|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The market globally for Aerospace Foams is valued at USD 4348 million in 2020 and is expected to register CAGR of greater than 6% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Many aerospace companies face overwhelming competitive challenges and unknown skies as they continue to respond to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The passenger demand is so low because of the pandemic that corresponding travel restrictions and economic recession have forced airlines to find ways to cut costs. Many cost-cutting measures come from the cancellation or postponement of aircraft orders. According to Accenture's report, the total deliveries of Airbus and Boeing dropped by 58% in the first half of 2020.
- Over the short term, the major factor driving the market studied is the increasing demand for Light Weight and Fuel-Efficient Aircrafts.
- Commercial aviation is the largest segment in the Aerospace Foams Market and is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- The production of Polyurethane (PU) Foams is still highly petroleum-dependent, so this industry must adapt to ever more strict regulations and rigorous consumers. This acts as a restraint to the market.
Scope of the Report
The aerospace foams market is segmented by type, application, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into Polyurethane, Polyimide, Metal Foams, Melamine, Polyethylene, Others. By application, the market is segmented into Commercial Aviation, Military Aviation, Business & General Aviation and Space Aviation. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the aerospace foams market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Business and General Aviation|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Commercial Aviation
- The decreasing fuel price fluctuations and the increasing operational efficiencies have supported the growth of commercial aircraft operations in the past few years.
- The global commercial aerospace market was valued to be USD 865 million in 2019 and USD 690 million in 2020, even after being impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Moreover, the global commercial fleet is forecasted to witness an annual growth rate of over 3%, with the total active fleet expected to reach around 48,500 by 2037.nThe increasing air travel rates, majorly in emerging economies in Asia-Pacific and South America, along with increasing disposable incomes around the world, have been driving the growth in the aircraft fleet globally. The increasing volumes of passengers and the increasing retirements are expected to drive the need for 44,040 new jets, valued at USD 6.8 trillion, over the next two decades. The global commercial fleet is expected to reach 50,660 airplanes by 2038, with all the new airplanes and jets would remain in service considered.
- Additionally, according to the Boeing Commercial Market Outlook 2020-39, around 8,810 new commercial aircraft deliveries are expected to be made in Europe from 2020 to 2039, which will increase the number of commercial aircraft in the region to 9,050, which is expected to enhance the demand for aerospace foams during the manufacture of these aircraft in the coming years, thereby boosting the market studied.
- However, as per the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the industry reported a loss of USD 370 billion in sales due to the spread of COVID-19. The airlines around Europe and Asia are expected to struggle due to the travel bans imposed worldwide. This may further delay future orders from the airline companies, which may recover after the containment of the pandemic.
- Polymer material solutions offer a wide range of uses in the aerospace and aviation industries, and top commercial aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing have utilized them. The open-cell foam insulation and vibration isolation mounts are lightweight and fire-resistant and improve passenger comfort, fuel efficiency, and installation costs. As the worldwide commercial aircraft industry grows due to rising airways travelers, so does the demand for safe, lightweight, and comfortable seating materials, which, as a result, are expected to increase the growth of the market studied.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Dominate the Market
- Presently, North America is the largest market for Aerospace Industry across the globe. Aerospace manufacturers in North America are expected to expand their operations on account of rising number of air passengers, and increasing military expenditure in the country in recent times. Some of the leading airline manufacturers such as Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Bombardier, and Boeing have been investing on new manufacturing and repair activities in the Untied States lately.
- United States is the largest aviation market in North America and has one of the largest number of fleet size in the world, hence one of the largest market of aerospace foams. United Airlines and American Airlines have the largest fleet size among all with 800 fleet size.
- According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the total commercial aircraft fleet is expected to reach 8,270 in 2037, owing to the growth in air cargo. Also, the US mainliner carrier fleet is expected to grow at a rate of 54 aircraft per year, due to the existing fleet getting older.
- Strong exports of aerospace components to countries, such as France, China, and Germany, along with robust consumer spending in the United States, have been driving the manufacturing activities in the aerospace industry, which can induce a positive momentum for the market of aerospace foams.
- Globally, Canada ranks first in civil flight simulation, third in civil engine production, and fourth in civil aircraft production. It is the only nationally ranked in the top five of all the key categories. The Canadian aerospace industry exports over 70% of its products to over 190 countries, across six continents. The major airline such as Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge has been clients of Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, Mitsubishi, and De Havilland as the major OEMs of aircrafts.
- According to the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada (AIAC), the aerospace sector generates CAD 31 billion (USD 23 billion) in annual revenue. Approximately 80% of Canada’s aerospace sector is civil-oriented, and 20% is military-oriented. Montréal is the world’s third-largest aerospace hub after Seattle, Washington, and Toulouse, France.
- Owing to all these factors, the demand for aerospace foams is projected to grow in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global aerospace foams market is partially consolidated among top level players; however, boast a presence of various mid sized players in the global market. The major companies include Greiner AG, BASF SE, Evonik Industries, Rogers Corporation, and Solvay, among others.
- In June 2021, Diab Group announced the acquisition of ULTEM foam production line from SABIC. It will incorporate the ULTEM resin-based foam into its current portfolio under the name Divinycell U, and will further the development of the resin-based foam with support from SABIC.
- In March 2021, Recticel Flexible Foams and FoamPartner will now be merged to form the Recticel Engineered Foams business line. The new organization will leverage numerous synergies in resources and talents to promote excellence, grow its worldwide presence and accelerate the commercialization of sustainable innovations and leading-edge solutions to global markets.
- In April 2020, Greiner AG acquires Eurofoam, a leading manufacturer of flexible polyurethane foams in Central and Eastern Europe. It now increases its share from 50% to 100% in the joint venture with Reciticel S.A.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for the Light Weight and Fuel Efficient Aircrafts
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Stringent Regulations Regarding the Use of PU Foams
4.2.2 Negative Impact of COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.3 Metal Foams
5.1.6 Other Types
5.2.1 Commercial Aviation
5.2.2 Military Aviation
5.2.3 Business and General Aviation
5.3.1 Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share** Analysis/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Aerofoam Industries LLC
6.4.3 BASF SE
6.4.4 Boyd Corporation
6.4.5 Diab Group
6.4.7 ERG Aerospace Corporation
6.4.8 Evonik Industries
6.4.9 General Plastics Manufacturing Company
6.4.10 Grand Rapids Foam Technologies
6.4.11 Greiner AG
6.4.12 Rogers Corporation
6.4.14 Technifab Inc.
6.4.15 UFP Technologies
6.4.16 Zotefoams PLC
6.4.17 Recticel NV/SA
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Trends toward Bio-based PU Foams Manufacturing
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Aerospace Foams Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Aerospace Foams Market?
The Aerospace Foams Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
What is Aerospace Foams Market size in 2016?
The Aerospace Foams Market is valued at 4348 Million USD in 2016.
Which region has highest growth rate in Aerospace Foams Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Aerospace Foams Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Aerospace Foams Market?
BASF SE, Evonik Industries, Solvay, Greiner AG , Rogers Corporation are the major companies operating in Aerospace Foams Market.