Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Swedish facility management market is expected to register a CAGR of 2.5% over the forecast period, 2022 to 2027. Sweden is supposed to be one of the most mature and sophisticated outsourced markets for facility management services.
- Sweden is one of the significant outsourced markets for facility management services in terms of development and sophistication. The country's facility management industry operates with integrated contracts provided by significant vendors across continents and nations, and small local players focus on single contracts and single-service solutions. However, they are increasing opportunities to leverage facility management and corporate real estate in new ways.
- Moreover, facility management (FM) includes management methods and techniques for building management, infrastructure management for an organization, and overall harmonization of the work environment in an organization. This system standardizes services and streamlines processes for an organization.
- The Swedish facility management market has been subjected to moderate growth due to the rise in demand for people with an improved requirements. During the forecast period, this scenario is expected to support the market's growth. As a result of the ongoing pandemic, the market in the region has been steadily growing. However, the pandemic has limited production, resulting in a significant drop in business inputs.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a mixed business impact on facilities management firms. The restrictions on the movement of people resulted in a decline in project work and a decreased level of activity across many customer sites. Significant players in the market, such as Krohne Messtechnik GmbH., Itasca International Inc., Durr Systems Inc., and others, were adversely affected due to the pandemic lockdown.
Scope of the Report
Facility management (FM) is a profession that incorporates many disciplines to ensure functionality, safety, comfort, and efficiency of the built environment by integrating people, process, place, and technology. FMs contribute to the business's bottom line through their responsibility for maintaining what is often an organization's most significant and most valuable assets, such as property, equipment, buildings, and other environments that house personnel, productivity, inventory, and other elements of the operation. The objective of professional FM as an interdisciplinary business function is to coordinate the demand and supply of facilities and services in both public and private organizations.
|By Facility Management|
|Inhouse Facility Management|
|By Offering Type|
Key Market Trends
Commercial Property Market is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- In Sweden, investment companies usually decide to specialize either in the residential or commercial property market. As commercial investments suggest higher cash flow potential and often provide better returns on investment, the commercial buildings segment offers lucrative opportunities, making them an attractive form of investment in the country, consequently boosting the Facility Management Market's growth during the forecast period.
- In May 2022, In support of a pan-European residential strategy, Patrizia, an investment manager in the real estate market, purchased a residential development near Stockholm, Sweden, from Scandinavian Property Group (SPG) for EUR 62 million.
- In Sweden, the Facility Management market sees a lot of collaboration between enterprises. For instance, In April 2022, NCAP Tritax Eurobox was assisted by NCAP, a specialist Nordic real estate investment and asset management firm, in purchasing a prominent 95,000-meter square site in Malmo's Fosie Industrial Area. Tritax, in collaboration with developer MIGS Logistic Properties, will speculatively renovate the site after the existing lease expires in 2024. The deadline for completion is 2025.
- According to CBRE, In 2021, real estate investment volumes in the Nordics hit new highs of EUR 63.6 billion, up 44% from the previous year, with Sweden and Norway both setting new records. With several significant platform deals in the Nordics, the multifamily sector is expected to see record levels of investment in 2021.
- In Sep 2020, Cytiva announced that it plans to invest USD 500 million in production capacity over the next five years, employing approximately 1,000 people in Austria, China, Singapore, Sweden, and the United States and introducing new manufacturing lines with enhanced automation.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Big Data Allows Facility Management Teams to Drive for Efficiency, Sustainability, and Cost Savings
- Facility management has evolved rapidly in recent years, resulting in widespread changes in Sweden's industries. Facility management in the region is witnessing a paradigm transition as trends such as data, disruption, shifting amenities, and innovative workplace concepts gain strength and popularity.
- Outsourced FM has proven effective in various industries, including government, retail, professional services, healthcare, technology, logistics, manufacturing, and education. FM services cover a wide range of categories, generally determined by the company's kind, size, and industry. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all solution. Some businesses will need a single service solution provider, but others will need a bundled services package or a full facilities management solution.
- Vendors in the region have been providing technical services to their customers that offer multiple advantages for clients. For instance, In Jan 2022, Durr's software tools from the DXQanalyze series took top place in the Industry 4.0 Innovation Award. The intelligent program collects and analyses data to determine the best course of action. The software can predict potential difficulties using machine learning.
- JLT Mobile Computers, a Swedish rugged computer manufacturer, is creating a software development division in February 2021 to bolster its Internet of Things services business (IoT).
- The Swedish freight and logistics business has seen a lot of mergers and acquisitions. SDK Freja announced its acquisition of IRT logistics in 2022. The agreement will allow Freja to extend its market in Sweden. JAS Worldwide acquired Greencarrier Freight Services in 2021. It will be able to increase its presence in the Nordic countries due to the acquisition.
- In Sweden, the Facility Management market sees a lot of collaboration between enterprises. For instance, Itasca will collaborate with Rescale for FLAC3D Cloud Computing in February 2022. Itasca has teamed up with Rescale to make running Itasca applications in the cloud easier. This is accomplished by Rescale pre-installing software on the cloud. Itasca has currently configured FLAC3D 7 for use with Rescale.
The Swedish facility management market is fragmented. It is a highly competitive market without many dominant players present in the market.
- February 2022 - Itasca announced that it would release a two-dimensional numerical modeling program in 2022. FLAC2D is a 2D variant of FLAC3D that combines FLAC's efficiency with FLAC3D's power. This will also improve future development by making the user experience consistent across programs.
- December 2021 - KROHNE joined the Digital Data Chain Consortium (DDCC) to continue the work of the DIN SPEC 91406 consortium and to support a coordinated approach for the process industries for automatic object identification and efficient transmission of object information.
- January 2022 - The Coor and Centrumstad, a reputable cleaning services business in Scania, southern Sweden, signed a deal. Coor's cleaning south Sweden organization will be strengthened due to the acquisition, and the company will be in a better position to expand further in the region.
- July 2021 - Kurita Water Industries Ltd. and Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation announced that they would collaborate on water treatment for power plants. The goal is to create services that allow for both steady wastewater treatment and reduced environmental impact.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Driver
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Big Data Allows Facility Management Teams to Drive for Efficiency, Sustainability, and Cost Savings
4.3.2 Renewed Emphasis on Workplace Optimization and Productivity
4.4 Market Challenges
4.4.1 Diminishing Profit Margins and Ongoing Changes in Macro-environment
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Facility Management
5.1.1 Inhouse Facility Management
5.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
22.214.171.124 Single FM
126.96.36.199 Bundled FM
188.8.131.52 Integrated FM
5.2 By Offering Type
5.2.1 Hard FM
5.2.2 Soft FM
5.3 By End-User
5.3.5 Other End-Users
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Krohne Messtechnik GmbH
6.1.2 Kurita Water Industries Ltd
6.1.3 Durr Systems Inc.
6.1.4 Light House World Wide Solutions
6.1.5 Itasca Internationl Inc.
6.1.6 Sierra Instruments Inc.
6.1.7 Bentley Systems Incorporated
6.1.8 Veolia Water Technologies
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Sweden Facility Management Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Sweden Facility Management Market ?
The Sweden Facility Management Market is growing at a CAGR of >2.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Sweden Facility Management Market ?
Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions, Kurita Water Industries, Durr Systems, Inc., Itasca International, KROHNE Group are the major companies operating in Sweden Facility Management Market .