3D Reconstruction Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018- 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
3D Reconstruction Market Analysis
The 3D reconstruction market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.6% over the next five years. 3D reconstruction can be used across a wide range of applications, including art analysis and restoration, phenotype analysis, film and game graphics, and design, among others. The applications in the end-user and commercial sector have been among the prominent factors prompting vendors to invest in technological developments.
- The 3D reconstruction market has been gaining significant traction over the past few years due to its increasing applications in the healthcare, manufacturing, and media and entertainment industries. The growing demand from the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) industries to provide users with immersive virtual experiences may also drive the demand for the 3D reconstruction market over the forecast period.
- 3D reconstruction of buildings has been an active research topic in computer vision and digital photogrammetry during the past years. 3D building models are gaining increasing popularity in the areas of urban planning, tourism, etc. Owing to these advancements, the market is expected to register promising growth during the forecast period.
- The advent of deep learning techniques and, most importantly, the increased availability of large training data sets led to a new generation of methods that can recover objects' 3D geometry and structure without using any complex camera calibration process. The advent of advanced cameras in the past few years further propelled the 3D reconstruction market.
- The emergence of the Metaverse also creates opportunities for the application of 3D reconstruction, as the Metaverse heavily depends on the 3D recreation of scenes. Businesses are developing their projects to use cutting-edge technology, such as 3D reconstruction, to make the Metaverse more powerful and provide users with an immersive visual experience.
- 3D reconstruction can help preserve cultural artifacts, architecture, biofacts or ecofacts, and cultural landscapes by capturing their shape and appearance. For instance, in March last year, the Cultural Affairs Bureau of Macau announced using 3D technology to reconstruct the city's iconic Ruins of St. Paul's for guided virtual tours for visitors. Following the 3D reconstruction, tourists and residents can enjoy guided tours in the English, Portuguese, Cantonese, and Mandarin after a period of testing and adjustment.
- The COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted the growth of the 3D reconstruction market due to the closure of the potential end-user industries such as manufacturing, media, and entertainment. However, the demand for 3D reconstruction solutions surged in the healthcare sector to diagnose and manage COVID-19 patients.
3D Reconstruction Industry Segments
3D reconstruction is a process that allows the user to capture the shape and appearance of real objects. This process can be accomplished by two methods, namely, active and passive methods of construction.
The 3D reconstruction market is segmented by type of construction solution (software and services), end-user industry (media and entertainment, aerospace and defense, manufacturing, and healthcare), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
|By Type of Construction Solution|
|By End-user Industry|
|Media and Entertainment|
|Aerospace and Defense|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle East and Africa|
3D Reconstruction Market Trends
3D Reconstruction Software Segment is Expected to Gain the Largest Share
- With continuous technological advancements and product innovations, 3D printing technology is being applied in many areas, leading to the adoption of many reconstruction software solutions for multi-view images. The software solutions used in various applications are GIS applications, media and entertainment, cultural heritage, manufacturing, healthcare, etc.
- The 3D reconstruction software segment is witnessing significant demand in the healthcare sector. 3D reconstruction technology helps visualize 3D models representing neuron morphology for fluorescent confocal images, which help provide accurate and complete characterizations. This technology makes it possible to reconstruct a single neuron with sub-micron resolution or a large neuron system with a feature size of millimeters.
- For instance, Philips' XperCT, a 3D reconstruction software CT-like imaging to interventional systems, allows the user to access soft tissue, bone structure, stent deployment, and tumor feeders. It also helps in avoiding structures during procedures.
- The growing digitalization and investments, coupled with the increasing use of advanced technologies such as AI and 3D reconstruction in the healthcare sector, may create opportunities for the adoption of 3D reconstruction software in the coming years. For instance, according to StartUp Health, digital health industry funding increased from USD 11.8 billion in 2017 to USD 44 billion in 2021.
- 3D reconstruction uses various approaches, such as 123D Catch, PhotoScan, photo tourism, VideoTrace, KinectFusion, and ProFORMA, with multiple inputs, like image collections, single images, and video footage. Currently, 3D reconstructions have issues with shiny, textureless, or occluded surfaces. However, introducing advanced 3D reconstruction software with enhanced features is expected to drive the software segment in the coming years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold the Largest Share in the Market
- North America is expected to dominate the overall 3D reconstruction technology market during the forecast period. Several regional governments have adopted 3D reconstruction technology for site assessments and investigations, crime scene reconstruction using 3D computers, and situational awareness.
- In addition, the US media and entertainment industry is gaining significant traction in terms of 3D construction adoption, which may significantly drive the market over the forecast. The presence of various prominent vendors and the early adoption of advanced technologies in the region would pave the way for the growth of the 3D reconstruction market in the region over the forecast period.
- With the increasing drive in the region to restore historical sites, governments, including various educational institutions and private organizations, are taking part in such restoration initiatives. Initiatives like these are expected to boost the 3D reconstruction market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market vendors in the region are focusing on product innovations with the integration of advanced technology, which is expected to create growth opportunities for the market. For instance, in December last year, Omron Automation Americas, one of the global leaders in automated optical inspection (AOI), automated x-ray inspection (AXI), and solder paste inspection (SPI), announced the launch of two new AOI systems at IPC Apex 2023 in San Diego: the VT-Z600 and VT-S1040. The VT-S1040 is also intended for pre/post-reflow inspection. It also features MDMC illumination and includes AI-assisted microphase shift (MPS) 3D reconstruction, further improving defect detection and first-pass yields while reducing false calls.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
3D Reconstruction Market Competitor Analysis
The 3D reconstruction market is consolidated due to a few major players holding significant market shares. Vendors in the 3D reconstruction market focus on continuous product innovation, coupled with involving in mergers, partnerships, and acquisition activities. The ability of these firms to constantly innovate in this field has allowed them to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors.
- October 2022 - RSIP Vision, one of the leaders in driving innovation for medical imaging through computer vision solutions and advanced AI, announced the launch of a new tool for 3D reconstruction of the ureter. The tool transforms 2D fluoroscopic images of the ureter into a medical-grade 3D model. The physician will use the reconstructed model for procedural planning, diagnosis, and real-time navigation during a procedure.
- July 2022 - Skyline Software Systems Inc. announced that Pasco Corporation, a leading engineering and survey company in Japan and a key partner in its Global Reseller Network, launched TerraExplorer in the Japanese market. TerraExplorer is a cutting-edge 3D GIS desktop viewer and creator that provides powerful tools and a high-resolution 3D environment to view, query, analyze, and present geospatial data.
3D Reconstruction Market Top Players
Koninklijke Philips NV
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
3D Reconstruction Market Recent Developments
- September 2022 - 3D reconstruction start-up Preimage announced to raise INR 14 crore ( USD 1.7 million) in a seed funding round led by pi Ventures. The 3D reconstruction start-up will use the funding to scale its product build and boost hiring across business functions. The investment will also build a robust go-to-market product for drone-based mapping and surveying.
- May 2022 - Dutch medical robotics company Vitestro launched an advanced autonomous blood drawing device. The new device combines ultrasound-guided 3D reconstruction and artificial intelligence (AI) with robotic needle insertion to ensure the precise and secure collection of blood.
3D Reconstruction Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Technology Snapshot
4.3.1 Active Method of Reconstruction
4.3.2 Passive Method of Reconstruction
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increased Adoption of 3D Technology in Maintenance
5.1.2 Technological Advancements in the Field of Cameras
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Skilled Professionals
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Construction Solution
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.1 Media and Entertainment
6.2.2 Aerospace and Defense
6.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Pix4D SA
7.1.2 Koninklijke Philips NV
7.1.3 Agisoft LLC
7.1.4 PhotoModeler Technologies
7.1.5 Intel Corporation
7.1.6 Matterport Inc.
7.1.7 Faro Technologies Inc.
7.1.8 Autodesk Inc.
7.1.9 General Electric Company
7.1.10 Vi3Dim Technologies
7.1.11 Quorum Technologies Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
3D Reconstruction Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The 3D Reconstruction Market market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of 3D Reconstruction Market?
The 3D Reconstruction Market is growing at a CAGR of 11.6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in 3D Reconstruction Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in 3D Reconstruction Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in 3D Reconstruction Market?
Pix4D SA, Koninklijke Philips NV, Agisoft LLC, PhotoModeler Technologies, Intel Corporation are the major companies operating in 3D Reconstruction Market.
3D Reconstruction Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the 3D Reconstruction sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The 3D Reconstruction research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the 3D Reconstruction report PDF.