|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems estimated at USD 21.7 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach USD 31.2 Billion by 2026. The automotive window and exterior sealing systems market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 6%, during the forecast period.
The automotive industry is experiencing a transition based on rapid and ongoing innovation. Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are emphasizing using technologies that make vehicles more efficient.
The market studied is growing, as it is one of the essential safety systems for the vehicle. These sealings are majorly used to protect the interior of the vehicle from pollution, rainwater, and exterior noise. The sealing frames prevent the degradation of glass structure due to water and the occurrence of wind noise. The use of window channel covers shelters, the interior of the vehicle from dirt ingress, and noise emission.
The local players have a lot of scope in the aftermarket segment. After the warranty expires, the vehicle owners generally prefer to go to local garages and workshops, to get window seals and other related products replaced. The reason for preferring these garages can be attributed to the availability of spare parts and inexpensive, as compared to authorized showrooms.
Additionally, e-commerce and e-tailing are popular and the consumers are buying spare parts online and getting them fixed at the local shops. For instance, the revenue of the Original Equipment Supplier-Do it For Me (OES DIFM) automotive parts’ aftermarket in the United States is expected to increase, reaching USD 18 billion in 2025, as compared to USD 13 billion in 2013.
Scope of the Report
The automotive window and exterior sealing systems market is segmented by component (roof ditch moldings, door seals, glass run channels, and rear windshield seals), exterior seals (trunk seals, hood seals, and front windshields seals), vehicle types (passenger cars and commercial vehicles), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle-East and Africa).
|Roof Ditch Moldings|
|Glass Run Channels|
|Rear Windshield Seals|
|By Exterior Seals|
|Front Windshield Seals|
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Growing Commercial Vehicle Sales Expected to Drive the Market
- Although the automotive industry is witnessing a slump across the world, it is the commercial vehicle segment that has been continuously showing growth after the recession.
- The unit sales of commercial vehicles increased by 5.61%, during 2017-2018, as compared to the decline of 2.83% in the passenger vehicle segment, during the same period.
- Overall, in 2018, the demand for commercial vehicles in the European Union went up roughly by 3.2%, as compared to 2017, marking growth for the sixth consecutive year. About 2.5 million light commercial vehicles, trucks, and buses were registered across the European Union. This represents the highest volume since 2007. Spain (+6.5%), France (+4.9%), and Germany (+4.6%) were the major countries, which registered healthy growth.
- In the United States, the sales of commercial vehicles increased by more than 8% to reach 12.39 million in 2018, as compared to 11.47 million units in 2017. The growth can be attributed to the people’s preference toward light commercial vehicles, especially pickup trucks. Ford, Chevrolet, and Ram are some of the major manufacturers who benefited from the sale of these vehicles.
- In Asia, China and India are the major markets for commercial vehicles. The sale of CVs reached the one million mark for the first time in India in 2018, representing a growth of more than 21%, over the previous year. China recorded the sales of 4.37 million in 2018, as compared to 4.16 million in 2017.
- Changes in the logistics space are expected to affect the customer structure of truck and trailer OEMs. Owing to this factor, the demand for large fleets is expected to increase, during the forecast period.
- Driven by the regulations, pertaining to emissions across various parts of the world, the trend of electrification is expected to take over in commercial vehicles in a long run. This factor is expected to drive their sales. Owing to the aforementioned factors, the market for window and exterior sealing systems is expected to witness a significant growth, during the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific and North America to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to hold the largest market share in the market studied over the forecast period, due to the growing production of automobiles. Additionally, the availability of low-cost labor and other necessary resources in Asia-Pacific is anticipated to drive the market in the region.
- Japan has a large number of automotive manufacturers, which are expected to create demand for the market studied over the forecast period. The technological development in Western Europe and North America is expected to create significant opportunities in the market studied, over the forecast period. Latin America and Middle East & Africa are experiencing moderate growth in the automotive window and exterior sealing systems market.
- The United States is the largest automotive market, worldwide. There are 13 major automobile manufacturers, with an average of 11 million vehicles produced per year. Hence, various local and global players present in the country are operating in the market studied.
- Henniges Automotive is a major company in this market and a key supplier to Ford, for its F-series pickup line. It also supplies to Fiesta and Lincoln models. Similarly, Cooper Standard supplies to General Motors (Chevrolet, GMC, and Buick) and Chrysler (Dodge).
- The growing commercial vehicle segment and the increasing adoption of electric vehicles across the country are expected to drive the market studied in the United States, during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The automotive window and exterior sealing systems market is fragmented. Some of the major players are Hutchinson Sealing Systems, Magna International Inc., Copper Standard Automotive Inc., Minth Group Ltd, and Rehau Group, among others.
- In March 2021, Hutchinson and VA-Q-tec enter in a strategic partnership to develop innovative insulation in the automotive & aerospace sectors. The aim of this strategic partnership is to jointly develop high-performance, scalable insulation solutions to improve the thermal management of eMobility vehicles.
- In December 2020, Sumitomo announced that its cell gasket has been continuously adopted for the Toyota new fuel cell vehicle (FCV), Mirai. This product is a rubber sealing part that prevents the leakage of hydrogen, oxygen, and water from the cell components, which consist of a separator and power generator components.
- In July 2020, Rehau launched its Rehau Attivo hardware program, which includes the European-made Kovinoplastika Lož Hardware ARXspin line throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico..
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Component
5.1.1 Roof Ditch Moldings
5.1.2 Door Seals
5.1.3 Glass Run Channels
5.1.4 Rear Windshield Seals
5.2 By Exterior Seals
5.2.1 Trunk Seals
5.2.2 Hood Seals
5.2.3 Front Windshield Seals
5.3 By Vehicle Type
5.3.1 Passenger Cars
5.3.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 Rest of North America
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
220.127.116.11 South Korea
5.4.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Copper Standard Automotive Inc.
6.2.2 Hutchinson Sealing Systems
6.2.3 Magna International Inc.
6.2.4 Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd
6.2.5 Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd
6.2.6 Minth Group Ltd
6.2.7 Lauren Plastics LLC
6.2.8 Dura Automotive Systems
6.2.9 Rehau Group
6.2.10 Henniges Automotive Holding Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market?
The Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
What is Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market size in 2018?
The Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market is valued at 21 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market size in 2026?
The Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market is valued at 31 Billion USD in 2026.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market?
Hutchinson Sealing Systems, Rehau Group, Magna International Inc., Cooper Standard Automotive Inc., Minth Group Ltd are the major companies operating in Automotive Window and Exterior Sealing Systems Market.