|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The automotive TIC market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period 2021 - 2026. The increasing trend of the adoption of electronic systems in automobiles has led to the demand for testing equipment. With the adoption of electronic systems, special care needs to be taken to test them on a regular basis in order to maintain their efficiency.
- TIC ensures the development of high-quality components and vehicles while supporting automotive suppliers in continuous improvements of existing technologies and new innovations to make mobility safer, secure, and more physically efficient. The increasing amount of cases for component failures in automobiles has led to increased adoption of TIC. The component failures result in a huge amount of cost to the company as well as lead to customer dissatisfaction.
- Furthermore, the issues in maintaining the quality of the automobiles by the major vendors in the industry also lead to new opportunities for the market for automotive TIC services. For instance, in March 2021, Jaguar Land Rover announced that it is losing more than 100,000 sales annually due to quality issues, creating a bad image of the company. The company is planning to tackle the quality problem with a new business model
- With globalization in trades and businesses, distinct local regulations and standards are some of the key barriers to the acceptance of products internationally. Automobile manufacturers are expected to invest significantly to establish in-house TIC facilities or coordinate with local TIC service providers to manufacture products which are compliant with the local regulatory norms.
- The short-term impact of the COVID-19 on the automotive TIC market is that the automotive factories rely on significant human labor, and production has been scaled back, which affects the growth of the market. The long-term R&D and production-related TIC in the automotive industry may be significantly impacted due to a downturn in the global economic outlook. The lower vehicle demand and supply chain difficulties mean that production may take time to recover. However, the urgency to EV transition suggests R&D budgets and related TIC may be mostly protected in the long term.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the market segmented by the service type, vehicle type, and geography.
The automotive testing, certification, and knowledge services optimize quality and safety in accordance with national and international standards and regulations like TS 16949 and ISO 26262. The International standard-setting bodies composed of representatives from various national standards organizations define the different testing, inspection, and certification services in the international standard series ISO/IEC 17000:2004.
|By Service Type|
|Testing & Inspection|
|Others (Auditing, Consulting, and Training Services)|
|By Vehicle Type|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Testing is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The testing and analysis services enable to check that products and commodities have the required properties. The test for compliance with applicable standards, regulations, and specifications, is usually performed in the laboratory and also provided on-site testing for manufacturing and process industries.
- The service providers are focussing on developing a large network of laboratories operating worldwide. Offering state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and field-specific technical expertise, their facilities are strategically located for the clients’ benefit, granting easier access from ports and major manufacturing locations.
- The testing is the most important part of the automobile as it informs the manufacturers whether it is in compliance with the manufacturing standards. The companies with low expenditure patterns in the automobile industry complete the testing and introduce the product in the market to avoid fatal errors. The increased number of automobile sales will have a direct impact on the growth rate of Testing due to the increased emphasis on driver safety.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an increase in the trend of digitalization in the market, with some of the major companies focusing on software solutions for TIC services. Furthermore, remote testing is being accepted by the government authorities, which also helps in the growth of the market. For instance, the remote TIC services for automotive offered by TUV SUD is accepted by the German KBA (Kraftfahrtbundesamt), the Dutch RDW (Rijksdienst voor het Wegverkeer), the Irish NSAI (National Standards Authority of Ireland), and the Luxembourgish SNCH (Société Nationale de Certification et d‘Homologation).
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Strong Market Share
- The United States has dominated the light vehicle segment. With the increased manufacturing of cars in the United States, the North American region is expected to notice a substantial growth in the forecast period.
- The growth in electric vehicles further presents new opportunities for the automotive TIC market. Furthermore, the government is also playing a major factor in driving the growth of the market in the country.
- For instance, in 2020, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed technical changes to emissions testing protocols and compliance calculations for the Light-duty Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Standards and Fuel Economy Standards to provide a smooth transition from using test fuel with 0% ethanol (E0) to test fuel that contains 10% ethanol (E10). Introduction to such laws and other regulations makes TIC services imperative for automotive companies in this region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The market consists of several major players. In terms of market share, none of the players own a major chunk of market share, and thus the market is moving towards fragmentation. The competitors are coming up with different ways to demonstrate their dominance. Some of the major players operating in the market include Derka SE, TÜV SÜD, SGS Group, and Applus Services S.A.
- July 2021 - DEKRA was recognized by CharIN as one of the first test laboratories for interoperability certification of charging stations for electric vehicles. As a result, DEKRA can perform the Combined Charging System (CCS) Basic conformance tests and issue the CCS Basic certificate for charging stations, helping to improve interoperability in the field and significantly enhance the charging experience for users.
- June 2021 - Germany’s Federal Motor Authority (KBA) designated TUV SUD as a Technical Service for cyber security and software updates in motor vehicles. This KBA designation is expected to enable TUV SUD to further expand its range of services catering to the design and development of connected and automated vehicles, thereby emphasizing its position as one of the leading third-party service providers in this important future industry.
- May 2021 - Applus acquired IMA Dresden, a leading testing laboratory in Europe which is a well-diversified structural and materials testing laboratory, with a good reputation for excellence and a European leader in most of its key markets of railway, aerospace & defense, wind power, building products, medical devices and automotive.
- April 2021 - DEKRA announced that it has been listed as MFi Authorized Test Laboratory to offer selected CarPlay certification testing, pre-testing, and advisory services for vehicle, telecommunications, and infotainment system manufacturers, which are licensees of Apple's MFi program. The MFi Program includes third-party hardware accessories that use Apple's MFi licensed technology to connect electronically to over 1.5 billion active Apple devices worldwide.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Coverage on In-house vs Outsourced Automotive TIC Industry
4.4 Industry Policies and Regulations
4.5 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Automotive TIC Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 MARKET DRIVERS
5.1.1 Growth in Integration of Electronic Components in Automobiles
5.1.2 Trend Toward Digitization
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Dependence on Automotive Sales
5.2.2 Relatively Long Lead Time for Overseas Tests
5.3 Market Opportunities
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Service Type
6.1.1 Testing & Inspection
6.1.3 Others (Auditing, Consulting, and Training Services)
6.2 By Vehicle Type
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Dekra SE
7.1.2 Intertek Group
7.1.3 TUV Rhienland Group
7.1.4 Applus Group
7.1.5 TUV SUD Group
7.1.6 TUV Nord
7.1.7 Eurofins Group
7.1.8 SGS Group
7.1.9 Bureau Veritas
8. VENDOR MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS OF AUTOMOTIVE TIC MARKET
8.1 Analysis of Top Five Vendors in Automotive TIC
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Automotive TIC Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Automotive TIC Market?
The Automotive TIC Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.3% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Automotive TIC Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Automotive TIC Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Automotive TIC Market?
TÜV SÜD, Applus Services, S.A, Dekra SE, SGS Group, Bureau Veritas Group are the major companies operating in Automotive TIC Market.