|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Turkey Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market stood at 116.17 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and shorter drain intervals, as it is used in high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : The predicted rebound in commercial vehicle imports and sales, along with rise in business activities from 2021, is expected to increase grease consumption in near future.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- In Turkey, Commercial vehicles (CVs) is the largest vehicle type in terms of automotive lubricant consumption. During 2015-2019, the CV lubricant consumption declined by around 7% primarily owing to the declined industrial activity owing to economical crisis.
- In 2020, CVs accounted for about 56% of the total automotive lubricant consumption in the country. Engine oil accounted for the largest share in the PV lubricant consumption, with a share of around 72% during the year. During 2020, CV lubricants consumption declined by 7.1% due to the lower usage of the vehicle fleet post COVID-19 outbreak.
- The grease segment is likely to be the fastest-growing lubricant type exhibiting a CAGR of 7.04% during 2021-2026. This growth is likely to be driven by rise in sales of commercial vehicles and recovery of freight transportation in the country.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Turkey Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 86.48%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), FUCHS, Petrol Ofisi, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- March 2021: Castrol announced the launch of Castrol ON (a Castrol e-fluid range that includes e-gear oils, e-coolants, and e-greases) to its product portfolio. This range is specially designed for electric vehicles.
- March 2021: Hyundai Motor Company and Royal Dutch Shell PLC announced a five-year global business cooperation agreement, with a new focus on clean energy and carbon reduction, to help Hyundai continue its transformation as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider.
- February 2021: Royal Dutch Shell PLC introduced a global portfolio of carbon-neutral lubricants for a wide range of automotive and industrial applications to control carbon emissions.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Altinbas Holdings (Alpet Madeni Yağları)
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Demiroren (M Oil)
5.3.5 Gulf Oil International
5.3.7 Petline Petrol Ürünleri A.Ş
5.3.8 Petrol Ofisi
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, TURKEY, 2015 - 2026
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
TURKEY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms