US Pressure Sensors Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
US Pressure Sensors Market Analysis
The United States Pressure sensor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.7% during the period 2021-2026. The market is expected to witness steady growth during this period with the ongoing industrial restorations and activities.
- The region has the highest adoption of automation and smart devices in almost every industry. Owing to a high rate of automation, the region is a dominating market for smart homes and smart offices. In comparison to the world, the region has also witnessed the highest adoption of IT in the healthcare industry.
- For instance, the US government passed the TREAD Act to mandate the installation of the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) in all types of automobiles so that drivers can be cautious about the under-inflation of automobiles within 20 minutes of its detection.
- The growing advancement in wireless pressure sensors is also being used in monitoring water tower levels. For instance, a device, BMP380, designed to provide altitude information to navigation instruments, gives absolute pressure to altitude calculation and integrates gas, pressure, humidity, and temperature sensors in a single package.
- The COVID-19 outbreak and recent nationwide lockdown across the globe have affected manufacturing activities, with a substantial portion of the global pressure sensors and other semiconductor components are manufactured. Although, in May 2020, many of these manufacturing sites recovered and started their operations. However, the fluctuation caused in starting four months in 2020 could result in order delays and lead time across the supply chain during 2020. Also, pressure sensor manufacturing requires people to be physically on-site.
US Pressure Sensors Industry Segmentation
The pressure sensor detects, measures, and transmits the information, which helps analyze the performance of a device. Pressure sensors are used in numerous applications, which include medical, automotive, industrial, aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, food and beverage, HVAC, etc.
The market also covers the qualitative and quantitive performance of pressure sensors in the region. It also covers the study of the impact of Covid-19 in the market.
|Automotive (Tire Pressure, Break Fluid Pressure, Vapor Pressure in Fuel Tank, Fuel Injection and CDRi, and Manifold Absolute Pressure among others)|
|Medical (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), Ventilators and Inhalers, and Blood Pressure Monitoring, Among Others)|
|Aerospace and Defence|
|Food and Beverage|
US Pressure Sensors Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the US Pressure Sensors Market according to our research experts:
Automotive Industry to Show Significant Growth
- The automotive industry that is currently undergoing a technology transformation, with a major objective of increasing safety, comfort, and entertainment, provides various opportunities for pressure sensors. The miniature size of these sensors, such as MEMS, is influencing their demand in the design scheme of the automotive industry, making them a crucial factor for massive adoption.
- With technological developments driving the development of autonomous and self-driving cars, the adoption of sensors in cars is expected to witness subsequent growth. In the automotive sector, safety regulations enforced by governmental organizations also play a crucial role in incorporating pressure sensors.
- For instance, in the United States, the NHTSA has mandated the use of TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) since 2002. Hence, the US automotive sector has been leading the market studied, owing to the presence of a robust automotive sector.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Medical Industry to Hold the Highest Market Share
- The requirement of pressure sensors in the making of ventilators has been observed to rise. Multiple vendors have continued production in support of a stable supply of pressure sensors for ventilators. As of April 2020, WIKA USA announced that it is fully operational amidst the outbreak to make Pressure Sensors for Medical Ventilators. The company also said that it had increased the production of its MG-1 pressure sensors to meet this high demand.
- As of April 2020, the University of Minnesota and the partner companies have been designing the components of a mechanical ventilator. Such trends are likely to increase the demand for pressure sensors and, thereby, are expected to put considerable pressure on the manufacturers.
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1.6 to 3.8 million sports- and recreation-related TBIs occur each year in the U.S. Field data suggest that loose or improperly fitted helmets can contribute to TBIs, but no devices currently exist that can provide information about how well a helmet conforms to an individual player’s head.
- Thus, to counter this issue, researchers reporting in ACS Sensors, in March 2021, have developed a highly sensitive pressure sensor cap that, when worn under a helmet, could help reveal whether the headgear is a perfect fit.
US Pressure Sensors Industry Overview
The Mexico Pressure Sensor market is partially fragmented and consists of a few major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with innovative and sustainable packaging, many of the companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
- January 2020 - Honeywell announced the launch of a new, high-performance, value-priced line of Media Isolated stainless steel pressure sensors (MIP) for the industrial and HVAC market. The sensors were designed to withstand extreme temperatures and resist corrosion; the sensors are used by engineers to create high-performance HVAC systems, medical and biomedical processes, marine systems, aircraft systems, environmental engineering, laboratory and wastewater, and other industrial applications.
US Pressure Sensors Market Leaders
BOSCH SENSORTEC GMBH
GE MEASUREMENT & CONTROL
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC.
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
US Pressure Sensors Market News
- April 2020 - Bosch Sensortec announced the BMP390, a barometric pressure sensor for altitude tracking in smartphones and wearable and hearable devices. According to Bosch, the new sensor can measure height changes below 10 centimeters and is 50 percent more accurate than its predecessor. The new BMP390 supports GPS applications for outdoor navigation and calorie expenditure estimation tasks and is available for high-volume smartphones, wearable, and hearable manufacturers.
- February 2021 - Sensata Technologies, an industrial technology company and provider of sensor-rich solutions, announced the acquisition of telematics and data insight provider Xirgo Technologies Intermediate Holdings, LLC (“Xirgo”) for USD 400 million.
US Pressure Sensors Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growth Of End-user Verticals, such as Automotive and Healthcare
4.3.2 Increasing Adoption of MEMS and NEMS Systems in the Industry
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Costs Associated with Sensing Products
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Automotive (Tire Pressure, Break Fluid Pressure, Vapor Pressure in Fuel Tank, Fuel Injection and CDRi, and Manifold Absolute Pressure among others)
5.1.2 Medical (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), Ventilators and Inhalers, and Blood Pressure Monitoring, Among Others)
5.1.3 Consumer Electronics
5.1.5 Aerospace and Defence
5.1.6 Food and Beverage
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 ABB Ltd
6.1.2 All Sensors Corporation
6.1.3 Bosch Sensortec GmbH
6.1.4 Endress+Hauser AG
6.1.5 GMS Instruments BV
6.1.6 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.7 Invensys Ltd
6.1.8 Kistler Group
6.1.9 Rockwell Automation Inc.
6.1.10 Rosemount Inc. (Emerson Electric Company)
6.1.11 Sensata Technologies Inc.
6.1.12 Siemens AG
6.1.13 Yokogawa Corporation
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
US Pressure Sensors Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The US Pressure Sensors Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of US Pressure Sensors Market?
The US Pressure Sensors Market is growing at a CAGR of 9.7% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in US Pressure Sensors Market?
ABB LIMITED , BOSCH SENSORTEC GMBH , GE MEASUREMENT & CONTROL , HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC. , SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC SE are the major companies operating in US Pressure Sensors Market.
US Pressure Sensors Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 US Pressure Sensors market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. US Pressure Sensors analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.