Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market Analysis
The Bangladesh mustard oil market is projected to record a CAGR of 5.61% during the forecast period.
- Bangladesh's growth of the mustard oil market underwent a dramatic disruption due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which led to a substantial shift in market demand dynamics. The market witnessed a significant shift in food consumption patterns wherein consumers started preferring home-cooked meals and experimenting with new recipes. This raised the demand and consumption of edible oils, including mustard oil.
- Although mustard oil is a major source of impurity, changing consumer dietary habits and the use of mustard oil in Bangladeshi dishes are driving the demand for mustard oil. The market needs to be more cohesive and organized, owing to the strong presence of domestic players. As a result, new entrants must contend with fierce competition, as local players command a disproportionate market share in the revenue. Thus, these factors support the country's mustard oil market growth.
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Industry Segmentation
Mustard oil is an essential oil derived from grinding mustard seeds, mixing the ground seeds with water, and distilling the resulting volatile oil. Mustard oil is widely used as cooking oil for sautéing and stir-frying vegetables due to its strong flavor, pungent aroma, and high smoke point.
The Bangladeshi mustard oil market is segmented by packaging and distribution channels. Based on packaging, the market is segmented into bottles, pouches, and others. Based on the distribution channel, the market is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience/grocery stores, specialty stores, online retail stores, and other distribution channels.
For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been provided based on the value in USD million.
|Online Retail Stores|
|Other Distribution Channels|
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market according to our research experts:
Multiple Functions Performed by Mustard Oil to Support Market Demand
- Consumers in Bangladesh are witnessing a change in dietary patterns, and the market is witnessing a trend toward food culture that promotes strongly flavored cuisines, wherein mustard oil is utilized. Eating habits are also influenced by rising health consciousness. Multiple varieties of mustard oils are available to suit individual requirements.
- Additionally, mustard oil was earlier used only for cooking. However, it is now used in multiple pharmaceutical applications, aromatherapy, etc., and performs various functions, including that of a stimulant, appetizer, anti-fungal agent, anti-bacterial agent, hair vitalizer, etc., thereby providing a range of benefits to body and skin. Thus, the rising application of mustard oil in cosmetics and personal care is bound to support market demand for mustard oil in Bangladesh.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Convenience and Grocery Stores Dominate the Market
- Convenience and grocery stores, including roadside shops, municipal corporation markets, and open-air temporary shops, dominate Bangladesh's mustard oil market. Open-air and roadside shops dominate the convenience store segment.
- In collaboration with local distributors, the government has developed a distributorship system to restrict mustard oil fluctuations and eliminate middlemen in the edible oil market. The global players entering the Bangladesh mustard oil market are trying to expand their presence by increasing their collaboration with local distributors through convenience stores.
- Hence, the key factor responsible for the presence of mustard oil in roadside and open-air stores is convenience, enabling easy availability of products and thus aiding the growth of the market in the country.
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Industry Overview
Bangladesh's mustard oil market is a competitive market in which domestic players dominate. Some prominent market players include Wilmar International, Pran Foods Ltd., and Partex Star Group. There is huge potential for foreign brands to set up a strong base and achieve higher brand loyalty if the packaging and branding strategies are done correctly. Prominent market players are focusing on launching new products to enhance their revenues.
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market Leaders
Partex Star Group
Bangladesh Edible Oil Ltd.
Pran Foods Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market News
- August 2022: Credinox Impex Private Limited announced an investment of BDT 300 crores in setting up a mustard oil factory in Bangladesh.
- May 2021: ACI Limited launched AROMA Mustard Oil in Bangladesh, which is made from locally harvested high-grade mustard seeds, guaranteeing the premium quality of the oil. AROMA Premium Mustard oil contains a large amount of mono-unsaturated fatty acid, restricting the build-up of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Convenience/Grocery Stores
5.2.3 Specialty Stores
5.2.4 Online Retail Stores
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Most Strategies Adopted
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Pran Foods Ltd.
6.3.2 Wilmar International Ltd
6.3.3 Ovijat Food & Beverage Industries
6.3.4 Bangladesh Edible Oil Ltd.
6.3.5 Partex Star Group
6.3.6 City Group
6.3.7 ACI Limited
6.3.8 Square Food & Beverage Limited
6.3.9 Orion Group
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. ABOUT US
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market?
The Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.61% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market?
Partex Star Group, Bangladesh Edible Oil Ltd., Pran Foods Ltd., Wilmar International, City Group are the major companies operating in Bangladesh Mustard Oil Market.
Bangladesh Mustard Oil Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Bangladesh Mustard Oil market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Bangladesh Mustard Oil analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.