Asia-Pacific Fermenetd Ingredients Market Insight
The Asia-Pacific fermented ingredient market is projected to register a CAGR of 9.1% during 2018 to 2023 (forecast period). Due to increasing demand for the easy preservation of food items and affordable procurement, manufacturers of food and beverage products are showcasing a considerable growth in the adoption of fermented ingredients in food production processes, which is supporting the market growth. The amino acid segment holds a significant market share, as amino acids and enzymes used in pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications are responsible for the enhanced features and results of end products, which has led to the increase in demand for fermented ingredients in various industrial applications.
Asia-Pacific Fermenetd Ingredients Market Dynamics
Rising awareness among people regarding the health and nutritional benefits of fermented dairy products, and increasing application of fermented ingredients in the production of alcoholic beverages are driving the growth of the fermented ingredient market in the region. Increasing application of amino acid in Southeast Asian countries to improve the shelf-life of seafood is further supporting the growth in Asia-Pacific fermented ingredients market. However, the availability of raw materials is not consistent in some parts of the region and high initial investments required for the industry reducing the profits are expected to restrain the market growth to some extent. Many food and beverage companies in the region are expanding their standard offerings into wholesome fermented beverages and including probiotics in their drink lines to attract health-conscious consumers.
Asia-Pacific Fermenetd Ingredients Market Segmentation Analysis
The dry form of fermented ingredients in Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period, due to its increasing application in the animal feed and paper industry. The food and beverage application segment is likely to hold the largest market share, owing to the increasing applications of fermented ingredients in the food and beverage industry to enhance the nutritional values of products. Moreover, the demand for natural polymers for the industrial application, especially in the pharmaceutical industry during the forecast period, owing to the increasing use of collagen in wound care products, as well as cellulose ethers used in pharmaceuticals, is likely to support the market growth.
Asia-Pacific Fermenetd Ingredients Market Regional Analysis
China represents a significant market share for fermented ingredients, owing to the increasing application of fermented ingredients in the pharmaceutical and animal feed industry. In the recent past, growth in the Asia-Pacific fermented ingredient market was driven by surging growth in the functional dairy product market in China and Japan, which are the major markets for fermentation ingredients in Asia-Pacific, subsequently followed by the rest of Asia-Pacific. Due to the rising consumption of fermented foods and beverages in the developing economies, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Fermenetd Ingredients Market Key Developments
Aug 2017: - Ajinomoto Co. Inc. signed an agreement to subcontract the manufacture of feed-use amino acids to Meihua Holdings Group of China.
- Mar 2018: Novozymes entered into a collaboration agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim to develop the market and sell a portfolio of probiotic products.
Asia-Pacific Fermenetd Ingredients Market Competitive Landscape
Major players are Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Koninklijke DSM NV, Chr. Hansen Holdings AS, Kerry Group, BASF SE, Lallemand Inc., Cargill Inc., Lonza Group, Döhler GmbH, and Novozymes AS, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Asia-Pacific Fermenetd Ingredients Market Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst supports, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Asia-Pacific Fermented Ingredient Market Research Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Research Phases
2. Asia-Pacific Fermented Ingredients Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.4.5 Degree of Competition
3. Asia-Pacific Fermented Ingredients Market Dynamics
4. Asia-Pacific Fermented Ingredients Market Segmentation
4.1 Ingredient Type
4.1.1 Amino Acids
4.1.2 Organic Acids
4.1.6 Industrial Enzymes
4.3 By Application
4.3.1 Food & beverages
5. Asia-Pacific Fermented Ingredients Market By Country
5.1 Asia-Pacific Fermented Ingredients Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.1 China Fermented Ingredients Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.2 India Fermented Ingredients Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.3 Japan Fermented Ingredients Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.4 Australia Fermented Ingredients Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific Fermented Ingredients Market Size (2018-2023)
6. Fermented Ingredients Market Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
7.2 Koninklijke DSM N.V.
7.3 Chr. Hansen Holdings A/S
7.4 Kerry Group
7.5 BASF SE
7.6 Lallemand Inc.
7.7 Cargill, Inc.
7.8 Lonza Group
7.9 Döhler Gmbh
7.10 Novozymes A/S