Asia Pacific is a market which is growing. It has half the worlds population and now it is using this human potential to grow at a tremendous pace. The economy in countries in this region is growing at a steady pace. There have been ups and downs in the economy in some countries but generally on a whole the region is growing at a tremendous pace. With industrialization and urbanisation coming up in a big way, the efficiency of the drives should also increase to help the industries produce more products with less wastage. The use of variable frequency drive will increase to the machine productivity, production quality and machine efficiency.
A Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) is a type of motor controller that drives an electric motor by varying the frequency and voltage supplied to the electric motor. VFD are also known as variable speed drive, adjustable speed drive, adjustable frequency drive, AC drive, microdrive, and inverter. With the rising energy demand and increasing price of electricity, VFDs are now increasingly used for different applications across various industries. Some of the other factors contributing to the growth of these are focus of government on efficient energy savings and environmental regulations. VFDs are of three different types: mechanical drives, electric drives and fluid drives.
This technology is hardly new, but the uses have increased manifold. The demand for these is expected to grow in developing countries as they are they have huge requirement for infrastructure and energy. The vendors have revenue generating opportunities in these markets and expand their existing operations.
Some of the vendors mentioned in the report are Eaton, ABB, GE, Crompton Greaves, Siemens, Mitsubishi and Hitachi.
What the Report Offers
1) Market Definition for the Variable Frequency Drive Market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Variable Frequency Drive Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Variable Frequency Drive Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1) Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expand their operations
2) Investors who are willing to invest in this market
3) Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients
4) Anyone who wants to know about this industry
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
1.4 Key Findings in the Study
1.5 Market Definition
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Market Drivers
3.2.1 Increasing demand for Energy Efficient Equipment Growth
3.2.2 Environmental Regulations
3.2.3 Infrastructure Modernization
3.3 Market Restraints
3.3.1 Cost of Implementation is high
3.3.2 Lack of Uniform Industry Standards
3.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Technology Snapshot
5. Asia-Pacific Variable Frequency Drives Market Segmentation and Forecast (2016-2022)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 AC Drives
5.1.2 DC Drives
5.1.3 Servo Drives
5.2 By Power Rating
5.2.1 Micro Power Drive
5.2.2 Low Power Drive
5.2.3 Medium Power Drive
5.2.4 High Power Drive
5.3 By Voltage Rating
5.3.1 Low Voltage
5.3.2 High Voltage
5.4 By Applications
5.4.1 HVAC Control System
5.4.2 Food Processing
5.4.4 Mining and Metals
5.4.5 Pulp and Paper
5.4.6 Machine Tools
5.5 By Country
5.5.4 South Korea
6. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
6.1 Eaton Corporation
6.2 ABB Ltd.
6.3 Crompton Greaves Ltd.
6.4 General Electric Company
6.5 Honeywell International Inc.
6.6 Rockwell Automations Inc.
6.7 Hitachi Group
6.8 Siemens AG
6.9 Mitsubishi Corporation
6.10 Toshiba Corporation
6.11Schneider Electric Company
6.12 Johnson Controls
6.13 Emerson Electric Company
6.14 Danfoss A/S
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Investor Outlook
8. Future of Asia-Pacific Variable Frequency Drives Market