Seed treatment can be defined as the application of chemical ingredients or biological organisms to the seed that enables in suppressing, controlling or repelling plant pathogens, insects, or other pests that attack seeds, seedlings or plants. The market was worth around USD 457.7 million in 2017 and is expected to cross USD 819.6 million by 2022 growing at the CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period 2017-2022.
Seeding rates have been witnessing considerable diminishing, which, in turn, has provided impetus to the practice of seed treatment for preventing plant loss. Focusing greater attention on procedures that reduce risk, such as adapting to weather conditions after sowing, which makes seedlings highly vulnerable to soil-borne diseases and insects. Some major drivers of the seed treatment are crop rotations getting shorter and greater use of multi-component products. All these are driving the market for seed treatment.
Major restraints identified in this report are concerns for the environment and regulation of seed treatment market.
By application segment, chemical agents dominate the Brazilian market for seed treatment, accounting for an estimated 2015 share of 94%. However, growth in demand for non-chemical agents is likely to outpace chemical agents by posting a 2017-2022 compounded annual rate of 10.7% to emerge as the fastest segment.
Corn/maize is the leading type of crop for seed treatment applications in Brazil, estimated to account for 21.3% of the total demand in 2015. In terms of CAGR between 2017 and 2022, however, demand for seed treatment applications in soybean is expected to be the fastest among all crop types at 11%.
Key Industry Players
Some of the major players in the market include BASF, Bayer, Syngenta, Verdesian and others. The key payers are eventually focusing on agreements and partnerships to balance the supply and demand of the market. Introducing new effective products is another strategy to stay ahead of the competition.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Brazil Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Brazil Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Brazil Seed Treatment Market
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Seed Treatment Defined
1.3 Seed Treatment: A Current and Future Perspective
1.4 Current Trends in Seed Treatment
1.5 What the Future of Seed Treatment Holds
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rise in the cost of seeds
4.1.2 Price and Weather Volatility
4.1.3 Increase in Farm Sizes and Crop Rotations Getting Shorter
4.1.4 Greater Use of Multi-Component Products
4.1.5 Rise in demand for GM crops
4.2.1 Concerns for the Environment
4.2.2 Limited Dose Capacity, protection and Shelf Life
4.3.1 Biological Seed Treatment Agents Fostering Growth
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Regulatory Environment
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.2 Non- Chemical
5.2 By Crop type
5.2.7 Other Crops
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.1.1 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.1.2 Perspective Based on Strategic Activities of Companies in the Recent Past
6.1.3 Leading players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 ADAMA AGRICULTURAL SOLUTIONS LTD (FORMERLY MAKHTESHIM AGAN INDUSTRIES LTD) (ISRAEL)
7.2 ADVANCED BIOLOGICAL MARKETING INC (UNITED STATES)
7.3 BASF SE (GERMANY)
7.4 BAYER CROPSCIENCE AG (GERMANY)
7.5 CHEMTURA AGROSOLUTIONS (UNITED STATES)
7.6 DUPONT (UNITED STATES)
7.7 INCOTEC GROUP BV (THE NETHERLANDS)
7.8 VERDESIAN LIFE SCIENCES
7.9 MONSANTO COMPANY (UNITED STATES)
7.10 NOVOZYMES A/S (DENMARK)
7.11 NUFARM LTD (AUSTRALIA)
7.12 SYNGENTA INTERNATIONAL AG (SWITZERLAND)