2016 - 2026
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Talc Market size was estimated at over USD 2.3 billion and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively affected due to COVID-19 in 2020. Owing to COVID-19 scenario, several countries went into lockdown, all the end-user industries were severly affected due to workforce shortages, supply chain disruptions and work stoppages. This negatively affected the market growth. But the condition is expected to recover in 2020, which is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Over the short term, increasing demand for industrial and marine coatings is driving the demand for talc, as it is used in industrial coatings, which provide benefits, such as corrosion protection, solvent reduction, and good adhesion.
- On the flipside, health issues in cosmetic products and impact of covid-19 pandemic is expected to hamper the growth of market studied.
- The growing demand for thermoplastics in the aerospace industry is likely to act as an opportunity in the future. Thermoplastics are expected to play an increasingly important role in accelerating future aircraft construction, as they offer multiple advantages, including very short production times and low overall costs, compared to their thermoset counterparts.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the talc market across the world, owing to the rising plastics market in China and presence of white talc reserves in countries, like India.
Scope of the Report
Talc is a soft, hydrous magnesium silicate and is used in a wide range of industries, including plastics, rubber, paints, paper, and pharmaceuticals. The market is segmented by deposit and end-user industry, and geography. By deposit, the market is segmented by Talc Chlorite and Talc Carbonate. By end-user Industry, the market is segmented by Pulp and Paper, Paints and Coatings, Plastics and Rubber, Food and Beverage, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, and Other End-user Industries. The report also covers market size and forecasts for talc market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of value (USD million).
|Pulp and Paper|
|Paints and Coatings|
|Plastics and Rubber|
|Food and Beverage|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from plastics and rubber Industry
- In plastic manufacturing, talc is mainly used as a filler. Talc particles have platy shapes which helps to increase the stiffness of products, such as polypropylene, vinyl, polyethylene, nylon, and polyester. This also increase the heat resistance ability of these products, as well as reduce shrinkage.
- Talc also enhances the properties of plastic by improving hardness, tensile strength, toughness, impact absorption, stability, as well as electrical insulation. Furthermore, being a good insulator, it decreases the energy loss from electrical devices.
- The production of plastic is increasing globally over time, which is expected to boost the demand for talc over the forecast period.
- In rubber manufacturing, talc helps to provide bounce property to the rubber, as well as it prevents rubber from stickiness. Properties, such as high heat resistivity and bonding qualities of talc, makes it an applicable choice for rubber application.
- Talc helps to reduce the viscosity of rubber compounds, thus easing the processing of moulded parts. It also develops extrudate qualities and enhances UV radiation resistance ability of exterior parts of automotive profiles. Talcs function as insulators in the process tyre manufacturing and make excellent processing aids.
- Additionally, talc also helps to improve the mechanical properties of rubber compounds. It helps in the reduction of gas permeability and electrical conductivity. These properties are driving the demand for talc in the rubber industry, which is expected to boost the global talc market at a high rate over the forecast period.
- All the aforementioned factors, in turn, are expected to drive the demand for talc market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share with the growing demand from the countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- China has a huge plastics market that requires high supply of talc to function. In China, talc is found in 15 provinces, with Liaoning, Shandong, Guangxi, Jiangxi, and Qinghai as the prominent areas that account for more than 90% of the total reserves.
- China stopped manufacturing its own pulp which resulted in the raise of pulp prices which is expected to hinder the growth of talc consumption in pulp & paper industry of the country.
- India is one of the few countries with white talc reserves. The deposits of talc are found throughout the country. Most of the white talc produced is consumed in the country itself.
- Most of the commercial talc production of talc comes from Rajasthan. The two leading talc producers in the country (Golcha Group and Golcha Assoaciated) are based in Jaipur, Rajasthan catering cosmetics and polymer industry with talc of superior grades.
- Apart from these producers, the country has several small-scale producers that produce standard or low-quality grades.
- According to IPMA (Indian Paper Manufacturers Association), although India’s pulp and paper market is growing by around 6-7% per annum, the industry witnessed a drop in production over the past three years. This contrasts with the consumption, which is exhibiting a steady rise.
- The plastics sector of Japan is stable and balanced in terms of proportion of production to demand. The exports of plastics from the country is always higher than the imported amount. Notably, the trade is primarily with Asian countries.
- However, all the end-user industries except pharmaceuticals, faced negative impact due to COVID-19 in 2020, which slowed the growth of market studied. But, the condition is expected to recover in 2021, thereby driving the talc market during the forecast period.
- All these factors, in turn, are expected to drive the demand for talc in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The talc market is moderately consolidated. The top five players accounted for around 30% share of the market. The top players of the market include Imerys, Mineral Technologies Inc., IMI Fabi SpA, Nippon Talc Co., Ltd., and Golcha Group, among others.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Industrial and Marine Coatings
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Health Issues in Cosmetics Products
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value)
5.1.1 Talc Chlorite
5.1.2 Talc Carbonate
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Pulp and Paper
5.2.2 Paints and Coatings
5.2.3 Plastics and Rubber
5.2.4 Food and Beverage
5.2.5 Personal Care
5.2.7 Other End-user Industries
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of the Europe
5.3.4 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 IMI Fabi SpA
6.4.2 ANAND TALC
6.4.3 Golcha Group
6.4.4 Crips Guangxi Guilin Longsheng HuaMei Talc Development Co., Ltd
6.4.6 LITHOS Industrial Minerals GmbH
6.4.7 Minerals Technologies Inc.
6.4.8 ELEMENTIS PLC
6.4.9 Nippon Talc Co., Ltd.
6.4.10 Superior Materials, Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand For Thermoplastics in Aerospace Industry
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Talc Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Talc Market?
The Talc Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Talc Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Talc Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Talc Market?
- Mineral Technologies Inc.
- IMI Fabi SpA
- Golcha Group
- Nippon Talc Co., Ltd.
Are the major companies operating in Talc Market.