Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia-Pacific Valves Market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027. With the sudden onset of the COVID-19 outbreak, market participants have seen an exponential increase in the adoption of valves due to the increased number of hospitalizations across the region. To address the issue of hospital facility scarcity, governments began to deploy modular and mobile healthcare facilities during the pandemic, which increased the demand for medical equipment. As a result, the COVID-19 pandemic created significant growth opportunities for players in the APAC valve market.
- The valve market is expected to grow primarily due to investments in the oil and gas industry and pharmaceutical infrastructure. For instance, India has heavily invested in oil and gas exploration and is building natural gas infrastructure to meet its energy needs. For instance, in July 2021, the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) announced to establish India's first green hydrogen plant at Mathura refinery to introduce green hydrogen conditioning and projects in the oil and gas sector in the country.
- Furthermore, governments in the region are investing in municipal water treatment infrastructure to protect natural water bodies from contamination and promote water reuse. This is increasing sales of butterfly valves in the area. Also recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji announced that the newly formed Jal Jeevan Mission will spend INR 3.5 lakh crore over the next five years to provide piped water ('Har Ghar Jal') to all rural households by 2024.
- As demand for fuel rises, various countries in the region begin new oil and gas exploration projects that are expected to increase demand for advanced valve technology. Similarly, different water treatment plants are being built to meet the rising demand for freshwater. As a result, the valve market will expand rapidly in the coming years.
- For instance, In September 2021, the Indian administration approved oil and gas projects in Northeast India worth INR 1 lakh crore (USD 13.46 billion). These projects will be completed by 2025.
- Further, the pandemic has severely impacted several countries, including India, Australia, China, and Japan, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). Government limitations imposed to control the spread of COVID-19 in these countries during the initial period of the outbreak have hampered production due to the limited availability of the workforce during the pandemic period. Furthermore, China has imposed strict lockdown and social isolation, which halted exploration and reduced the country's demand for oil and other power commodities. As a result, China's natural gas storage and transportation activities have decreased significantly, resulting in low demand for ball and butterfly valves.
Scope of the Report
Valves are automated machines that regulate the flow and force of a system's liquids, gases, and slurries. Valves vary greatly in size, design, function, and operation. The Asia-Pacific Valves Market is segmented by type (Ball, Butterfly, Gate/Globe/Check, Plug, Control) in various end-user industries like Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Chemical, Water & Wastewater, Mining, among others, in multiple countries in the region. The impact of Covid-19 on the market and affected segments are also covered under the scope of the study. Further, the disruption of the factors impacting the market's growth in the near future has been covered in the study regarding drivers and restraints.
|By End-user Industry|
|Oil & Gas|
|Water & Wastewater|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Australia and New Zealand|
|Rest of the Asia Pacific|
Key Market Trends
Oil & Gas Industry Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- Over the forecast period, growing demand for valves in the oil & gas sector will drive growth in the Asia-Pacific valves market. Rising offshore oil and gas projects across the region are expected to drive growth in the valve market over the forecast period.
- The government is focusing hard on increasing the country's manufacturing and production capacity and providing basic life facilities to its citizens through improved distribution systems. Across the region, new oil and gas distribution systems have been constructed.
- For instance, the Indian Oil Corporation has announced that it will invest INR 7000 crore in new gas distribution projects by the end of 2022.
- Furthermore, in November 2021, Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited announced the Model Retail Outlet Scheme launch and the Darpan petrol pump digital customer feedback program. These three oil PSUs have collaborated to open model retail outlets to improve service standards and amenities across their networks, serving over six crore consumers daily. which will further drive the market growth.
- In July 2021, the government implemented several policies to meet rising demand. It has permitted 100 % Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in many sectors, including natural gas, petroleum products, and refineries. Furthermore, as evidenced by the presence of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and Cairn India, it attracts both domestic and foreign investment.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
India is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- India is one of the fastest-growing countries in terms of manufacturing sectors and machinery, giving rise to the need for valves. The government provides benefits to companies setting up manufacturing units. It also outlines various policies to boost the manufacturing sector. For instance, India outlined a plan in August 2021 to reach its goal of USD 1 trillion in manufactured goods exports.
- The growing power demand also generates growth opportunities for valve vendors in the Indian market. According to the CEA's 19th Electric Power Survey, India's total installed power generation capacity is expected to reach 619 GW by the end of FY27. Peak electricity demand has been estimated to be 226 GW in FY22 and 299 GW in FY27.
- In light of rapid industrialization and rising incomes, India, which has over one billion people, has established aggressive clean-energy targets to reduce pollution and combat climate change while meeting rising electricity demand. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow that India would install 175 gigatonnes (GW) of renewable energy by 2022, up from 100 GW now, and 500 GW of non-fossil power by 2030.
- Further, the increasing emphasis on recycling wastewater is also expected to generate demand for valves across the country. For instance, four sewage treatment plants (STPs) have been set up in Patna, and As a result, it provides a long-term solution for the disposal of waste liquid generated by households. Moreover, in July 2022, the Gujarat government announced to give in-principle approval for works worth INR 118.12 crore for STPs of 73.98 MLD capacity in nine municipalities of Gujarat.
- Hence, the growing investments across various sectors in the country are expected to drive the demand for various valves, thereby boosting the overall market demand over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia-Pacific valve market is significantly competitive. Key market players such as Emerson Electric Co, The Weir Group PLC, Flowserve Corporation, Schlumberger Limited, Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc, IMI PLC, Crane Co, and many others are constantly upgrading their product portfolios and undertaking various organic and inorganic strategies such as mergers, partnerships, new product launches, collaborations, and acquisitions.
- May 2022 - Emerson announced that its Aventics Series Advanced Valve (AV) valve system with AES Profinet and Ethernet/IP is the first and only valve system with preinstalled Open Platform Communications Unified Architecture (OPC UA) functionality. The AES enables users to overcome interoperability challenges and gain easier access to data while integrating the digital twin can boost productivity and efficiency.
- June 2021 - Neles Corporation has announced the release of a new line of versatile butterfly valves with Neldisc metal seats and Wafer-Sphere soft seats for superior performance with a low environmental footprint.
- March 2022 - HYDAC announced HPK16SE/SF piloted directional control valve. The valve is currently available for cavities of size 16. This valve withstands working pressures up to 5,000 psi and flows up to 40 gallons per minute.
- December 2021 - Emerson has introduced the easy-eTM Trim Cartridge, a comprehensive trim repair solution for FisherTM easy-e globe valves. This factory-assembled repair cartridge combines all valve replacement parts and the bonnet into a simple and ready-to-install repair solution, streamlining the repair process and saving time and money throughout the maintenance process.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Valve Use in the Oil and Gas Industry
5.1.2 Increased Utilization of Ball Valves and Butterfly Valves
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Service Extending Life and Corrosion Risk
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.6 Other Types
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.1 Oil & Gas
6.2.2 Power Generation
6.2.4 Water & Wastewater
6.2.6 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Country
6.3.3 South Korea
6.3.5 Australia and New Zealand
6.3.6 Rest of the Asia Pacific
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Emerson Electric Co.
7.1.2 Flowserve Corporation
7.1.3 Schlumberger Limited
7.1.4 The Weir Group plc
7.1.5 KITZ Corporation
7.1.6 Samson Controls Inc.
7.1.7 Forbes Marshall
7.1.8 Alfa Laval Corporate AB
7.1.9 Avcon Controls Pvt Ltd
7.1.11 ZECO VALVE GROUP
7.1.12 DomBor Valve
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Valves Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of APAC Valves Market?
The APAC Valves Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.1% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Valves Market?
Schlumberger Limited, The Weir Group plc, Emerson Electric Co., Flowserve Corporation, KITZ Corporation are the major companies operating in APAC Valves Market.