Australia Power EPC Market Size
|Study Period:||2019 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 6.56 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Australia Power EPC Market Analysis
The Australian power EPC market is expected to witness a CAGR of around 6.56% during the forecast period of 2022-2027. The country was hit hard by the COVID-19 outbreak. Power EPC contractors in Australia faced disruption in the procurement of necessary equipment for projects like Neoen solar projects currently in the development phase due to the lockdown, which affected the scheduled commercial operations of the projects. Factors like favorable government schemes for small-scale solar power generation and upcoming large-scale solar power projects are expected to drive the market. Despite the presence of driving factors, the increasing share of alternative clean energy sources, hydro and wind power, and an expected delay in large-scale solar power projects are expected to restrain the growth of the market.
- Due to its high installation share, increasing renewable energy installations are expected to dominate the Australian power EPC market during the forecast period.
- According to the Australian Energy Market Operator, regions like Queensland and New South Wales are expected to witness significant growth in energy demand, creating opportunities in the energy market in the long run.
- An increase in thermal-based generation is expected to drive the growth of the Australian power EPC market during the forecast period.
Australia Power EPC Industry Segmentation
The Australian power EPC market report includes:
Australia Power EPC Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Australia Power EPC Market according to our research experts:
Increasing Renewable Energy Installations are Expected to Dominate the Market
- Australia has one of the highest average solar radiation per square meter, one of the highest per capita consumption of residential rooftop solar, and leading solar PV technology in the world but still lags behind the rest of the world in terms of mid-scale and large-scale solar developments.
- In 2020, Australia's renewable energy installed capacity stood at 6,710 MW. The share of solar stood at around 35.8% of the total renewable electricity generation. Therefore, the country is expected to witness the increasing deployment of solar PV, which leads to an increase in power EPC contracts in the region.
- In May 2021, Vestas won a 157 MW order from Neoen to deliver the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of Kaban Green Power Hub in Far North Queensland, Australia. The wind power project will feature 28 Vestas V162-5.6 MW turbines from the EnVentus platform.
- Moreover, in May 2020, Sterling and Wilson Solar (SWSL), along with its Australian subsidiary, secured an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract valued at USD 525 million to build a renewable energy park in Australia.
- The country has seen significant growth in renewable energy installations due to the above points. This further culminates in the improvement of the Australian power EPC market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increase in Thermal-based Generation May Drive the Market
- Power generation in Australia is dominated by fossil fuels, including oil, gas, and coal. In 2020, coal was dominating power generation. However, the country is continuously decreasing the share of coal in power generation.
- Additionally, coal plants, which are the primary source of electricity generation in Australia, accounted for around 54% of electricity generation in 2020.
- In 2020, the government announced 12 new power projects, including natural gas, pumped hydropower, and one coal-fired plant, to increase power supply and bring down energy prices. The projects are expected to boost the EPC contracts in the future significantly.
- In January 2020, the government announced its plan to underwrite two gas power plants: APA Group’s proposed 220MW generator in Dandenong, Victoria, and Quinbrook’s proposed 132MW facility in Gatton, Queensland.
- Moreover, Energy Australia is planning to construct a gas-fired power station, Marulan Power Station, at Marulan near Goulburn in New South Wales. The project is likely to increase EPC contracts in the coming years.
- Owing to the above points, the increase in therma- based power generation may lead to the growth of the Australian power EPC market during the forecast period.
Australia Power EPC Industry Overview
The Australian power EPC market is moderately consolidated. Some of the major companies include Origin Energy Ltd, Stanwell Corporation Limited, InterGen Services Inc., EnergyAustralia Holdings Ltd, and AGL Energy Limited.
Australia Power EPC Market Leaders
Origin Energy Ltd
Stanwell Corporation Limited
InterGen Services Inc
EnergyAustralia Holdings Ltd
AGL Energy Limited.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Australia Power EPC Market News
- In January 2022, Australia’s UGL, part of CIMIC Group Ltd, secured three contracts worth over AUD 296 million for renewable energy and transmission projects in Queensland and South Australia. One of the orders is Vena Energy to cover the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of an 87-MW solar farm and substation upgrade at Tailem Bend in South Australia.
- In June 2021, Elecnor signed a contract through a 50/50 joint venture with the Australian group Clough to build the Energy Connect project, which includes 700 kilometers of high-voltage lines and four substations, worth a total of EUR 917 million.
Australia Power EPC Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, until 2027
4.3 Government Policies and Regulations
4.4 Recent Trends and Developments
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Power Generation
5.2 Power Transmission and Distribution (T&D)
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Origin Energy Ltd
6.3.2 Stanwell Corporation Limited
6.3.3 InterGen Services Inc.
6.3.4 EnergyAustralia Holdings Ltd
6.3.5 AGL Energy Limited
6.3.6 Rio Tinto Limited
6.3.7 NRG Energy Inc.
6.3.8 Sumitomo Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Australia Power EPC Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Australia Power EPC Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Australia Power EPC Market?
The Australia Power EPC Market is growing at a CAGR of >6.56% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Australia Power EPC Market?
Origin Energy Ltd, Stanwell Corporation Limited, InterGen Services Inc, EnergyAustralia Holdings Ltd, AGL Energy Limited. are the major companies operating in Australia Power EPC Market.
Australia Power EPC Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Australia Power EPC market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Australia Power EPC analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.