The global aptamers market has been estimated to reach USD 401.30 million in 2023. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 17.89% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. North America dominates the market due to increasing technological advancements.
Advancements in the Field of Aptamer Development Technologies
Advancements in aptamer development technologies, increasing R&D expenditure, and rising number of companies investing in this market are some of the key driving factors responsible for the growth of this market. Numerous advantages offered by these small molecules, in comparison to established antibodies, have also led to higher demand for these molecules across a diverse range of medical applications. They are chemically synthesized, which eliminates batch-to-batch variation and demands less time for development. Along with this, continuous advancement in technologies is expected to stimulate growth.
Low Awareness Level and Incomplete Regulatory Policies Slow Down the Market Growth
Many aptamers have failed to meet the requisite safety and efficacy standards in clinical studies. Thus, companies have to terminate their clinical investigation during late-stage clinical studies. This factor is likely to affect the growth of this market negatively. In addition, other factors, such as low awareness about these technologies in middle- & low-income countries and inadequate regulatory structure, may hamper the overall growth.
North America to Dominate the Market
The aptamers market is segmented by type of treatment and geography. By geography, it is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America.
North America dominates the aptamers market due to rapid technological advancements and high investment & funding to support the development of aptamers. Asia-Pacific is also expected to propel the aptamers market, owing to factors, such as increasing research & development activities and economic growth.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: Base Pair Biotechnologies closed a USD 3.2 million Series A-3 financing round. Base Pair provides custom aptamer discovery and development services, as well as a line of catalog aptamers. The company said it would use the financing to acquire new lab instruments and other technology in order to expand its cellular and molecular analysis capabilities, as well as to expand its team.
- December 2017: Caris Life Sciences identified new mechanism of action for an aptamer with therapeutic potential to treat non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Major key players: Somalogic Inc., Aptamer Group, Aptamer Sciences Inc., Base Pair Biotechnologies Inc., Noxxon Pharma, Vivonics Inc.., Aptagen LLC, etc.
Reasons to Purchase This Report
- Market analysis for the global aptamers market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on both global and regional scales
- Analyzing various perspectives of the company with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Porter’s Five Forces
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threats of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 High Advantage of Aptamers Compared to Antibodies
6.1.2 Advancements in the Field of Aptamer Development Technologies
6.1.3 Growing Interest of Many Companies to Invest in Aptamers Market
6.1.4 Promising Pipeline Therapeutics
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 Rising Number of Setbacks of Aptamer Therapeutics in Late Stage Clinical Studies
6.2.2 Low Awareness Level and Incomplete Regulatory Policies Slow Down the Market Growth
6.4 Key Challenges
7. Global Aptamers Market Segmentation
7.1 By Type
7.1.1 Nucleic Acid
7.2 By Application
7.2.3 Research and Development
7.3 By Geography
7.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of APAC
7.3.4 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7.3.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations and Partnerships
8.3 New Product Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Somalogic, Inc.
9.2 Aptamer Group
9.3 Aptamer Sciences, Inc.
9.4 Base Pair Biotechnologies, Inc.
9.5 Noxxon Pharma
9.6 Vivonics Inc.
9.7 Aptagen, LLC
10. Future of the Market