Antiviral Coatings Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 14.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Antiviral Coatings Market Analysis
The global antiviral coatings market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 14% during the forecast period.
- COVID-19 negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, the market reached pre-pandemic levels in 2022 and is expected to grow steadily in the future.
- High demand from the construction sector and the increasing development of antiviral coating products are expected to drive the market. The high cost of raw materials and the high cost of applying antiviral coatings are expected to hinder the market's growth.
- The Asia-Pacific region dominates the global market, with the largest consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Antiviral Coatings Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Antiviral Coatings Market according to our research experts:
High Demand from Construction Segment
- In the construction industry, antiviral coatings are commonly used to eliminate viruses on material surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, railings, floorings, and walls. Some paint manufacturers add microbe-killing agents to paint and primer coatings, while others have created coatings leveraging other chemical capabilities.
- For example, organosilanes are silicon-based nanocoatings that form a highly abrasive surface for viruses and bacteria, effectively ripping them apart. A chemical compound, quaternary ammonium, typically used in disinfectants, causes cell leakage and the eventual death of microbes. Other strategies include photocatalytic and superhydrophobic coatings, which both exhibit self-cleaning functionalities.
- The construction industry is expanding significantly in several countries, which is expected to surge the demand for antiviral coatings in the construction segment. For example, According to the US Census Bureau, the annual value for new construction in the United States was USD 1,626.4 billion in 2021, compared to USD 1,499.6 billion in 2020, supporting the market's growth during the forecast period.
- Also, India is expanding its commercial construction sector. Several projects have been going on in the country. For instance, the CommerzIII Commercial Office Complex construction worth USD 900 million started in Q1 2022. The project involves the construction of a 43-story commercial office complex with a permissible floor area of 2,60,128 square meters in Goregaon, Mumbai. The project is expected to be completed in Q4 2027. Hence, these projects will increase the demand for antiviral coatings during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, in February 2022, Nippon Holdings introduced new antiviral paint products to the lineup of its brand- PROTECTON for interior wall and floor coating purposes in architectural applications, supporting the market's growth.
- The above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the demand for antiviral coatings in the construction industry during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to drive the demand for antiviral coatings during the forecast period due to increased demand from several industries such as healthcare, construction, home appliance, healthcare, textile, etc., from countries like India and China.
- In April 2022, Scientists at Nara Medical University, Kanagawa Institute of Industrial Science and Technology, and Tokyo Institute of Technology developed a new photocatalyst antiviral coating that is effective against different variants of COVID-19.
- Furthermore, in September 2022, one of the top paint manufacturers in India, Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd. (KNPL), developed Excel Virus Guard, the country's first antiviral paint. This interior emulsion paint contains active antiviral and anti-microbial qualities that keep 99.9% of germs away, driving the market's growth significantly.
- Furthermore, the increasing usage of antiviral coatings in the construction sector will provide a huge market demand as China encompasses 20% of all construction investments globally. According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) of China, the output value of the construction works in the country accounted for USD 3.77 trillion in 2021, representing an increase of more than 11% compared to 2020, thereby enhancing the demand for the market studied.
- In February 2022, the National Development Council (NDC), the top economic planning body in Taiwan, stated that government agencies had proposed a total of TWD 180 billion (USD 6.47 billion) for the fourth phase of the country's forward-looking infrastructure development plan. The proposed budget would be used from 2023-2024
- Therefore, such product innovations and expanding construction, textile, electronic sector, etc., are expected to drive the demand for antiviral coatings significantly in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Antiviral Coatings Industry Overview
The global antiviral coatings market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include BioFence, Graphene CA, Nano-Care Deutschland AG, Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd., and Arkema, among others.
Antiviral Coatings Market Leaders
Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
Nano-Care Deutschland AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Antiviral Coatings Market News
- August 2022: PPG announced that two of its industry-leading antimicrobial and antiviral products were recognized with 2022 R&D 100 awards in the mechanical/materials category - The company stated that the Copper Armor antimicrobial paint by PPG with Corning Guardiant technology and Comex Vinimex Total antiviral and antibacterial paint were both honored with the award
- February 2022: Nippon Paint added two new antiviral water-based paint products to its lineup, the PROTECTON brand. The new products are antiviral and antibacterial coating products for floors and interior walls.
Antiviral Coatings Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 High Demand from the Construction Sector
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 High Cost of Applying Antiviral Coatings
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.4 Other Material Types
5.2.2 Home Appliances
5.2.4 Textiles and Apparel
5.2.5 Other Applications
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.3 Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
6.4.4 Nano-Care Deutschland AG
6.4.7 Grand Polycoats
6.4.8 Novapura AG
6.4.9 Kastus Technologies Company Limited
6.4.10 Bio Gate AG
6.4.11 KOBE STEEL, LTD.
6.4.12 PPG Industries, Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Antiviral Coatings Market Research FAQs
What is the current Antiviral Coatings Market size?
The Antiviral Coatings Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 14% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Antiviral Coatings Market?
GrapheneCA, BioFence, Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd., Nano-Care Deutschland AG and Arkema are the major companies operating in the Antiviral Coatings Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Antiviral Coatings Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Antiviral Coatings Market?
In 2023, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Antiviral Coatings Market.
Antiviral Coatings Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Antiviral Coatings market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Antiviral Coatings analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.