Antifog Additives Market Snapshot
|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The antifog additives market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
COVID-19 has positively impacted the food packaging industry due to increased consumer awareness of fresh and safe deliveries, which is expected to boost the market for antifog films. For instance, according to the Ministry of Foof and Drug Safety (MFDS), processed food and vegetable imports in South Korea increased by around 6,000 ton in 2020 to hit 281,222 ton, compared to 275,424 ton in 2019. The revenue from the global food and beverage industry was valued at over USD 240 billion in 2020, which increased significantly from approximately USD 158 billion in 2019. Antifog additives, which are predominantly used in the production of films, create antifogging properties, thus protecting vegetables, fruits, meat, etc. Owing to these factors, the market for antifog additives is estimated to grow substantially through the forecast period.
· Over the medium term, increasing demand for agricultural and food packaging films and growing demand for coating films for mirrors and goggles are expected to drive the market.
· Strict government policies, hazardous waste production at the time of film production, and the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic act as restraints for market growth.
· On the other hand, there is a demand from the food and beverage sector for the packaging of processed foods to prevent the packaged food from spoiling and the formation of fog, which reduces visibility. This is projected to propel the antifog additives market.
· Asia-Pacific holds the largest market share, with the highest demand coming from India, China, and Japan.
Scope of the Report
The chemicals that prevent water condensation in small droplets on surfaces are known as antifog additives. The antifog additives market is segmented by type, application, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into glycerol esters, polyglycerol esters, sorbitan esters of fatty acids, and other types. By application, the market is segmented into film production, coating films for mirrors, biopolymers, polyethylene terephthalate, and polyvinyl chloride. The report also covers the market sizes and forecasts for the antifog additives market in 14 countries across major regions. The market sizing and forecasts have been done for each segment based on revenue (in USD million).
|Sorbitan Esters of Fatty Acids|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Films Production Sector
· Growing population, degrading soil quality, scarcity of food, and agricultural organizations’ focus toward increasing the crop yield and quality are expected to propel the demand for antifog additives over the forecast period.
· The agriculture industry has benefited from using antifog additives for producing agricultural films, owing to improved light transmission, which leads to better plant growth, earlier crop maturity, and higher crop yield per plant.
· According to IBEF, essential agricultural commodities export increased by 43% to reach USD 7.3 billion from April to September 2020, compared to USD 5.1 billion during the same period in 2019.
· Antifog additives also help reduce the burning of plants and crop spoilage, which leads to increasing demand in the agricultural films sector.
· Increasing sales of packaged foods have led to the growth of antifog additives demand as the product helps in maintaining clarity and transparency so that the customer can see the contents of the packaged item clearly.
· In North America, the United States is the largest consumer of packaged goods, followed by Canada and Mexico. The changing trends in consumer behavior and manufacturers’ convenience are resulting in faster growth of the packaging market in the country. In the United States, the packaging market is estimated to be worth USD 280.3 billion in 2022. The US packaging market is estimated to witness a CAGR of about 3.5%, in terms of revenue, during 2021-2026.
· The revenue from the global food and beverage industry is expected to reach over USD 276 billion in 2021. The revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate of over 8.2% and is projected to reach over USD 379 billion by 2025.
· The revenues from the food and beverage sector in India and China are projected to show a CAGR of over 10% and 8%, respectively, which is expected to stimulate the demand of the antifog additives market.
· Owing to the aforementioned factors, the antifog additives market is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
· The growing awareness about the benefits of using antifog additives in food and agricultural packaging in countries of Asia-Pacific, particularly in India, China, and Japan, has propelled the antifog additives market.
· The availability of large arable land in countries like China and India and the increasing adoption of technological advancements in agriculture to yield high-quality crops will likely stimulate the market growth of antifog additives.
· Further, the gradual shifting of people toward packaged and processed food due to hectic lifestyles is expected to enhance the demand for antifog additives. According to Interpak, in China, total packaging in the foodstuff packaging category is expected to reach 447 billion units in 2023.
· The strict rules and regulations imposed by the governments of countries like India and China have changed the market dynamics and have increased the focus on using antifog additives for food packaging and processing.
· India is one of the major consumers of packaged foods and beverages. According to the Packaging Industry Association of India (PIAI), the packaging industry is expected to grow at 22% during the forecast period. However, this growth was affected during 2020 due to the halted manufacturing activities in the first quarter of 2020.
· The demand for frozen foods in India is expected to witness a growth rate of approximately 17% in the next few years. Moreover, with the Indian government focusing on the food processing sector, the supply of processed agri-foods is expected to rise over the next five years, which, in turn, may stimulate the demand for antifog additives in the country.
· According to IBEF, in India, 55% of the packaging uses plastic, among which PVC films are widely used, dominating the food packaging market.
· In Japan, the food and beverage industry is expected to reach over USD 31 billion by 2025. This growth can be attributed to the increase in the demand for packaged foods and beverages, coupled with the increasing affordability of consumers. This expected growth in the food and beverage industry is estimated to influence the demand in the market positively.
· The aforementioned factors, along with government support, have helped the growth of the antifog additives market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The antifog additives market is fragmented with players accounting for marginal shares of the market. Some of the companies in the market are LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V. , Croda International PLC, Emery Oleochemicals, Avient, and DuPont.
- In Dember 2020, Emery Oleochemicals announced a new distributor agreement with IMCD. IMCD Benelux will represent Emery’s Green Polymer Additives business unit to distribute and provide technical support for Emery’s natural-based lubricants, antistatic and antifogging agents, release agents, as well as their special plasticizers.
- In August 2018, LyondellBasell completed its acquisition of A.Schulman, Inc., a global supplier of performance plastic compounds, composites, and powders.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand in Agricultural and Food Packaging Films
4.1.2 Growing Demand In Making Coating Films for Mirrors and Goggles
4.2.1 Fluctuation in Prices
4.2.2 Hazardous Waste Production During Film Production
4.2.3 Negative Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Glycerol Esters
5.1.2 Polyglycerol Esters
5.1.3 Sorbitan Esters of Fatty Acids
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2.1 Films Production
5.2.3 Coating Films
5.2.4 Polyethylene Terephthalate
5.2.5 Polyvinyl Chloride
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.3 Croda International PLC
6.4.5 Emery Oleochemicals
6.4.6 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.7 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
6.4.9 PCC Chemax, Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Awareness About Usage of Antifog Additives in Processed Food
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Antifog Additives Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Antifog Additives Market?
The Antifog Additives Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Antifog Additives Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Antifog Additives Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Antifog Additives Market?
Emery Oleochemicals , Croda International Plc, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Avient, DuPont are the major companies operating in Antifog Additives Market.