Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 63.42 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 87.43 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||6.63 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market size is expected to grow from USD 63.42 billion in 2023 to USD 87.43 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 6.63% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
The market was negatively impacted due to COVID-19. Due to the pandemic, several countries in the Asia-Pacififc region went into lockdown to curb the spread of the virus. The shutdown of numerous companies and factories has disrupted supply networks and hampered production, delivery schedules, and product sales. The market has recovered from the COVID-19 pandemic and is increasing significantly in the region.
- Increasing demand from the construction industry and growing demand for electronic displays drive the market during the forecast period.
- Fluctuating raw material prices and government regulations on carbon emissions will likely hinder the market's growth in the coming years.
- The market has key opportunities due to advancements in the automotive industry and rising initiatives in the solar industry in China, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia.
- China is expected to dominate the market and is also expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market Trends
Construction Industry to Dominate the Market
- The construction industry is the largest end-user segment of the market studied. Moreover, the ongoing trend of smart city projects is also anticipated to drive flat glass demand. Due to the growing populace and rapid urbanization, the rising infrastructural developments and construction activities, mainly in China and India, are anticipated to augment the demand for architectural applications.
- The use of glass in construction provides a more pleasing and attractive look to buildings. Glasses are being used extensively in the construction industry in windows, facades, doors, interior partitions, balustrades, shop fronts, and railings for stairs and balconies, among other building parts, providing a potential opportunity to float glasses.
- Body-tinted float glass is a new type of glass in which melted colorants are added for coloring and solar radiation absorption properties. This type of glass saves energy, reduces heat penetration into buildings, and provides a striking visual effect.
- The construction sector in the Asia-Pacific region is one of the largest, and it has been witnessing steady growth owing to the presence of fast-growing economies, rapid urbanization, and rising spending on infrastructure. The construction output growth in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow by 50%, or USD 2.5 trillion, between 2020 and 2030, to a USD 7.4 trillion market in 2030.
- China has the largest building market globally, accounting for 20% of all construction investment. The country is expected to spend around USD 13 trillion on buildings over the next seven years.
- According to IBEF, the country planned to spend USD 1.4 trillion on infrastructure projects from 2019 to 2023 through the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) to ensure India's sustainable development.
- Owing to all the aforementioned factors, the market for flat glass is projected to grow during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Market
- China dominated the Asia-Pacific flat glass market size and is projected to continue its dominance during the forecast period due to the rising construction industry.
- The continuous improvements in economic conditions in the region have enhanced the financial status of consumers, boosting the demand for buildings and other infrastructural activities in the country.
- According to the International Trade Administration, China is the world’s largest construction market. According to estimates, overall investment in new infrastructure during the 14th Five-Year Plan period (2021–2025) is expected to reach roughly USD 4.2 trillion. The new plan emphasizes nine key items for energy efficiency and green building development; it also calls for retrofitting over 350 million square meters of buildings and constructing over 50 million square meters of net-zero energy-consumption buildings.
- China has the world’s largest electronics production base and offers tough competition to the existing upstream producers, such as South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan. With the increase in disposable incomes of the middle-class population, the demand for electronic products is projected to increase steadily in the future.
- In automobile and transport applications, flat glass is used to make backlights, windscreens, windows, and sunroofs.
- China continues to be the world’s largest vehicle market by manufacturing output and annual sales, with domestic production expected to reach 35 million vehicles by 2025. In 2022, according to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), a total of 27,020,615 vehicles were produced in China.
- All these factors are expected to drive China's Asia-Pacific flat glass market during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Industry Overview
The Asia-Pacific flat glass market is consolidated in nature. Key players in the market include AGC Inc., Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd, Saint-Gobain, and SCHOTT AG, and Guardian Glass LLC, among others.
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market Leaders
Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd
Guardian Glass LLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market News
- October 2022: AGC Inc. acquired its first Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for float glass manufactured at its two Asian plants, AGC Flat Glass (Thailand) Plc. and PT Asahimas Flat Glass Tbk, Indonesia.
- March 2022: Saint-Gobain India launched three new facilities built on an investment of ₹500 crores (USD 60.37 million). The expansion included a new float glass unit, an integrated windows line facility, and an urban forest.
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from the Construction Industry
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Electronic Displays
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Government Regulations on Carbon Emission
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Insulated Glass
5.1.2 Tempered Glass
5.1.3 Laminated Glass
5.1.4 Other Product Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.3 Electrical & Electronics
5.2.4 Other End-user Industries
5.3.4 South Korea
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) Analysis**/Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AGC Inc.
6.4.2 Borosil Renewables Ltd.
6.4.3 Emerge Glass
6.4.4 Gold Plus Float Glass
6.4.5 Guardian Industries Holdings
6.4.6 Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd
6.4.7 Qingdao Laurel Glass Technology Co.,Ltd
6.4.9 SCHOTT AG
6.4.11 TAIWAN GLASS IND. CORP
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Advancement in the Automotive Industry
7.2 Rising Initiatives in the Solar Industry in China, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market Research FAQs
How big is the Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market?
The Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market size is expected to reach USD 63,422.82 million in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 6.63% to reach USD 87,409.77 million by 2028.
What is the current Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market size?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market size is expected to reach USD 63,422.82 million.
Who are the key players in Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market?
AGC Inc., Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd, Saint-Gobain, SCHOTT AG and Guardian Glass LLC are the major companies operating in the Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Market.
Asia-Pacific Flat Glass Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia-Pacific Flat Glass market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia-Pacific Flat Glass analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.