Canada and United States have been the growth engines that are driving the North American market.
The left over materials after the treatment affect the environment and limited dose capacity along with limited shelf life are some of the constrains of the seed treatment market. Awareness on the impact of biological seed treatment created an opportunity for seed treatment market.
By application segment, chemical agents dominate the Canada market for seed treatment, accounting for an estimated 2015 share of 94.4%. However, growth in demand for non-chemical agents is likely to outpace chemical agents by posting a 2015-2020 compounded annual rate of 9.1% to emerge as the fastest segment.
Corn/maize is the leading type of crop for seed treatment applications in Canada, estimated to account for 32.5% of the total demand in 2015. In terms of CAGR between 2017 and 2022, however, demand for seed treatment applications in canola is expected to be the fastest among all crop types at 9.1%.
Key Industry Players
Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Formerly Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd), Advanced Biological Marketing Inc, BASF SE, Bayer CropScience AG, BioWorks Inc, BrettYoung Limited, Chemtura AgroSolutions, DuPont,Exosect, loveland , Monsanto Company, Novozymes A/S, Precision Laboratories LLC, United agri products,Syngenta International AG, Valent USA Corporation, Vive crop protection and Wolf Trax Inc.A few have focused on horizontal growth by expanding their presence in emerging markets that offer greatest scope for future prospects, while yet others have been content to operate within their established boundaries and go in for vertical growth by concentrating on innovations in the area of products and solutions.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Canada Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Canada Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Canada Seed Treatment Market
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Seed Treatment Defined
1.3 Seed Treatment: A Current and Future Perspective
1.4 Current Trends in Seed Treatment
1.5 What the Future of Seed Treatment Holds
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Seed Costs Going Skywards
4.1.2 Price and Weather Volatility
4.1.3 Increase in Farm Sizes and Crop Rotations Getting Shorter
4.1.4 Greater Use of Multi-Component Products
4.1.5 Companies and Suppliers Join the Party
4.2.1 Concerns for the Environment
4.2.2 Strict regulatory regime for chemically treated seed
4.2.3 Imbalance Between Cost and Effectiveness
4.2.4 Limited Dose Capacity, protection and Shelf Life
4.3.1 Biological Seed Treatment Agents Fostering Growth
4.3.2 Prospects for Seed Treatment Growth Fastest in Canada
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Environment
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.2 Non- Chemical
5.2 By Crop type
5.2.7 Other Crops
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.1.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.1.2 Perspective Based on Strategic Activities of Companies in the Recent Past
6.1.3 Leading players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS LTD (FORMERLY MAKHTESHIM AGAN INDUSTRIES LTD) (ISRAEL)
7.2 BASF SE (GERMANY)
7.3 BAYER CROPSCIENCE AG (GERMANY)
7.4 BIOWORKS INC (UNITED STATES)
7.5 BRETTYOUNG LIMITED (CANADA)
7.6 CHEMTURA AGROSOLUTIONS (UNITED STATES)
7.7 DUPONT (UNITED STATES)
7.9 LOVELAND PRODUCTS INC
7.10 MONSANTO COMPANY (UNITED STATES)
7.11 NOVOZYMES A/S (DENMARK)
7.12 PRECISION LABORATORIES LLC (UNITED STATES)
7.13 SYNGENTA INTERNATIONAL AG (SWITZERLAND)
7.14 UNITED AGRI PRODUCTS
7.15 VALENT USA CORPORATION (UNITED STATES)
7.16 VIVE CROP PROTECTION
7.17 WOLF TRAX INC (CANADA)