Canada Compound Feed Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Forecast Data Period
|2024 - 2029
|Historical Data Period
|2019 - 2022
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Canada Compound Feed Market Analysis
The Canadian Compound Feed Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
- The growing demand for meat and animal products is the major driving factor behind the growth of the compound feed market. Increased awareness regarding quality meat and milk products and increased livestock production are other factors augmenting the growth of the market studied.
- The Canadian feed industry is highly regulated, including the Feeds Act and Feeds Regulations, which govern the day-to-day operations of feed mills and provide consistency among feed suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors. Feed mills in Canada are generally located close to livestock operations, and most feed is produced for domestic consumption. The majority of these feed mills are situated in Quebec (36%), Ontario (30%), Prairies (22%), Atlantic (9%), and BC (3%).
- According to ANAC, the Canadian feed industry is a mature industry. The overall trend is that the number of commercial feed mills is decreasing, but the amount of feed produced per mill is increasing. This movement toward industry consolidation is similar to trends observed at the farm level, with a decrease in the number of farms but an increase in production size. This allows companies to remain competitive by benefiting from economies of scale.
- The country's biofuel industry allows more grain input in livestock production, giving Canada the advantage of lower feed cost, which, in turn, is significantly augmenting the sales of the market studied. Some companies like Cargill Inc, Alltech Inc., Canadian Organic Feeds Limited, Trouw Nutrition Canada and Paragon Feeds Corp dominate the market.
Canada Compound Feed Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Canada Compound Feed Market according to our research experts:
Growing Inclination Towards Meat and Increasing Exports
According to statistics from the Government of Canada, Retail sales of fresh meat in Canada were estimated at USD 11 billion (2.8 million Metric Ton) in 2021, indicating a 1% rise over USD 10 billion (2.6 million Metric Ton) in 2017. With USD 3.65 billion (1.4 million Metric Ton) in sales in 2021, poultry meat was the biggest category, followed by beef and veal. Between 2017 and 2021, sales of chicken meat increased at the fastest rate, with a CAGR of 4.2%. In terms of sales, pork meat was the third largest fresh meat category in 2021. The value of pork meat sales was USD 3.5 million which is propelling the market for animal rearing. This is anticipated to benefit the feed industry in the upcoming years.
An increase in demand for various animal products, such as milk, dairy products, meat products, eggs, and other non-food items, has led to the growth in the usage of feed additives, thereby, boosting the growth of compound feed in the animal feed market. According to ITC Trademap statistics, beef and veal, export was 108,296 metric ton in 2021. The export value totaled USD to 625,233 thousand which has doubled as compared to 2017. The rising demand for animal products and processed meat has created an opportunity for feed manufacturers to enhance animal productivity.
Commercial Livestock Production is Driving the Market
The per capita consumption of red meat and poultry products has increased rapidly, as it is actively considered an important source of nutrition/protein by consumers under different demographics. In response to globalization and the rising demand for animal-sourced foods, the livestock sector attained strong growth. The Commercialisation of Livestock has resulted in a higher volume of animals in recent years. According to Canadian statistics, the volume of chicken produced in the country stood at 1.3 Million metric ton. Canadian feed companies have lately been engaged in developing interesting new products for the poultry sector, including the addition of new feed components permitted for use in Canada in order to meet the market's strong demand for quality feed.
The diets of livestock, primarily poultry, and swine, contain highly digestible corn and soybean meal as base ingredients. Furthermore, in 2018, Enterra Feed Corporation received approval from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to sell Enterra whole-dried larvae in the country, as a feed ingredient for tilapia and poultry, including chickens, ducks, geese, and turkey. These sustainable alternatives are in high demand from feed manufacturers around the country, as the market for salmon continues to grow.
Canada Compound Feed Industry Overview
Canadian Compound Feed Market was moderately fragmented in nature for the year 2022. Some of the leading companies in Canada are Cargill Incorporated, Alltech, Inc, Canadian Organic Feeds Limited, Trouw Nutrition Canada, and Paragon Feeds Corp. Leading companies are focused on acquiring feed mills and small manufacturing for expansion of the business in local as well as foreign markets. Some of the players have been expanding their geographical presence by acquiring or merging with manufacturers in foreign markets.
Canada Compound Feed Market Leaders
Canadian Organic Feeds Limited
Trouw Nutrition Canada
Paragon Feeds Corp.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Canada Compound Feed Market News
- November 2022: ADDiCAN, a producer of animal nutritional products, has purchased a grain and processing plant in Slemon Park, Prince Edward Island, Canada. The facility, ADDiCAN's second in Canada, will extend the company's production and bulk handling capabilities for the North American and worldwide markets.
- May 2022: Trouw Nutrition Canada began the construction of a new 40,000-square-foot feed mill in Chilliwack city which is expected to be fully operational by the end of 2023. The feed mill is strategically located for its agricultural-oriented clientele, and it is anticipated that 95 percent of the feed volume generated at the mill is consumed within a 50-kilometer radius.
Canada Compound Feed Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions & Market definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Animal Type
5.1.5 Other Animal Types
5.2.2 Cakes & Meals
126.96.36.199 Amino Acid
188.8.131.52 Prebiotics and Probiotics
184.108.40.206 Other Supplements
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Competitor Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Cargill Inc.
6.3.2 Alltech Inc.
6.3.3 Novus International
6.3.4 New Hope Group
6.3.5 Land O Lakes Purina
6.3.6 Archer Daniels Midland
6.3.7 Neovia Group
6.3.8 Paragon Feeds Corp.
6.3.9 Nutreco NV
6.3.10 Canadian Organic Feeds Limited
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Canada Compound Feed Market Research FAQs
What is the current Canada Compound Feed Market size?
The Canada Compound Feed Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.70% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Canada Compound Feed Market?
Cargill, Incorporated., Alltech, Inc, Canadian Organic Feeds Limited, Trouw Nutrition Canada and Paragon Feeds Corp. are the major companies operating in the Canada Compound Feed Market.
What years does this Canada Compound Feed Market cover?
The report covers the Canada Compound Feed Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Canada Compound Feed Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Canada Compound Feed Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Canada Compound Feed market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Canada Compound Feed analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.