The Asia-Pacific soil treatment market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% over the forecast period 2017-2022.
Soil treatment in modern day agriculture mainly denotes nutritional management that improves the fertility of the soil and amount of organic matter content that improves the soil structure and function. As a whole, soil treatment acts as a versatile solution for many field problems as it impacts the soil structure, nutritional profile, and biodiversity.
Rising concern over food security, increasing demand for organic food, evolving agricultural practices, high population growth in the region, growing demand in the advent of shrinking farmlands are driving the market. Unclear regulatory environment pertaining to soil treatment product applications and low awareness among farming community regarding soil treatment are restraining the market. Emerging markets and untapped countries of Asia-Pacific would provide future growth opportunities.
On the basis of product types, soil treatment market is segmented into organic amendments, pH adjusters, and soil protection products (holding majority market share); and are further segmented into pest control and weed control products. Several technologies are employed for soil treatment depending on the requirements and soil topography viz., physiochemical, biochemical and thermal treatments; physiochemical treatment is the most sought after process.
The Asia-Pacific market is the third largest market for soil treatment and possesses the fastest growth rate globally. Agriculture based countries like China and India are leading the market. The soil treatment market in China is largely driven by organic amendment products and weed control products specifically.
Key Industry Players
Asia-Pacific soil treatment market possesses fragmented structure as many global and local companies are actively involved in the regional market.
The main players in the region are:
- Wynca Chemical
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Syngenta AG (Switzerland)
- Arysta Lifescience Corporation
Majority of global companies are adopting the strategy of acquisitions so as to cater to the growing regional markets. Product innovation is taken up as a long-term strategy for many.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific soil treatment market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on national and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a national and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific soil treatment market on both national and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Overview
3.1.1 Soil Protection for Food Security
3.1.2 Organic Food Industry Growth
3.1.3 Shrinking Arable Land
3.2.1 Technical Knowledge Barriers
3.2.2 Unclear Regulations
3.3.1 High Growth from Emerging Markets
3.3.2 Adoption of Modern Farming Practices and Sustainability
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Technology
4.1.1 Physiochemical Treatment
184.108.40.206 Soil Vapor Extraction (SVE)
220.127.116.11 Solidification & Stabilization
18.104.22.168 Chemical Oxidation
22.214.171.124 Electro Kinetic Separation
126.96.36.199 Soil Flushing
4.1.2 Biological Treatment
188.8.131.52 Enhanced Bioremediation
184.108.40.206.1 Aerobic Enhanced Bioremediation
220.127.116.11.2 Anaerobic Enhanced Bioremediation
18.104.22.168.3 White Rot Fungus
22.214.171.124.1 Enhanced Rhizosphere Biodegradation
4.1.3 Thermal Treatment
126.96.36.199 Electrical Resistance Heating
188.8.131.52 Radio Frequency/Electromagnetic Heating
184.108.40.206 Hot Air/Steam Injection
4.2 By Type
4.2.1 Organic Amendments
220.127.116.11 Animal Manure
18.104.22.168 Crop Residue
22.214.171.124 Sewage Sludge/Biosolids
4.2.2 pH Adjusters
4.2.3 Soil Protection
126.96.36.199 Pest Control
188.8.131.52 Weed Control/Herbicides
4.3 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 BASF Se
6.2 Wynca Chemical
6.3 Novozymes A/S
6.4 Camson Bio Technologies Ltd.
6.5 Chemtura Corporation
6.6 Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical
6.7 E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Company
6.8 Jiangsu Yangong Chemical
6.9 Makhteshim Agan Group
6.10 Monsanto Company
6.12 SA Lime & Gypsum
6.13 The Dow Chemical Company
6.14 Arysta Lifescience Corporation
6.15 Agrofill S.R.L.
6.16 Arkema S.A.
6.17 Ohp Inc.
6.18 Solvay S.A.
6.19 Terracottem Australasia Pty Ltd
6.20 Terramanus Technologies Llc
6.21 Kanesho Soil Treatment
6.22 Platform Specialty Products
6.23 China Shenghua Group Agrochemical Company
6.24 International Rehabilitation and Soil Stabilization Services (IRASSS)