The aviation connectors market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5.12%, during the forecast period 2018 - 2023. The report profiles the PCB (Printed Circuit Board), High Power, High Speed, RF Connectors, and Fiber Optic providers of aviation connectors for the aerospace industry.
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for the aircraft as aircraft manufacturing is on the rise. The global aircraft fleet is expected to double by 2036 from 2016, which indicates the potential for aviation connectors. Another significant driver for the market is the shift toward electric architecture and technology, which was primarily conceived by Airbus SE while the production of Airbus A-380, and has been gaining traction since then. This has also attracted the attention of aircraft manufacturing giants, like Rolls Royce, who are partnering to develop technologies that align with electric architecture. Backlogs in the aircraft manufacturing industry are a major restraint which could decline the growth of the market. The number of backlog units was 8,614 units for aircraft manufacturers who do not have any credit rating and were likely to falter in the delivery of those backlogs, which could considerably decrease the profitability.
High-speed Connectors are Expected to Register a Significant Growth Rate
The evolving architecture of the aircraft manufacturing industry can be a significant driver for the high-speed connector segment of the aviation connectors market. The segment has attracted significant attention from various aircraft manufacturing vendors. For instance, Rolls-Royce partnered with Siemens AG and Airbus SA to come up with developed engines specifically for the type of electric architecture. It is estimated that the hybrid aircraft will find full-fledged deployment in the aviation industry. The recent developments in the high connectors are expected to drive the aviation connectors market. Some of the key players in the segment include TE Connectivity, Amphenol Corporation, and Bel Fuse Inc., among others.
North America is expected to Register the Highest Market Share
The North American region is estimated to be the largest market for aviation connectors as a considerable number of aircraft manufacturing firms are based in the region and it has one of the largest aircraft fleets. The region has been one of the early adopters for the latest technologies and hence the trend of in-flight communication can be expected to be a significant part of the North American market. The trend for in-light broadband in already rising in the region. The aircraft manufacturing industry in the region was estimated to USD 143 billion in 2017 and products manufactured are approved to operate in 47 other countries. This is one of the major driving factors for the growth of the aviation connectors market in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- Jul 2018: TE Connectivity introduced next generation free height 0.8mm board-to-board connectors that can achieve speeds of 32 Gbps and higher.
- Feb 2018: Eaton Corporation signed an agreement with Doosan Corporation Mottrol to supply hydraulic pumps for South Korea’s first domestically manufactured fighter aircraft, the KF-X. The agreement expanded the company’s presence in the Asia-Pacific aerospace market and would reinforce its role as a leading development partner for many of the region’s — and the world’s — most advanced military and commercial aircraft programs.
Major Players: Cisco Systems Inc., Euclid Analytics, Purple Wi-Fi, RetailNext, Fortinet Inc., Blix, Cloud4Wi, Skyfii Limited, Yelp Wi-Fi Inc., Ruckus Wireless Inc., and Zebra Technologies, among others.
Aviation Connectors Market - Report Summary
Aviation Connectors Market
Market Size in 2017
USD 4.34 billion
Market Size in 2023
USD 5.85 billion
This report on the Aviation Connectors Market offers the latest trends, growth prospects, industry competitiveness, major players, value/supply chain, regional market share, and forecast until 2023.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Impact of the increasing demand for aircraft manufacturing on aviation connectors
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- The segments that are expected to dominate the market
- Regional analysis of the market during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by major market players and key innovators
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.2.5 Competitive Rivalry in the Industry
4.3 Industry Policies
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in the Demand for Aircraft
5.1.2 Shift towards Electric Architecture and Technology
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Existing Backlog of Aircraft Deliveries
6. Global Aircraft Connectors Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
6.1.2 High Power
6.1.3 High Speed
6.1.4 RF Connectors
6.1.5 Fiber Optic
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Landing Gear
6.2.2 Engine Control System
6.2.4 Cabin Equipment
6.3 By Region
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 Eaton Corporation
7.2 TE Connectivity
7.3 Amphenol Corporation
7.4 Bel Fuse Inc.
7.5 Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
7.6 Radiall SA
7.7 Allied Connectors
7.8 Conesys Inc.
7.9 Fischer Connectors SA
7.10 Japan Aviation Electronics Industry Ltd
7.11 CONEC Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH
7.12 Electronic Connector Company of Illinois LLC
*(List Not Exhaustive)
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Aviation Connectors Market