|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Commercial Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Motorcycles|
The Turkey Automotive Engine Oils Market stood at 149.02 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : The high average engine oil capacity of heavy-duty trucks and buses resulted in the commercial vehicle (CV) sector consuming the highes engine oil volumes in Turkey.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Motorcycles : The recovery in car production and sales in Turkey is predicted to be faster starting in 2021, increasing the growth rate of engine oil consumption in the near future.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Commercial Vehicles
- Engine oils accounted for about 70% of the overall automotive lubricants consumed in Turkey, in 2020. Between 2015 and 2019, engine oil consumption declined by around 6%. The declined industrial activity and freight transportation was the major factor behind this drop.
- In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to a massive decline in the usage rate of the existing vehicle fleets in the country, which led to 6.1% dip in engine oil consumption. Commercial Vehicle (CV) segment recorded the largest decline of 7% in engine oil consumption during the year.
- During 2021-2026, the passenger vehicles segment is expected to register the highest growth of about 7.86% in the engine oil consumption, followed by motorcycles segment (6.7%). The growth is likely to be driven by increasing demand for cars in the country over the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Turkey Automotive Engine Oils Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 81.91%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), FUCHS, Petrol Ofisi, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- September 2021: Total Turkey Pazarlama and Nissan Turkey signed a new arrangement under which Nissan Turkey will deliver Nissan Genuine Engine Oils to its Turkish clients for the next three years. Nissan Genuine Engine Oils are created with the help of TotalEnergies' lubricant expertise.
- March 2021: Castrol announced the launch of Castrol ON (a Castrol e-fluid range that includes e-gear oils, e-coolants, and e-greases) to its product portfolio. This range is specially designed for electric vehicles.
- March 2021: Hyundai Motor Company and Royal Dutch Shell PLC announced a five-year global business cooperation agreement, with a new focus on clean energy and carbon reduction, to help Hyundai continue its transformation as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Grade
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Altinbas Holdings (Alpet Madeni Yağları)
5.3.2 BELGIN Oil
5.3.3 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.4 Demiroren (M Oil)
5.3.6 Gulf Oil International
5.3.8 Petrol Ofisi
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, TURKEY, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, TURKEY, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, TURKEY, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, TURKEY, 2015 - 2026
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
TURKEY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms