VR Content Creation Services Market Size
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 3.10 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 20.54 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
VR Content Creation Services Market Analysis
The VR Content Creation Services Market size is estimated at USD 3.10 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 20.54 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 46.01% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The market is growing due to the increasing usage of virtual reality technology by the media and entertainment, industrial, healthcare, and education sectors.
- The increased use of VR technology by enterprises for applications such as on-the-job training, virtual offices for remote teams, training such as virtual meetings, and education fuels the growth of the virtual reality content creation market.
- Introducing virtual reality (VR) technologies is a breakthrough, allowing individuals to communicate 3D ideas and designs more effectively than ever before. The goal of creating more intriguing and interactive content is to leverage VR content production technologies to immerse target consumers in virtual entertainment. As a result, the growing use of virtual reality content development is expected to boost the market throughout the forecast period.
- The marketplace is expected to benefit greatly from the increasing acceptance of innovative and cutting-edge technologies, particularly in developing economies, which will accelerate the expansion of the virtual reality content creation market. A significant end-user of VR content generation is the media and entertainment industry. This is due to VR technology's capacity to give users a realistic and immersive experience.
- The vendors are developing advanced VR content creation platforms and services by forming partnerships. For instance, in May 2022, DPVR and FXG Video Science and Technology partnered to create more convenient VR content systems by combining their technology and resources. systems like televisions, PCs, and others continue to be upgraded, which drives the market expansion, demand for VR content is rising due to its strong ability to access surrounding environment displaying systems and support improved virtual simulations. Such activities and strategic investments through various partnerships are expected to drive the market's growth creating possible opportunities across various sectors.
- Due to government funding support, the Asian VR market has rapidly expanded. Asian venture capital firms, such as the Japanese business Gumi, support Asian growth while also being interested in global VR talent, especially in Europe. Asia is also active in content creation, although it mainly focuses on the Asian market for cultural and linguistic reasons.
- Virtual reality relies on computing technologies, cloud computing, and internet services to function, making it vulnerable to cyberattacks, jeopardizing data integrity, and raising the risk of data leakage. Proper security and privacy are undervalued, presenting a significant challenge to the virtual reality market.
- Virtual reality (VR) technology had the potential to mitigate many of the challenges brought about by the pandemic, which spurred increased adoption. However, relatively low adoption overall and limited software still restricted the power of VR to address COVID-19 difficulties effectively.
VR Content Creation Services Market Trends
Growing Adoption of VR in Gaming
- Virtual reality is becoming popular in gaming, which has benefited from this immersive technology. Many large-scale game development companies have jumped on the VR movement to transform the user experience. As time passed, many developers showed interest in VR games. The addition and modification of existing VR content have changed the image of the games in recent years.
- The VR gaming industry's market size is expanding at a rapid pace as the concepts and contents used in virtual reality games are exciting. Thus, virtual reality has the potential to introduce new things to the gaming industry.
- Games are one of the most popular applications of virtual reality. People of all ages can appreciate the immersive, engaging experience that they offer. Games are characterised as digital medium in which participants engage in social interaction and/or virtual environment to accomplish a task. Additionally, the utilisation of VR content creation in this industry can be linked to consumers' rising demand for experiences that are realistic and lifelike. During the projected period, there is expected to be significant growth in the application of VR technology in the gaming industry.
- Microsoft Corp. announced in January 2022 that it intended to acquire Activision Blizzard Inc., a pioneer in game development and a publisher of interactive entertainment content. This purchase is expected to speed up the expansion of Microsoft's gaming company across mobile, PC, console, and cloud platforms and will serve as a foundation for the metaverse. By revenue, Microsoft is anticipated to overtake Tencent and Sony to become the third-largest gaming business in the world after this transaction.
- Further, Virtex announced that it was planning to launch a virtual reality stadium, "Virtex Stadium," that lets fans watch the game with their friends from the center of the field. The launch is in line with the growing popularity of e-sports and the growing affordability and performance of VR consumer devices. Such innovations and developments by key vendors in the gaming industry using virtual reality are adding to the demand for new content creation in games and related services, which is expected to propel market growth.
- Additionally, the gaming industry is fast evolving, and virtual reality and alternate reality games are no longer in the distant future, according to Game Developers Conference. According to a 2023 study, 36% of participating game developers worldwide said they were working on titles for the Meta Quest virtual reality headset at the time. As a result, the market is anticipated to increase as a result of rising consumer demand for immersive media experiences and expanding VR technology adoption by companies in the gaming sector.
North America is Expected to Hold Major Share
- The United States has a leading position in the virtual reality market. R&D for hardware and software is centered around Silicon Valley, home to IT giants such as Google, Apple, and Facebook. The content production is concentrated around big gaming studios and production studios in Los Angeles.
- The United States offers favorable conditions for virtual reality start-ups, has the most active VR and AR venture capital (VC) funds, and is willing to invest in early technology start-ups; hence, commercial VR and AR companies started in the US earlier than elsewhere. Such investments are expected to continue and are estimated to drive market growth.
- The increased demand for HMDs in the gaming and entertainment industries is expected to push the regional market. Also, the increased deployment of VR technology in aerospace and defense and the architecture and planning sectors may act as a major opportunity that helps in the growth of the market.
- Technological advancements and the development of numerous software tools and hardware suits are expected to create tremendous opportunities for businesses to gain a competitive advantage over other regions. As a result, the North American virtual reality content creation industry is expected to grow in the coming years.
- The most played PlayStation VR game in 2022, according to Playstation, was the virtual reality rhythm game Beat Sabre. The most downloaded PS VR game in the EU, as well as in the US, Canada, and other regions, was the critically acclaimed VR videogame. Job Simulator and SUPERHOT VR came in second and third, respectively, in both stores, after Beat Sabre.
VR Content Creation Services Industry Overview
VR content creation services market is moving toward a fragmented market as the competition in the market is intensifying owing to a large number of players increasing their presence in the region through collaboration, merger & acquisition, and product innovation. Players include Visualise Creative Limited, Panedia Pty Ltd, Fiebak Medien,Facebook and others.
- April 2023 - Virtual reality (VR) game developer Vinci Games has secured USD 5.1 million in a seed fundraising round, which was headed by Makers Fund and included participation from Y Combinator, Soma Capital, Pioneer Fund, Anorak Ventures, BonAngels, and Kevin Lin, the co-founder of Twitch. The funds raised will go towards the production of the studio's debut game, Blacktop Hoops, a competitive, socially driven VR basketball experience. It has the most simple-to-use shooting, dunking, and dribbling basketball mechanics created particularly for virtual reality, letting users immerse themselves in the action of streetball.
- June 2023 - BinaryX revealed their intentions to enter the Virtual Reality (VR) and Artificial Intelligence Game Content (AIGC) markets. In order to create a ground-breaking new GameFi genre of AI-based VR games, BinaryX has apparently signed into agreements with their VR and AIGC partners, AiGC Labs. The team claims that BinaryX, in partnership with AiGC Labs, is getting ready to release the first VR game with a focus on both VR and AIGC.
VR Content Creation Services Market Leaders
Visualise Creative Limited
Panedia Pty Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
VR Content Creation Services Market News
- March 2023 - Flipside Studio, a new programme developed for creators by virtual reality company Flipside XR, has been released. With Meta's assistance, the company has released a VR software that allows users to create animated video in real time using cutting-edge virtual production tools. Animation creation is made easier by the app's compatibility with Meta Quest 2 and Rift/Rift S VR headsets for motion capture technologies. This VR application is a part of Flipside XR's effort to use augmented and virtual reality to influence the entertainment sector.
- October 2022 - Meta Platforms has teamed with technology giant Microsoft to integrate a variety of Microsoft Office 365 products into Meta's virtual reality (VR) platform, with the goal of enticing businesses to work in virtual settings. In Meta's VR, popular Microsoft productivity tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint will also be made available. Its Teams video calling programme would work with Meta's "Quest" and recently released "Quest Pro" VR headsets, enabling individuals to congregate in a virtual area resembling a boardroom. The manufacturer asserts that compared to its previous headset, the new model is more comfortable, performs better, and has enhanced clarity and higher resolution.
VR Content Creation Services Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assesment of Impact of COVID -19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 VR-Based Content is BeningIncreasingly Received by Customers, Mostly Driven by Location-Based VR Experiences
5.1.2 Marked Increase in the Market Activity for VR Solutions Driven by Enterprise Use-CasesWhich Require Content Creation & Rendering
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Infrastructural Challenges Remain a Concern. Moreover, the Relatively Long Development Cycles Require Considerable Budget Overlay
5.3 Market Opportunities
5.4 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
5.5 Current Entry Barriers to VR Film Production
5.6 Current Activities and Developments in the VR Filmmaking Sector
5.7 Overview of Current VR Landscape - Hardware, Software and Content Services
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By End-user
6.1.1 Media & Entertainment
6.1.2 Enterprise & Industrial
6.1.3 Other End-Users
6.2 By Geography
6.2.1 North America
6.2.4 Latin America
6.2.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Visualise Creative Limited
7.1.3 Panedia Pty Ltd.
7.1.5 Fieback Medien
7.1.6 Evolve Studio
7.1.8 FXGear Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. KEY STAKEHOLDERS
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
VR Content Creation Services Market Research FAQs
How big is the VR Content Creation Services Market?
The VR Content Creation Services Market size is expected to reach USD 3.10 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 46.01% to reach USD 20.54 billion by 2029.
What is the current VR Content Creation Services Market size?
In 2024, the VR Content Creation Services Market size is expected to reach USD 3.10 billion.
Who are the key players in VR Content Creation Services Market?
Visualise Creative Limited, Panedia Pty Ltd, Within, Fiebak Medien and Facebook are the major companies operating in the VR Content Creation Services Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in VR Content Creation Services Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in VR Content Creation Services Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in VR Content Creation Services Market.
What years does this VR Content Creation Services Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the VR Content Creation Services Market size was estimated at USD 1.67 billion. The report covers the VR Content Creation Services Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the VR Content Creation Services Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
VR Content Creation Services Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 VR Content Creation Services market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. VR Content Creation Services analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.