Automotive Ventilated Seats Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Automotive Ventilated Seats Market Analysis
The Automotive Ventilated Seats Market was valued at USD 9.1 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 12.2 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of above 5% during the forecast period (2022 – 2027).
Recent COVID-19 has disrupted the market growth. With lockdowns and travel restrictions, the demand for vehicles has declined. As a result, the growth of automotive parts in the automotive industry has also declined in the past two years. This trend is seen in all segments related to the automotive industry.
Over the long term, the trend is shifting towards lightweight and composite materials for the production of lighter seats for electric and hybrid vehicles, and raising advanced seating systems for upcoming vehicles is expected to help the market grow. However, with high costs associated with advanced seats, manufacturers are trying to strike a balance between low-cost production and customer perceived values are some concerns in the automotive ventilated seat market.
Growing demand for luxurious and comfortable seating coupled with increasing sales of passenger cars and rising per capita income with growing urbanization is expected to fuel the demand for automotive ventilated seats during the forecasted period. Further latest developments and active engagement of key players in the market by launching new products, offering innovative solutions, etc. For example, in August 2021, Ford issued a patent for moisture-sensing seat technology that detects moisture in the seat using the liquid-permeable seat covers and regulates the climate control accordingly.
North America is the largest Automotive Ventilated Seats Market, Despite the Chinese market experiencing sluggish growth, which is the largest automobile market in the world. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market for Ventilated seats market to the increase in car production as well as consumers preferring the most luxurious features in the car.
Automotive Ventilated Seats Industry Segmentation
Ventilated seats blow air into the chambers, while cooled seats have the air blow over a cooled surface and then into the seat. Perforations in the seats allow the air to reach the occupant. The automotive ventilated seat market report covers the latest trends and technological developments in the market across the world.
The automotive ventilated seat market is segmented by vehicle type, sales channel, and Geography. By Vehicle type, the market is segmented into Passenger Cars and Commercial Vehicles. By sales channel, the market is segmented into OEMs and aftermarket, and By geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World). For each segment, market sizing and forecast have been done on the basis of value (USD billion).
Automotive Ventilated Seats Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Automotive Ventilated Seats Market according to our research experts:
Passenger Car Segment To Exhibit A High Growth Rate
The improving lifestyles and economy are leading to customer preference changes across the globe. With increasing power purchase parity and disposable income, raising brand awareness, and competition between OEMs to offer improved features the automotive ventilated seats market is expected to grow during the forecasted period.
Increasing average drive time spent in the vehicles leading to demand for comfort seats. This will propel the demand for enhanced seating system. Thus, with growing average time spent and stringency in regulations, the demand for comfortable automotive seating system would also increase. Automotive industry is heavily investing on developing advanced technologies to reduce overall vehicular weight to meet stringent regulations for emission and fuel efficiency. This would also promote investment into seating technology to develop light weight ventilated seating systems.
- In April 2022, Maruti Suzuki has launched MPV XL6, XL6 is the first car of Maruti Suzuki which comes with all new ventilated seat for driver and front passenger.
- Mercedes introduced an innovative, multi-contour seat with an air bladder that gets inflated and deflated automatically, according to the posture of the person. The use of seats as a source of ventilation is another advancement in seating systems, which has a potential to occupy a major share in the market studied, in the future.
OEMs are also looking to strike the perfect balance between low production costs and providing more features. Increasing complexity of advanced seating assembly, such as incorporation of new technologies (heating, cooling, massage and memory) for better comfort and safety and usage of light weight components to achieve emission and fuel economy norms, the seating manufacturers are investing into R&D.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region Anticipated to Grow at Significant Level During the Forecast Period
Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold a notable share in the market during the forecast period owing to rising demand from key markets like India, China, Japan, and others. Though sales of vehicles witnessed a decline due to pandemic over the recent years, owing to the low production costs in the country, the demand for vehicle production has gone up drastically, and vehicle production witnessed positive growth. For instance,
- According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), Overall vehicle production in December 2021 totaled 2.907 million units, reflecting a 2.4% y/y increase, while sales totaled 2.786 million units, reflecting a 1.6% y/y decrease. In 2021, around 40,2000 commercial vehicles and 1614000 passenger cars were exported from China. Since a few years back, China has been the world’s largest car production country.
Moreover, the Chinese government has also cut down the taxes on cars to increase car sales. China is also one of the largest exporters of cars and automotive components. The trend of increasing car production in this region is expected to boost market growth. Further, the automotive exports in the region are heavily influenced by the global economy and environmental regulations.
Ventilated seats are common in luxury cars and high-end cars. However, automobile manufacturers are increasingly focusing on offering ventilated seats in mid-segment and entry-level vehicles as well. For instance, Ford Motor offers a mid-sized sedan with ventilated seats, Hyundai Motor offers a sedan that comes with standard ventilated seats for both driver and front-seat occupant, and Chevrolet Malibu has ventilated seats. Thus, a growing number of automobile manufacturers offering ventilated seats in mid-segment and entry-level cars is expected to propel growth in the Asia-Pacific region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Automotive Ventilated Seats Industry Overview
The automotive ventilated seat market is a consolidated one with players such as Lear Corporation, Adient PLC, Faurecia, Toyota Boshoku Corporation, Magna International, etc., dominating the market. The main revenue-generating strategies of key players are tie-ups with vehicle manufacturers and OEMs and technical and financial collaborations for technology development.
- In March 2022, Faurecia inaugurated its Technology & Customer Center in Hanover Marienwerder. The new building in the Science Area 30X in Hanover combines the former research and development activities of Faurecia Seating in Stadthagen with those of Faurecia Interiors in Peine, as well as all functions of the German Faurecia Holding (Faurecia Automotive GmbH). The site employs 850 people.
- In March 2022, Toyota Boshoku Corporation developed Ventilated seats and door trims that are featured on the new LEXUS LX launched by Toyota Motor Corporation in January 2022.
- In October 2021, Lear Corporation announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all of Kongsberg Automotive’s Interior Comfort Systems (ICS) business unit. Kongsberg Automotive’s ICS business unit specializes in comfort seating solutions, with a leadership position in seating product areas experiencing growth within the auto industry – massage, lumbar, seat heat, and ventilation.
Automotive Ventilated Seats Market Leaders
Toyota Boshoku Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Automotive Ventilated Seats Market News
- In April 2022, Maruti Suzuki announced the launch of the new XL6 at their Nexa showroom. It comes equipped with ventilated seats in the front row, a 17.78 cm (7 inch) smart play pro touchscreen infotainment system, In-built Suzuki Connect, featuring remote functionality with over 40+ features such as AC Control, vehicle safety & security, driving behavior analysis, status alerts along with vehicle health monitoring and other remote operations.
- In November 2022, General Motors announced that its vehicles affected by the removal of the heated and ventilated seats feature recently announced due to the semiconductor shortage will be eligible for a retrofit process next year.
- In May 2022, Tata Harrier new top variants introduced sans ventilated seats with connected car technology. The new variants will sit just below the top-spec XZ+ variants and the Kaziranga Edition of the Harrier SUV. The driver seat now has six-way power adjustable function as well as adjustable lumbar support. However. Tata has not added features like ventilated seats and iRA connected car technology in the new variants of the Harrier
Automotive Ventilated Seats Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION ( Market Size in Value - USD billion)
5.1 Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passenger Cars
5.1.2 Commercial Vehicles
5.2 Sales Channel
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest Of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest Of World
188.8.131.52 South America
184.108.40.206 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles*
6.2.1 Faurecia SE
6.2.2 Adient PLC
6.2.3 Lear Corporation
6.2.4 Toyota Boshoku Corporation
6.2.5 TS Tech Co. Limited
6.2.6 Hyundai DYMOS (Hyundai Motor Group)
6.2.7 Magna International Inc.
6.2.8 Continental AG
6.2.9 Gentherm Incorporated
6.2.10 Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Automotive Ventilated Seats Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive Ventilated Seats Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Automotive Ventilated Seats Market?
The Automotive Ventilated Seats Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
What is Automotive Ventilated Seats Market size in 2018?
The Automotive Ventilated Seats Market is valued at 9 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Automotive Ventilated Seats Market size in 2028?
The Automotive Ventilated Seats Market is valued at 12 Billion USD in 2028.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive Ventilated Seats Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Automotive Ventilated Seats Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Automotive Ventilated Seats Market?
Faurecia, Adient PLC, Lear Corporation, Toyota Boshoku Corporation, Magna International are the major companies operating in Automotive Ventilated Seats Market.
Automotive Ventilated Seats Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Automotive Ventilated Seats market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Automotive Ventilated Seats analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.