Agricultural Inoculants Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Agricultural Inoculants Market Analysis
The agricultural inoculants market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period.
- The growing application of agricultural inoculants on turf grass, soil quality, environmental concerns, and research studies on biodegradable fertilizers' effectiveness are the prime drivers of the inoculant market. Low levels of nutrients and moisture in the soils, excessive usage of chemical fertilizers, and growing environmental concerns are some major challenges in the global agricultural sector. There is also a rise in the demand and popularity of sustainable agriculture through organic farming.
- Agricultural inoculants are emerging as a potential solution to synchronize nutrient release as per the requirement of plants. Additionally, various government initiatives promote the adoption of inoculants to spread awareness of microbial inoculants globally. This resulted in a shift from conventional to organic farming practices and encouraging the use of agricultural inoculants. For example, FERTIBIO, an Italian Operational Group, uses microorganisms and biomaterials to develop innovative bioinoculants to cultivate food and feed crops. Such factors are anticipated to boost the market’s growth.
- The use of microbial inoculants is becoming increasingly popular in agriculture, as they offer a natural and sustainable alternative to chemical fertilizers and pesticides. These inoculants include beneficial bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms that can help to promote plant growth and health, increase soil fertility, and improve crop yields.
- According to a study by the University of Sheffield’s Grantham Centre for Sustainable Futures, soil degradation has been occurring rapidly and the rate of erosion is 100 times greater than the rate of soil formation. It is because of intensive farming practices and excessive residues of chemical fertilizers. Therefore, there is increasing demand for sustainable agriculture globally, which is driving the farmers to t low-cost, efficient, and integrated nutrient management systems. This factor may boost the demand for inoculants globally.
Agricultural Inoculants Industry Segmentation
Agricultural inoculants, also known as beneficial microorganisms, can be used as amendments for soil and plants in agriculture. Various microorganisms are used in agriculture as plant growth promoters, nutrient providers, and plant-protecting natural elements. The Agricultural Inoculants Market is Segmented by Function (Crop Nutrition and Crop Protection), Microorganism (Bacteria, Fungi, and Other Microorganisms), Mode of Application (Seed Inoculation and Soil Inoculation), Crop Type (Grains and Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds, Commercial Crops, Fruits and Vegetables, and Other Crop Types), and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa). The report offers market size and forecast by value (USD million) for the above segments.
|Mode of Application|
|Grains and Cereals|
|Pulses and Oilseeds|
|Fruits and Vegetables|
Agricultural Inoculants Market Trends
Growing Popularity of Organic and Eco-friendly Farming Practices
Currently, agricultural practices are witnessing a trend shift from conventional to organic farming. This shift can be attributed to growing health consciousness and concerns about environmental safety, soil health, and agricultural sustainability. According to the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), the area under organic cultivation increased from 70.9 million ha in 2018 to 76.4 million ha in 2021, with 187 countries practicing organic agriculture. This indicates the growing demand for organic solutions such as inoculants, further leading to increased investments in localized research, involvement of private and public sectors in the production of these inoculants, the establishment of effective regulations, and the promotion of a favorable environment for the growth of the market. Thus, rising acreage and increasing consumer demand for clean products are expected to positively influence the agricultural inoculants market during the forecast period.
Microbial inoculants offer a natural and sustainable alternative to synthetic inputs, as they can improve soil health, increase nutrient availability, and protect against diseases. Additionally, the use of microbial inoculants can help to reduce the environmental impact of agriculture by reducing the amount of synthetic inputs needed and promoting more sustainable farming practices. As a result, the demand for microbial inoculants is increasing among farmers who are looking for ways to reduce their environmental footprint and produce healthier, more sustainable crops.
In modern agriculture, the use of fertilizers and pesticides is very high and causing critical problems, such as soil pollution, microbial imbalance, reduction in soil fertility and productivity, loss of natural biocontrol agents, and beneficial organisms. Additionally, the emerging resistance in insects is driving interest for alternatives, such as agricultural inoculants. Therefore, agricultural inoculants play an important role in ensuring plant health, soil fertility, and agricultural sustainability.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is the Fastest-growing Market
Microbial inoculants are widely accepted as potential alternatives or complements to chemical fertilizers and pesticides in agriculture. However, there remains a lack of knowledge regarding their application and effects under field conditions. During the 2015-2020 period, China, India, and the U.S. have been the leading countries in microbial inoculants research. The developing regions around the world are in direct need of microbial inoculants for the sustainable development of food security. This will boost the inoculants market in coming years.
Currently, Southeast Asian palm plantations holds 85% share of the world’s palm oil market. However, the actual situation is severe due to the high damage done to the soil to gain a higher yield in a short time, which is causing various blights or obstacles to continuous cropping by the pathogenic bacteria from losing microbial balance in the soil. Thus, a way has been established a to produce microbial materials to suppress the target pathogenic bacteria by using original composting technology. Now, the companies are developing, producing, and marketing the microbial materials in collaboration with palm plantation, that aims to create a new plantation system that cultivates crops while enriching the bacterial flora of the soil. Thus, there is an expansion in the creation of sustainable economic value.
The fungal and bacterial inoculants promotes plant growth by enhancing nutrient acquisition and growth hormones. They also increase the resistance in plants against plant pathogens and the surface area of the root system for better absorption of nutrients from the soil. Therefore, they have been used as inoculants and as biocontrol agents across various crops such as cereals in the region. The rapid rise in population with inadequate food production demands sustainable agriculture practices in the Asia, including integrated nutrient management practices such as the use of agricultural inoculants. This is expected to grow the market in sustainable way during the forecasting period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Agricultural Inoculants Industry Overview
The agricultural inoculants market is fragmented and few international players have diverse and expanding product portfolios to occupy a higher market share. They are also engaged in acquisitions and agreements. The major players are focusing on R&D activities, expansion of product portfolios, geographical expansion, and aggressive acquisition strategies. Some of the leading players like Novozymes, Rhizobacter, Premier Techy, Advanced Biological Marketing. and BASF SE are dominating the studied market.
Agricultural Inoculants Market Leaders
Advanced Biological MArketing (ABM)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Agricultural Inoculants Market News
- September 2022: Syngenta Seedcare and Bioceres Crop Solutions collaborated to bring innovative biological seed treatments, including inoculants to the market. Through this partnership, Syngenta SeedCare became the exclusive global commercialization distributor of Bioceres' biological solutions except in Argentina.
- July 2022: GroundWork BioAG, a major supplier of unique cost-effective mycorrhizal inoculants to large-scale mainstream agriculture in Brazil and globally, partially acquired NovaTero BioAg, their exclusive distribution partner in Brazil for the past few years. This acquisition would strengthen the distribution wing of the company and enable it to penetrate even better into new markets worldwide.
- May 2022: Lavie Bio Ltd., a subsidiary of Evogene Ltd., and a leading agricultural biologicals company has announced the successful product launch of its bio-inoculant 'Result' for the 2022 spring wheat growing season in the United States. 'Result' is a microbial-based inoculant, formulated in addition to existing seed treatment products, that improves plant roots uptake and efficiency of nutrients from the soil, increasing yield and improving growers profitability, while contributing to environmental sustainability and soil health.
Agricultural Inoculants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Crop Nutrition
5.1.2 Crop Protection
126.96.36.199 Other Bacteria
188.8.131.52 Other Fungi
5.2.3 Other Microorganisms
5.3 Mode of Application
5.3.1 Seed Inoculation
5.3.2 Soil Inoculation
5.4 Crop Type
5.4.1 Grains and Cereals
5.4.2 Pulses and Oilseeds
5.4.3 Commercial Crops
5.4.4 Fruits and Vegetables
5.4.5 Other Applications
5.5.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Advanced Biological Marketing Inc.
6.3.2 BASF SE
6.3.3 Premier Tech
6.3.4 Lallemond Inc.
6.3.6 Mapleton Agri Biotec Pty Ltd
6.3.8 New Edge Microbials Pty Ltd
6.3.9 T.Stanes & Company Limited
6.3.10 AEA Investors (Verdesian Life Sciences LLC)
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Agricultural Inoculants Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Agricultural Inoculants Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Agricultural Inoculants Market?
The Agricultural Inoculants Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Agricultural Inoculants Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Agricultural Inoculants Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Agricultural Inoculants Market?
Novozymes, Rhizobacter, Premier Techy, Advanced Biological MArketing (ABM), BASF SE are the major companies operating in Agricultural Inoculants Market.
Global Agricultural Inoculants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Agricultural Inoculants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Agricultural Inoculants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.