Asia-Pacific DC Distribution Networks Market
Market opportunity is always huge for a region such as Asia-Pacific, with its ever growing population and energy demand. Governments often forced to look for alternate sources of energy supply to meet the growing demand.
Expectations both on electricity distribution techniques and the distribution business are growing. The utilization of the DC low voltage distribution opens new possibilities for network development. For example, with the same voltage drop and the same 3~cable 16 times more power can be transmitted with a 1.5 kV DC-system than with 0.4 kV AC system.
The cost of the traditional HVDC system is high because of the need for filters, capacitors and other auxiliary equipment. The traditional HVDC system is designed for the transmission of large amounts of energy measured in hundred of megawatts. This system is not economical less for than 20 MW loads.
The price must be based on few data, as rated power, transmission distance, type of transmission and voltage level in the AC networks where the converters are going to be connected. When the voltage is lower the price goes down, so in distribution networks the total cost is lower than in the transmission ones.
Nowadays electricity distribution networks construct mainly of the three-phase AC systems. Consumer voltage in traditional distribution system is 230/400 V and the nominal frequency is 50 Hz. The utilization of the 1 kV distribution systems takes full advantage of LVD directives low voltage AC-system definition.
Although AC voltage rating is today used in its full capacity the DC voltage is still unexploited in distribution systems. Component prices of power electronics have constantly been decreasing in the last decade allowing power electronic devices to be used in greater number of applications. DC-distribution enables the improvement of the customers electricity quality beyond todays level with lower costs compared to AC systems.
The economical benefit can be achieved through the better transmission capacity of low voltage DC-distribution compared to low voltage AC-distribution. With the same costs of losses smaller conductors compared to AC distribution can be used. In addition to that there is no need for public 400 V low voltage distribution. The DC network could also be a good solution for connecting small scale DG to the distribution network.
What the Report Offers
· Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
· Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific DC distribution networks Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
· Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
· Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
· Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific DC distribution networks on both global and regional scale.
· A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Report Guidance
1.2 Markets Covered
1.3 Key Points Noted
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.2 Recent Developments in DC Distribution Networks
3.3 R & D Activities
3.4 Investment Opportunities
4. Drivers, Constraints and Opportunities
4.1.1 Increasing Energy Demand
4.1.2 Capable for Long Distance Transmission
4.1.3 Power Sharing Between Systems With Different Frequencies
4.2.1 High Equipment Costs
4.2.2 Need for Different Pylons
4.3.1 Under Sea Transmission Networks
5. DC Distribution Networks Value Chain Analysis
5.2 Equipment Manufacturers
5.3 Service Providers
6. Asia-Pacific DC Distribution Networks Market Analysis, by Country
6.2 Major Countries
126.96.36.199 Market Demand to 2020
188.8.131.52 Recent Trends and Opportunities
184.108.40.206 Investment Opportunities
220.127.116.11 Market Demand to 2020
18.104.22.168 Recent Trends and Opportunities
22.214.171.124 Investment Opportunities
126.96.36.199 Market Demand to 2020
188.8.131.52 Recent Trends and Opportunities
184.108.40.206 Investment Opportunities
6.2.4 Other Countries
7. Asia-Pacific DC Distribution Market Analysis, by End Use Application
7.2 DC Data Center Microgrids
7.3 Commercial Building Subsystems
7.4 Telecom/Village Power Systems
7.5 LED Lighting Anchors
7.6 Military Applications
7.7 Electric Vehicle Charging Systems
8.2 Market Share of Key Companies, by Geography
8.3 Market Share of Key Companies, by Equipment
9. Key Company Analysis
9.1 ABB Ltd.
9.2 Seimens AG.
9.3 Johnson Controls, Inc
9.5 ZBB Energy
9.6 Emerson Network Power
9.7 Philips Lighting
9.8 Pareto Energy
9.9 Pika Energy, Inc
9.10 Nextek Power Systems, Inc
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Deal Summary
10.1.2 Private Equity
10.1.3 Equity Offerings
10.1.4 Debt Offerings
10.1.6 Asset Transactions
10.2 Recent Developments
10.2.1 New Technology Inventions
10.2.2 New Contract Announcements
11.3 Market Definition
11.3.3 Secondary Research
11.3.4 Primary Research
11.3.5 Expert Panel Validation
11.4 Contact Us