Wi-Fi Range Extender Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Wi-Fi Range Extender Market Analysis
The Wi-Fi range extender market is expected to register a CAGR of 10.8 % during the forecast period. The market is expected to witness robust growth over the forecast period due to the growing demand for internet access and the increasing number of consumer electronics devices globally, primarily in the residential sector.
- The ease of installation and cost benefits associated with the purchase of an extender compared to adding another Wi-Fi router, essentially performing the same function of extending the Wi-Fi coverage, is a significant advantage that plays a vital role in increasing the sales of the Wi-Fi range extenders, mainly in the commercial and residential sectors.
- The rapid growth of connected homes and the emergence of the smart home ecosystem are other factors expected to boost the market's growth. Additionally, the demand for wireless routers is rising from the growing consumer preference toward installing smart devices in the homes, such as smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets, among many other appliances.
- The emergence of the BYOD trend in the corporate sector has further propelled the use of wireless routers in the commercial space. The rapid growth and development of the consumer electronics, safety, and security industries have developed a pattern that is creating new economic opportunities. As a result, the global market for Wi-Fi range extenders is expanding. Growing knowledge of different technological breakthroughs significantly boosts market demand for Wi-Fi range extenders. Customization, industry-specific testing services, fast-changing trends, and customer preferences drive the market demand for Wi-Fi range extenders.
- Moreover, the growing cybersecurity concerns with the inclusion of smart devices are analyzed to hamper the market growth during the forecast period. Wi-Fi can be attacked by default or weak SSIDs or passwords and insecure encryption techniques. The attacker can easily access the router using the default credentials. Strong Wi-Fi passwords make hackers search for more challenging entry points to the network. The most typical methods used by hackers to access networks are sniffing and encryption breaking. Therefore, the growing cybersecurity concerns are analyzed to restrain the market studied during the forecast period.
- Employees have also been witnessed accessing the company network using personal Wi-Fi internet connections. This unexpected interruption caused by the COVID-19 epidemic increased the adoption of the Wi-Fi range extender to keep companies and key operations running. Furthermore, various sectors throughout the globe recovered from the COVID-19 epidemic by participating in bandwidth-hungry applications, including voice, video, and IoT devices. As a result, as demand for Wi-Fi grows, wireless networks become oversubscribed, forcing associated IT teams to limit application performance. With the increased use of connected devices for smart homes and smart cities, the market is growing rapidly post-pandemic.
Wi-Fi Range Extender Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Wi-Fi Range Extender Market according to our research experts:
Proliferation of Smart Cities and Smart Homes Drives the Market Growth
- The proliferation of the connected homes concept and the advent of the smart home ecosystem are other factors expected to augment the market's growth. Moreover, wireless routers targeted at businesses have improved tremendously over the past few years. The best models offer dual or triple-band connectivity and many other features, usually in far more expensive enterprise-grade models. However, the range of routers has always been a major challenge for large office spaces, and the evolution of extenders and repeaters has shown promise to provide a viable solution.
- In the coming years, smart cities are projected to fuel the global Wi-Fi range extender market's development potential. Similarly, this increased interest in open Wi-Fi networks from many purchasers, including healthcare, waste and water management, infrastructure management, educational access, and safety and security. Furthermore, as the need for open Wi-Fi systems increases, more Wi-Fi switches would be deployed in public locations, boosting the demand for Wi-Fi switches with a broader zone scope and faster Internet speeds.
- Smart cities and smart homes are growing tremendously and transforming modern life. A smart home is a residence that has installed smart products/devices, such as smart security systems, smart entertainment systems, air conditioners, smart televisions, and many more devices. With the rapid increase in the sales of smart home devices, the Wi-Fi range extender market is poised to grow further.
- Smart products/devices used in smart homes/offices must be connected to the internet to work seamlessly and, thus, require Wi-Fi range extenders for an increased range of a normal Wi-Fi router. The overall demand for smart products is poised to increase owing to technological innovations, consumer interest, and greater accessibility.
- A smart city consists of smart systems, like smart traffic systems, smart buildings, smart water management, smart waste management, and a couple of IoT devices, among others, which need an internet connection to provide useful data to keep track of the resources. This is expected to boost the market studied.
- The increasing adoption of IoT devices is augmenting the growth of Wi-Fi range extenders. According to Apatative, The global 5G Internet of Things (IoT) endpoint market is expected to develop rapidly, from 0.4 million units in 2020 to 19.1 million units in the current year. The 5G IoT installed base is expected to reach 49 million by the end of the current year. The advent of IoT and changing consumer preferences towards purchasing various gadgets and wearables capable of operating and performing various functions with internet connectivity is also set to propel the wireless routers' growth and associated markets over the forecast period. The demand for the internet among various households has been increasing with the growth in connected devices.
North America to Hold the Largest Market Share
- North American region is a pioneer in the Wi-Fi range extender market and is expected to hold the largest share. Moreover, the region has a strong foothold of vendors like Netgear Inc.
- The major factor contributing to the growth of the Wi-Fi extender market is the rising utilization of wireless services among numerous end users. The Wi-Fi extender is majorly used in the region, owing to the large number of residential users adopting connected device technology. Most companies test and launch their products and services in the region before the global launch and deployment of the product.
- Further, the growth of network-connected devices, systems, and services using the Internet of Things (IoT) creates enormous opportunities and benefits. Moreover, US consumers are increasingly using IoT devices for various applications.
- Also, with the rising number of consumers embracing the smart home environment in the United States, IoT is further expanding across the North American region. Many smart homes have already been connected to North America.
- The growing acceptance of IoT in the region is also significantly driving the studied market. Furthermore, devices such as IoT-enabled medical wearable temperature sensors to remotely transmit data to a central monitoring system are already in deployment mode. Medical staff is signaled based on trends and thresholds, identifying the patient and room, and can respond accordingly.
Wi-Fi Range Extender Industry Overview
The Wi-Fi Range Extender Market is highly fragmented with the presence of major players like D-Link Corporation, Linksys Group Inc., TRENDnet, Inc., Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co., Ltd., and Cisco Systems Inc. Players in the market are adopting strategies such as partnerships and acquisitions to enhance their product offerings and gain sustainable competitive advantage.
- In June 2022, The Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co., Ltd launched MX6-3 AX1800 a whole-home mesh Wi-Fi 6 system designed for larger households. It is an expandable mesh network that covers multiple Wi-Fi points and seamlessly fills up an area of 6000 square feet. Each node of MX6 automatically connects to each other, creating a distributed network throughout the home. Users can easily expand the Wi-Fi network just by simply adding more nodes. All nodes feature gigabit ports - that get the most out of the high-speed broadband service and ensure smooth streaming of 4K videos.
Wi-Fi Range Extender Market Leaders
Linksys Group Inc.
Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co.,Ltd.
Cisco Systems Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Wi-Fi Range Extender Market News
- January 2023: TRENDnet, one of the global pioneers in reliable SMB and consumer networking and surveillance solutions, is announced the opening of new offices in Mexico City's financial center. TRENDnet's new consolidated headquarters helps it better service partners in Mexico and other regions of Latin America.
- May 2022: Linksys announced the release of two new wifi 6 mesh systems intended to provide peak wifi performance to home users, particularly remote workers, multimedia streams, and multi-user gaming. The Linksys Hydra 6 and Linksys Atlas 6 are the company's latest entry-level dual-band devices and one of the brand's cost-effective versions.
Wi-Fi Range Extender Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Technology Snapshot
4.5 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Proliferation of Smart Cities and Smart Homes
5.1.2 Adoption of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD)
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Costs of Installation
5.2.2 Security and Privacy Concerns
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Indoor Wi-Fi
6.1.2 Outdoor Wi-Fi
6.2 By Product
6.2.1 Extenders and Repeaters
6.2.2 Access Points
6.3 By End User
6.3.4 Other End-user Verticals
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 D-Link Corporation
7.1.2 Linksys Group Inc.
7.1.3 TRENDnet, Inc.
7.1.4 Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co.,Ltd.
7.1.5 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.6 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.7 NETGEAR Inc.
7.1.8 Aruba Networks (Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP)
7.1.9 TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.10 Juniper Networks Inc.
7.1.11 Ruckus Wireless Inc.
7.1.12 Motorola Solutions Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Wi-Fi Range Extender Market Research FAQs
What is the current Wi-Fi Range Extender Market size?
The Wi-Fi Range Extender Market is projected to register a CAGR of 10.80% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Wi-Fi Range Extender Market?
D-Link Corporation , Linksys Group Inc. , TRENDnet, Inc. , Shenzhen Tenda Technology Co.,Ltd. and Cisco Systems Inc. are the major companies operating in the Wi-Fi Range Extender Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Wi-Fi Range Extender Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Wi-Fi Range Extender Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Wi-Fi Range Extender Market.
What years does this Wi-Fi Range Extender Market cover?
The report covers the Wi-Fi Range Extender Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Wi-Fi Range Extender Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Wi-Fi Range Extender Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Wi-Fi Range Extender market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Wi-Fi Range Extender analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.