Vacuum circuit breakers are electrical switching devices used on distribution and transmission networks for the safety of equipment and devices. They provide safe and reliable medium-voltage power distribution and stand out for their long service life. They arecircuit breakers where the arc quenching takes place in vacuum. They are widely used in industries, like building & construction, utilities, cement manufacturing, mining & metal, etc. The advantage of using a vacuum circuit breaker is that it can be operated frequently or at a place of a multi-breaking short circuit. This technology is mainly used for medium-voltage applications. Normally, medium-voltage circuit breakers are utilized inside switchboards or boards that are situated at the points of the distribution network where the voltage of the electric power is brought down from high to values up to couple of several KV. The consistent requirement for power, expanding access to electricity in developing countries, stringent demands for operational safety, growing need for effective load management and the need if renewable energy to be connected to the grid are expected to support the growth of the Asia-Pacific vacuum circuit breakers market during the forecast period.
Need for Effective Load Management
Load Management or Demand Side Management (DSM) relies on adjusting the load side of an electrical network to balance the supply of electricity on the network, rather than adjusting the power station output. This method can be used by power utilities to manage peak period demand without relying on peaking power plants. This also helps to avoid the various problems associated with peaking power plants, such as greater emissions, higher generation costs, lower efficiency, etc.
One of the means to implement load management is using circuit breakers, where they can be triggered using frequency sensitive relays, thereby disconnecting the load. This process, known as ‘ripple control’, has already found applications in various countries.
Several parts of the countries in India, Bangladesh, Nepal faces supply shortage during peak hours. As a countries are planning to reduce the demand supply gap at peak hours, vacuum circuit breakers are expected to used for effective load management.
Increase in Investments by Government of China to Drive the Market
Government of China announced its plans to spend USD 315 billion to expand its power grid infrastructure over 2015-2020 period. It has plans to build a safe and environment-friendly smart grid by 2020 to promote the spread of clean energy. Beijing will be building long distance transmission systems and dynamic power distribution systems to completely utilize hydro power, wind, and solar. This, in turn, is expected to lead the growth of the vacuum circuit breakers market.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Mitsubishi Electric’s new integrated-automation factory to produce vacuum interrupters and vacuum circuit breakers. This factory will deploy e-factory concept on IOT technologies to achieve high efficiency, high productivity, and minimized cost.
Major Players: ABB Ltd, Eaton Corporation, Toshiba, Schneider Electric, Siemens Ltd, Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Ltd, Fuji Electric, LSIS Co. Ltd, Mitsubishi Electric, and TE Connectivity Ltd, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future Asia-Pacific vacuum circuit breakers market outlook in the developed and emerging nations
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules and Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Type
7.1.1 Indoor Vacuum Circuit Breakers
7.1.2 Outdoor Vacuum Circuit Breakers
7.2 By Industry
7.2.1 Building & Constrcution
7.2.2 Cement Manufacturing
7.2.3 Mining & Metal
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 ABB Ltd
9.2 Eaton Corporation
9.4 Schneider Electric
9.5 Siemens Ltd
9.6 Fuji Electric
9.7 LSIS Co. Ltd
9.8 Mitsubishi Electric
9.9 TE Connectivity Ltd
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
10.4 Future of the Market
11.1 Contact Us
(*List of companies is not exhaustive)
(**Subject to availability on public domain)